Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

HIDE YOUR SHAME
by wearing new t-shirts from Word Front Wares. Shroud yourself in pure unadulterated awesome.

Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1343847 times)

0 Members and 181 Guests are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3270 on: August 26, 2008, 07:24:24 pm »

An executive at our company gave our group a presentation a couple years back, and in the course of introducing himself he showed pictures of his boat.  My thought:  "Here's a real expensive hobby that I make enough money to actually enjoy!  Ha ha!  Suck on that, working-class losers!"
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3271 on: August 26, 2008, 07:26:12 pm »

Somebody at work asked if I golf. I said, "you don't pay me enough to afford playing golf." Not that I'd play anyway.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3272 on: August 26, 2008, 07:38:49 pm »

Today i got my cap and gown. I cant pin the exact emotion i got, but it was this odd anxiety possibly related to the fact that the world i have known since kindergarten is about to end in a very rapid way.
In other news: I went to a doctor once and all he did was suck blood from my neck. Dont ever go to Dr.Acula.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3273 on: August 26, 2008, 07:40:41 pm »

Today i got my cap and gown. I cant pin the exact emotion i got, but it was this odd anxiety possibly related to the fact that the world i have known since kindergarten is about to end in a very rapid way.

Fear not!  There's always graduate school.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3274 on: August 26, 2008, 07:41:27 pm »

Today i got my cap and gown. I cant pin the exact emotion i got, but it was this odd anxiety possibly related to the fact that the world i have known since kindergarten is about to end in a very rapid way.
In other news: I went to a doctor once and all he did was suck blood from my neck. Dont ever go to Dr.Acula.

Wasn't Dr. Acula a move that JD was always trying to make on Scrubs?
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3275 on: August 26, 2008, 07:46:06 pm »

Fear not!  There's always graduate school.

::Goes to store for LSAT and GRE prep books::
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3276 on: August 26, 2008, 07:50:18 pm »

Clearly you have a very down to earth hoss who will keep you from getting airs about your obvious wealth.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3277 on: August 26, 2008, 07:55:41 pm »

Yeah, that mechanism is called 'shoveling the beasts poop'.

Kind of like how executives at Mobil had to actually pump gas and sell cigarettes for 3 months before starting their office jobs. Except more excrement-based. And for 25 years. But you can't feed a gas pump carrots, so you've got that going for you.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3278 on: August 27, 2008, 03:39:32 am »

::Goes to store for LSAT and GRE prep books::

No!  Don't do it! 

It's too late for me, but there's still hope for you!  Save yourself, A-Cap!  Save yourself! 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3279 on: August 28, 2008, 12:50:57 am »

... Do econometrics with regression analysis to forecast whether or not a recession is coming. Its not ostensibly exciting, but I'm finally able to do something I could get paid for.
Also I inadvertently got attention from my philosophy professor. He handed out one these sheets that asks "Why did you choose this class? What do you hope to get out of it?" and I answered "Its a core requirement for graduation."   "Three credit hours."  Because, well, lieing is against the honor code, and I didn't think he'd actually be reading these things in class.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3280 on: August 28, 2008, 12:58:41 am »

I'm guessing he suggested you aim a little higher?  Or did he start cribbing from Dead Poets Society and get all passionate?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3281 on: August 28, 2008, 02:17:11 am »

Don't try to pull the "blank essay" thing, no matter how tempted you are.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3282 on: August 28, 2008, 02:35:10 am »

...celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary in the lame fashion that has become our tradition.  Chili's followed by a quick jaunts to Lowe's and K-Mart.  Woot.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3283 on: August 28, 2008, 01:04:00 pm »

...celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary in the lame fashion that has become our tradition.  Chili's followed by a quick jaunts to Lowe's and K-Mart.  Woot.

Aw, how romantic.

Also, seriously, any prof who asks 'why are you taking this class' is asking for the answer "because I have to" or "because it was the only thing that fit in my schedule" and the hell with him if he's so full of himself that he thinks you should make up a different answer.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3284 on: August 28, 2008, 06:24:27 pm »

...Posxto noto en Esperanto sola!

Sopiri vivi kun Harry Harrison!

Nothing has happened to Harry Harrison has it?

My lack of Esperanto knowledge has me concerned.  Nothing on his Wiki page, but I did discover that his real last name is the same as mine and Jough's.  Learn something new every day.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 878   Go Up