Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Jumping jacks, flinging myself off of low decks, yelling into an empty bottle of carrot juice. Trying to get in writing mode.

Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349530 times)

0 Members and 161 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2895 on: June 08, 2008, 01:32:25 pm »

...write an article about a black tie ball I went to last night where people bring their dogs. Dang, it is annoying to go to an event where even the dogs dress better than I do.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2896 on: June 08, 2008, 07:27:01 pm »

...dye a load of cotton wool with food colouring in order to dress myself up as a giant portion of candy floss.

It's in the oven now, drying.

I will then construct a windmill out of card (complete with a little cut-out Windy Miller) and, when the time comes, fit it to my head.

And then I will be The Mill on the Floss! You see!

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2897 on: June 08, 2008, 07:29:29 pm »

Candy Floss? You mean cotton candy?
Ok I can handle that... but youre just doing this for jollies or is there some kind of event where you have to dress like a lunatic?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 07:58:43 pm by Arachno-capitalist »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2898 on: June 08, 2008, 07:55:37 pm »

Yep, that's the stuff. It's basically the latter, although strictly the brief is "dress as a literary title". It comes to the same thing, though.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2899 on: June 09, 2008, 07:43:55 am »

Continued attempting to ride a unicycle.

I am up to going 5 to 7 feet before falling off.   Also: When I fall off, it is not ass first into the pavement.

A neighborhood couple walked by with their dog, saw me waggling my arms about rocking forward and back and said "Just one?  I guess it's all about efficiency these days."
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2900 on: June 09, 2008, 04:05:44 pm »

...write an article about a black tie ball I went to last night where people bring their dogs. Dang, it is annoying to go to an event where even the dogs dress better than I do.
I was just picturing your dogs in ball gowns and pearls, then realized you probably didn't bring them.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2901 on: June 09, 2008, 04:38:12 pm »

Right, unfortunately I can't wrangle the pugs and work at the same time. Also, apparently they are the only pugs in the world who refuse to wear clothes. There were lots of dogs there that did not have that same problem, though.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2902 on: June 09, 2008, 05:24:14 pm »

Picture! Picture!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2903 on: June 09, 2008, 05:38:11 pm »

Congrats on the purchase. I too request a picture of you and your animal.
Id name a hoss Frédéric Bastiat or Ludwig Von Mises, but thats me.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2904 on: June 09, 2008, 08:49:35 pm »

one of my kids, after our first day, told me that this is the most fun he has had in his entire life.

I went over to tell my boss this because I was getting all wigged out about how awesome this was, and when I pulled her over to whisper it in her ear (so I wouldn't embarrass the kid) she thought I was going to kiss her or something and jumped back.

Remind me never to adopt 5 7-year-old boys.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2905 on: June 09, 2008, 11:10:14 pm »

Maybe breath mints?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2906 on: June 11, 2008, 05:32:11 pm »

Right, unfortunately I can't wrangle the pugs and work at the same time. Also, apparently they are the only pugs in the world who refuse to wear clothes. There were lots of dogs there that did not have that same problem, though.

God bless your pugs for standing up to the man.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2907 on: June 11, 2008, 08:33:11 pm »

yeah, of course this lady who has to be almost 40 is trying to be my like Best Camp Friend who talks to me all the time. It is weirding me out.
Like, she told our boss that I wanted to teach Painting with her, and I did not want to teach painting, or hang out with her.

But anyway, those kids ended up being awesome once I got used to having to tell them every dang thing 5 times. Also, when my co-counselor and I agreed to start Laying Down the Law with this one kid who was acting up.

in 48 hours, I will have 7 9-year olds all to myself. I hope this will go well. Until then, me and like 16 other counselors will have to find something to do up here on like 3000 acres of uninhabited land.

"guys, we know it's your time off, but try to be respectful of people who are sleeping around." *pause, then we start laughing* "I mean! Be respectful of people who are sleeping! Around camp!"

first: watch Pulp Fiction.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2908 on: June 11, 2008, 09:40:36 pm »

acres of empty property and no ones greened up? What a crew.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2909 on: June 11, 2008, 10:21:42 pm »

yeah, of course this lady who has to be almost 40 is trying to be my like Best Camp Friend who talks to me all the time. It is weirding me out.
Like, she told our boss that I wanted to teach Painting with her, and I did not want to teach painting, or hang out with her.

The cougar is a stealthy creature... typically, by the time you realize you're in danger, you're already in her mouth.

<gets his liquor out, starts choosing a shot glass>
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 878   Go Up