Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Dude abides.

Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348850 times)

0 Members and 220 Guests are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3000 on: June 30, 2008, 02:46:56 am »

Home of Jack Daniels?  Ain't gonna happen.

Unless he meant Lynchburg, VA. And I see to recall Golfhaus spending some time there.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3001 on: June 30, 2008, 08:23:08 am »

Unless he meant Lynchburg, VA. And I see to recall Golfhaus spending some time there.

Still ain't gonna happen.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3002 on: June 30, 2008, 08:40:21 am »

I know a guy who's last name is Lynch, it might be completely inoccuous.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3003 on: June 30, 2008, 10:02:14 am »

I know a guy who's last name is Lynch, it might be completely inoccuous.

One of my best friends is named Lynch.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3004 on: June 30, 2008, 02:12:24 pm »

Lynchburg, VA, unfortunately. If it was Lynchburg TN, I don't think I'd ever leave.

There's a little town/village/something nearby called Lynch Station. I think that would be on the list before the 'burg.

It would probably be a bad idea to try to rename Lynchburg, since if they did, they'd probably call it Falwell City.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3005 on: June 30, 2008, 02:34:01 pm »

I commuted to Lynchburg for years to pick up and drop off women from the colleges in the area. The best thing I can say about Lynchburg is that there is a great sushi deal to be found, and the best bruschetta (at a restaurant called Isabella's, conveniently located near a movie theater) that exists anywhere ever. The train station is a trip. Theres one little man who runs the entire show. He sits behind the desk doing tickets and such, then when the train comes he opens up the garage, puts on a different hat, and rolls out in a golf cart to help with your bags.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3006 on: June 30, 2008, 04:59:41 pm »

If you are joking when you say he puts on a different hat I might cry all the water out of my body.

All changes of role should be marked by a change of hat. I would do so myself but it is difficult for me to find hats that fit my unusually large head.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3007 on: July 01, 2008, 07:44:46 am »

Mow lawns for 12 hours.

Hope I wake up in 5 hours to do it again.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3008 on: July 01, 2008, 11:02:31 am »

Get a second part-time job with UPS, also mow the lawn. AW, what does your wife do for brown?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3009 on: July 01, 2008, 03:35:17 pm »

Quote from: Arachno-capitalist
AW, what does your wife do for brown?

Wow, what... an intensely personal question.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3010 on: July 01, 2008, 04:05:59 pm »

Get my tooth filled, consume a large quantity of cold remedy and read a ton of Greek tragedy.

It's a day of frivolous jollity!

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3011 on: July 01, 2008, 04:49:45 pm »

I'm now expecting missives from the_inev and Rumjay that they too have spent time mowing lawns.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3012 on: July 01, 2008, 07:27:32 pm »

Knit, celebrate Canada day by getting bitten by mosquitoes, suffering in extreme heat, and possibly going to the zoo and seeing fireworks.

The last time I saw fire works, I was standing with a guy who was foaming from the mouth, who was convinced he saw face in a tree that was taking to him, and was having trouble breathing.  We were waiting for an ambulance for him to arrive, and the paramedics arrived just as the fire works started.  The guy thought he was being shot at and one of the para's made a fairly racist implication.  Seemed the para thought since both the drugged out guy and I were both Aboriginal that I must have taken the same drugs as he did.  After I explained that I had never met the guy before in my life, and called in as a concerned citizen the para was really nice and apologetic.  I asked if they could handle things without me, and walked away.  It was national Aboriginal day, which was just the icing on the cake.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3013 on: July 01, 2008, 11:49:38 pm »

Get a second part-time job with UPS, also mow the lawn. AW, what does your wife do for brown?

She's a computer technician -- basically she works the help desk.

If you work for UPS in Louisville they'll pay all your college expenses including tuition, room and board and books.  Great deal.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3014 on: July 02, 2008, 12:05:05 am »

...celebrate the fact that I bought a Maxima.  Twothousand, black leather, sun roof.  Gonna get super high and go to the studio to jam with the dudes.
Logged
ACHIEVE
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 878   Go Up