Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that nobody but Wombat notices what is in the News Box?

Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348888 times)

0 Members and 216 Guests are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3015 on: July 02, 2008, 01:21:05 am »

She's a computer technician -- basically she works the help desk.

If you work for UPS in Louisville they'll pay all your college expenses including tuition, room and board and books.  Great deal.
They offered up to $3,000 towards tuition room and board, and $25 per class for books.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3016 on: July 02, 2008, 01:44:18 am »

If you work for UPS in Louisville they'll pay all your college expenses including tuition, room and board and books.  Great deal.

Good grief. What do they expect you to do in return? I'm almost afraid to ask.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3017 on: July 02, 2008, 01:45:33 am »

Live in Louisville?

(I keed, I keed)
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3018 on: July 02, 2008, 05:22:45 am »

...celebrate the fact that I bought a Maxima.  Twothousand, black leather, sun roof.  Gonna get super high and go to the studio to jam with the dudes.

That is the car I own.  I love it, except recently it does not perform so much and is getting worse mileage.

But I can't just leave her, you know?

...it occurs to me that I may not have valid insurance at the moment, but I'm too lazy to check on this.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3019 on: July 03, 2008, 07:07:16 pm »

With that 5 o'clock shadow, I suspect that young scamp may actually be a middle aged hobo, or bank robber in disguise, such as I have seen in the Looney Toons.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3020 on: July 04, 2008, 03:20:59 pm »

hm. 14 year old boys terrify me. Not only because my sister is 13.
It is amazing how well kids respond to yelling. Ignoring me, ignoring me, ignoring me, I yell for like 3 seconds, and suddenly they are all in bed with teeth brushed and ready to sleep.
Yesterday one of my fellow counselors told me that she's going to request to be in my cabin's corresponding girl cabin next session, because she enjoys working with me so much. This made me feel really good. I feel like I am doing pretty well at this job.

Why does Amazon.com not have a book of tablature for The Byrds? I have seen a book with all of their songs before, and now the store doesn't have it, and Amazon doesn't think it exists. Boo.

Tonight is my night off, I am going to go out to dinner at someplace good. Awesome.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3021 on: July 04, 2008, 03:43:04 pm »

Yesterday one of my fellow counselors told me that she's going to request to be in my cabin's corresponding girl cabin next session, because she enjoys working with me so much. This made me feel really good. I feel like I am doing pretty well at this job.

So you and the cougar are getting along a little better now?
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3022 on: July 05, 2008, 01:33:43 am »

no, no.

the cougar was not a counselor, she was a Mentor. Which is a person who leads hikes and stuff. She was a major bitch, she is gone now and everyone is glad. She spent a lot of time pissing people off, and trying to tell me gossip about our co-workers.

the counselor I am speaking of is a cute lesbian. She is really fun/ny.

I am pissed because tonight was my night off, and somehow due to miscommunication everyone left without me. So I went to Bojangles by myself and didn't get to see Wall-E, because I spent too long walking around looking for people and missed the start of the movie. Dang. Oh well, we are having fireworks at camp, I guess I will just be back early and hang out with my dudes.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3023 on: July 06, 2008, 05:11:57 pm »

...enjoy my 25 hours away from Marine Corps Base Quantico. It's funny how much you appreciate certain things when you don't have them for 5 weeks, like hot water showers. (Seriously people, our hot water heaters have been out since we got here...in June. WTF?)
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3024 on: July 07, 2008, 01:02:41 am »

...enjoy my 25 hours away from Marine Corps Base Quantico. It's funny how much you appreciate certain things when you don't have them for 5 weeks, like hot water showers. (Seriously people, our hot water heaters have been out since we got here...in June. WTF?)
Incredible.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3025 on: July 07, 2008, 01:18:05 am »

our hot water heaters have been out since we got here...in June.

Another example of inadequate military funding (or at least inadequately applied military funding) or just another part of the training? We may never know.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3026 on: July 07, 2008, 01:30:22 am »

... try to figure out which of my family members is going to be the first to be told that my wife is pregnant. She's told her family, but I have to deliver my announcement via phone.

Yes, this means that the first people that I'm personally announcing this to are you guys. I don't know if that reflects positively on y'all, or negatively on me.
Logged

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3027 on: July 07, 2008, 01:48:03 am »

... try to figure out which of my family members is going to be the first to be told that my wife is pregnant. She's told her family, but I have to deliver my announcement via phone.

Yes, this means that the first people that I'm personally announcing this to are you guys. I don't know if that reflects positively on y'all, or negatively on me.


Well at least your family can still be the first non-imaginary people you tell.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3028 on: July 07, 2008, 02:13:27 am »

...enjoy my 25 hours away from Marine Corps Base Quantico. It's funny how much you appreciate certain things when you don't have them for 5 weeks, like hot water showers. (Seriously people, our hot water heaters have been out since we got here...in June. WTF?)

Jeez, it is one thing to send you places to get shot at, but no hot water? Haven't we, like, signed international human rights treaties that forbid this kind of treatment?

Golfhaus: We look forward to the baby updates.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3029 on: July 07, 2008, 02:51:05 am »

Congrizzlations, Golf-o.

Imaginary friends are the best friends to tell these things to first.

Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 878   Go Up