Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am in a bed with an Asleepness Hat on.

Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1345167 times)

0 Members and 172 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3240 on: August 24, 2008, 06:29:11 pm »

a-cap: there is now a curtain there. But, I mean, this was my first morning here, so I had not bought one yet.

With re: being from NC-- my parents are not southern. they are from Boston, or Chile by way of Boston.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3241 on: August 25, 2008, 02:19:26 am »

Today (Monday) I'm going to interview for a job with the Cleveland Clinic as a Senior Grants and Contract Manager. I hope it goes well; it sounds like a great job, should probably pay pretty well and hopefully just rock out on my resume because God knows in a few years I'll get the old wanderlust and set out again.

Yesterday (Sunday) I auditioned for a production of Godspell at the Catholic church my family and I attend. Since there was only one other guy auditioning I have a strong chance of being Jesus this time. I really, really, really hope this director does not choose to go the 70s route with the superman shirt and the suspenders, etc. The other two times I've been in productions of Godspell we re-visioned the show and really made it a lot less dated and corny. I guess we'll see...
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3242 on: August 25, 2008, 02:57:40 am »

I am totally ready to accept A-Dawg as my personal Saviour.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3243 on: August 25, 2008, 03:22:19 am »

No dude, you should be your own, personal Jesus.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3244 on: August 25, 2008, 04:44:31 am »

A can to someone who hears my prayers, someone who cares.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3245 on: August 25, 2008, 04:53:57 am »

Lift up the receiver, he'll make you a believer.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3246 on: August 25, 2008, 07:35:20 am »

i think 3 posts in a row with lyrics to the same song is a bit in excess, don't you
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3247 on: August 25, 2008, 01:01:15 pm »

I really, really, really hope this director does not choose to go the 70s route with the superman shirt and the suspenders, etc.

I hope the opposite, and there had better be pictures.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3248 on: August 25, 2008, 01:02:04 pm »

i think 3 posts in a row with lyrics to the same song is a bit in excess, don't you

no. I mean, imagine the possibilities, on slow posting days.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3249 on: August 25, 2008, 01:17:37 pm »

I hope the opposite, and there had better be pictures.

I'll see what I can do. But I draw the line at the 'fro wig. Also, a picture of a 40 year old man in a community production of Godspell decked out in 1970s clownwear might actually break the internet.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3250 on: August 25, 2008, 01:21:53 pm »

no. I mean, imagine the possibilities, on slow posting days.

What we need is some kind of battery equivalent to store this excess postery for when it's needed most, like the way solar powered street lamps run at night.

I'll see what I can do. But I draw the line at the 'fro wig. Also, a picture of a 40 year old man in a community production of Godspell decked out in 1970s clownwear might actually break the internet.

I've seen tron guy, I ain't afeared of you.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3251 on: August 25, 2008, 02:35:11 pm »

I'll see what I can do. But I draw the line at the 'fro wig. Also, a picture of a 40 year old man in a community production of Godspell decked out in 1970s clownwear might actually break the internet.

Probably not. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3252 on: August 25, 2008, 02:55:41 pm »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3253 on: August 25, 2008, 03:02:00 pm »

Wow.

I think this photo is a manifestation of c*ck thievery. It definitely made mine disappear for awhile.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3254 on: August 25, 2008, 04:04:41 pm »

I've seen tron guy, I ain't afeared of you.
Uncanny.  I was composing my reference to tron guy and the magnificent male camel toe being an indicator of the robustness of the 'net.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 878   Go Up