Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The bus is crossing Klickitat St., home of Ramona Quimby. It's pretty swank these days. No sign of Nosmo King.

Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1350327 times)

0 Members and 190 Guests are viewing this topic.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2970 on: June 24, 2008, 05:54:37 am »

one of Carlin's seven dirties

Damn, I never thought a phrase like that could hurt.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2971 on: June 24, 2008, 07:45:26 am »

Lose my connection to Full Tilt Poker in the end of a tournament. I was in third place.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2972 on: June 24, 2008, 12:31:57 pm »

... ponder the meaning of two very old ladies I know commenting on how "different" I am.  "That Melanie, she always has to be different" they said.  "She's different.  She's always got to be different."  It was clearly not a compliment based on their tone, and yet I strive for the extraordinary, and in find deep meaning in all lifes processes or not doing them at all.

I believe that in this case "different" is code for "better" as in "thinks she's better than ordinary people."  As in, why isn't being like everyone else good enough for you?

If people like those ladies were in charge we'd all still be living in caves.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2973 on: June 24, 2008, 03:20:05 pm »

...make my first tentative steps towards learning to knit.  I basically have JL to blame for this.  All buying Stitch 'n Bitch and using my shiny red patent leather purse as a knitting bag.  I have been so looking forward to this.  Learning a new craft over the summer rocks!

... ponder the meaning of two very old ladies I know commenting on how "different" I am.  "That Melanie, she always has to be different" they said.  "She's different.  She's always got to be different."  It was clearly not a compliment based on their tone, and yet I strive for the extraordinary, and in find deep meaning in all lifes processes or not doing them at all.

Clearly, you guy are missing the point here.  Smells is taking up knitting!  This is exciting, people! 

Well, it is to me, anyway. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2974 on: June 25, 2008, 03:19:13 am »

Clearly, you guy are missing the point here.  Smells is taking up knitting!  This is exciting, people! 

Well, it is to me, anyway. 

Well I cast on like a pro.  But then things went downhill after that.  It was also 1 am when I tried.  I will try again when it is not 1 am.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2975 on: June 25, 2008, 03:40:12 am »

Casting on is the hardest part. 

Seriously, lots of people learn to knit first and cast on afterwards. 

Take it slow and find your own rhythm.  Knit in the way that feels best to your hands, even if it's different from what it says to do in the book.  The end result is all that matters.  You Can Do It. 

And that's all I'll say on the subject, for fear of sending "the guys" screaming in droves. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2976 on: June 25, 2008, 04:35:55 am »

Just make a knittin' ninnies topic and we can steer clear ;)

Or drop in and attempt to steer the conversation towards baser topics.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2977 on: June 25, 2008, 05:23:37 am »

To that point, doesn't "casting on" sound like the feminine of "jacking off"?

I always liked "nulling the void" but "casting on" could totally work too.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2978 on: June 25, 2008, 05:03:21 pm »

...make my first tentative steps towards learning to knit.  I basically have JL to blame for this.  All buying Stitch 'n Bitch and using my shiny red patent leather purse as a knitting bag.  I have been so looking forward to this.  Learning a new craft over the summer rocks!

... ponder the meaning of two very old ladies I know commenting on how "different" I am.  "That Melanie, she always has to be different" they said.  "She's different.  She's always got to be different."  It was clearly not a compliment based on their tone, and yet I strive for the extraordinary, and in find deep meaning in all lifes processes or not doing them at all.

Word to knitting.  I can't do it during the summer, but I'm looking forward to finishing some projects during the winter months.

In regards to the "always got to be different", nuts to them.   I've been getting the same thing with this unicycling kick I've been on.   The moment I did it, I was hooked.   I'm poised to start running my downtown errands on the thing.   I like it largely because it's difficult.  I feel like a bad ass when I'm doing it.   I am maintaining balance on two axes!

Heck, eventually want to get one of the nice touring unicycles, and do some of the big bicycle tours here in town on it.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2979 on: June 25, 2008, 05:19:27 pm »

Now you just need to learn to juggle and balance a little dog on your head.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2980 on: June 26, 2008, 06:21:35 am »

"nulling the void"

Possibly the most misogynistic reference to the female genitalia I've encountered to date.  Thank you. 

My vag is the opposite of a void.  It is everything!  EVERYTHING!  EVERYTHING! Say nice things about my vag!

In related news, I wrote a scene today where a lady imagines the many ways to come out to her homophobic uncle, including one version where she takes on the castrating female stereotype (AKA decides to impersonate Ani Difranco) and her uncle reacts thusly: "What?  Oh my god!  Oh no?  Oh no!  My c*ck?  Where's my!  Oh no!  You took my c*ck!  Why would you take my c*ck?!  I need that!  I need it to pee!  I need that to...  Oh, please.  Oh, please."

It is a proud day when I work dildos in poisen ivy and a magical, vanishing c*ck into the same play as devastating, deeply emotional content.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2981 on: June 26, 2008, 07:14:10 am »

"What?  Oh my god!  Oh no?  Oh no!  My c*ck?  Where's my!  Oh no!  You took my c*ck!  Why would you take my c*ck?!  I need that!  I need it to pee!  I need that to...  Oh, please.  Oh, please."

That reminds me of news stories like this.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2982 on: June 26, 2008, 07:22:20 am »

Ani Difranco can have a piece of my cock any day of the week.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2983 on: June 26, 2008, 06:09:12 pm »

Yeah. That is exactly why I find it so hilarious, it's just so ridiculous.

Sort of falls in line with the pun in the title "Much Ado About Nothing" and so forth.

The best one for a woman only masturbating clitorally, of course, is "giraffeing for beans".

The best one for male masturbation is "taking his under-the-counter sleep medication" but... that's more in a funny-because-it-is-too-wordy kinda fashion.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2984 on: June 28, 2008, 05:55:37 am »

A-CAP, the idea that you can like Ani while I find her incredibly obnoxious is just one of those mysteries of the universe.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 878   Go Up