Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I haven't had a haircut since July. I'm hoping to, "wait it out."

Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348186 times)

0 Members and 200 Guests are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2925 on: June 13, 2008, 02:12:32 am »

Today Ill finally find a way to beat the DRM on iTunes movies. I cant believe its so much work to take a movie I paid for and put it on my DVD player. If I can "authorize" up to 5 computers, why cant I damn "authorize" my dvd player.
I am not buying an iTV but I am immediately buying the new iphone when it comes out.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2926 on: June 13, 2008, 06:53:51 am »

If I had a job I would buy that thing so hard.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2927 on: June 13, 2008, 07:26:13 am »

Yeah I'm glad we're finally getting it down here. I'm waiting to see what the plans are like before I get one but it's sexy tiny tech so it's only a matter of time.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2928 on: June 13, 2008, 01:52:22 pm »

The cheapest plan last available was $60 and that comes with unlimited data and hundreds of minutes. They haven't posted any plans for the 3G. I do hope this means ATT is going to invest in their 3G network expansion. Here in the states, its only available in major metropolitan areas, and even then, not all of them.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2929 on: June 13, 2008, 02:17:06 pm »

3G is fairly wide spread here at least around the major cities, which is why I guess we haven't seen one until now. They're going to have it on a couple of carriers here nad I'm hoping that maybe I'll be able to buy it outright and get it on a prepaid plan... but I doubt it.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2930 on: June 13, 2008, 06:44:37 pm »

The cheapest plan last available was $60 and that comes with unlimited data and hundreds of minutes. They haven't posted any plans for the 3G. I do hope this means ATT is going to invest in their 3G network expansion. Here in the states, its only available in major metropolitan areas, and even then, not all of them.

According to Wired you'll pick one of ATT's existing call plans then add $30/month for data. $45/month for data if you want the business plan. It's unclear if the business plan is required for Exchange access.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2931 on: June 15, 2008, 04:26:59 am »

Work technical wizardry and connect my macbook, wirelessly, to my tv thereby allowing me to watch my downloaded movies directly on TV. Next up: figuring out if it would be cheaper to build my own bumper pool table or buy one.
Tomorrow: Feed cats. Mow Lawn. Chicken.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2932 on: June 15, 2008, 09:44:18 am »

What did you do?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2933 on: June 15, 2008, 09:54:52 am »

And you deserved a can for that post, but with all this rude talk about 40 year old ladies flying about, I'm just not in the mood.

I was just reflecting the other day on how a 32 year old lady took my virginity.   Now, as a 32 year old I gotta say "Alright Lady... You go!"

In other news: Today I biked through downtown Portland with about 1,000 nude people.  As the song goes, it was a heap of trouble for all concerned.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2934 on: June 15, 2008, 12:44:47 pm »

I was just reflecting the other day on how a 32 year old lady took my virginity.   

What did she do with it? Did she give it back when she was done?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2935 on: June 15, 2008, 01:57:18 pm »

What did she do with it? Did she give it back when she was done?

I don't know that he'd want what she did it with back. At least not until after she wiped it off.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2936 on: June 15, 2008, 02:05:31 pm »

I was just reflecting the other day on how a 32 year old lady took my virginity.
<--The wind up.

What did she do with it? Did she give it back when she was done?
<--And The Pitch

I don't know that he'd want what she did it with back. At least not until after she wiped it off.
<-- And, its out of here.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2937 on: June 16, 2008, 12:34:45 am »

What did you do?
I connected my old powerbook to the TV via the S-video output. Connected audio to my sound system with the audio out jack. Then I ran itunes on the powerbook, and connected Screen Sharing with my macbook and also ran itunes, with itunes sharing on. So I am able to control the powerbook, which is using my tv as a monitor and sound system as audio, wirelessly from my macbook and I am able to access both computers' itunes libraries and an external harddrive of downloaded movies connected to the PB. 
I might work harder to make it a total media center computer slave.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2938 on: June 16, 2008, 01:40:52 pm »

Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2939 on: June 16, 2008, 01:51:39 pm »

I connected my old powerbook to the TV via the S-video output. Connected audio to my sound system with the audio out jack. Then I ran itunes on the powerbook, and connected Screen Sharing with my macbook and also ran itunes, with itunes sharing on. So I am able to control the powerbook, which is using my tv as a monitor and sound system as audio, wirelessly from my macbook and I am able to access both computers' itunes libraries and an external harddrive of downloaded movies connected to the PB. 
I might work harder to make it a total media center computer slave.

Damn, I could totally do that if I had another computer, and have often dreamed of using a mac mini and a huge external hd to this purpose, but yeah, i thought there was going to be magic involved I guess, free magic.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 878   Go Up