Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

I get so lonely up here. You never write, you never call.

sigh

Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1342314 times)

0 Members and 162 Guests are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3300 on: September 04, 2008, 04:52:54 pm »

I'm assuming this is a Water Buffaloes thing.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3301 on: September 04, 2008, 05:11:14 pm »

man, the Repubs went for some hardcore laugh-action yesterday. I was not expecting that. Laugh laugh laugh.

it is raining out, and I stepped in a huge puddle, so my shoes are soaked.
My awesome raincoat kept my main-body dry, but my ##### were soaked through due to run-off from the coat..
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3302 on: September 04, 2008, 06:35:10 pm »

I hope I'm not the only one who has no idea what that means.

Between that and Ash's other post at the same time (the one with the elks ass and tater guts), I assumed he'd lost his mind and decided it would be rude to call attention to it.

I'm glad there's an explanation.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3303 on: September 05, 2008, 12:03:42 pm »

Thank you for your courtesy, Wombat.

Elks Ass - Elk generally stink. I have smelled them before seeing them in thick timber. They like to roll around in muck because it feels good on the skin. Elk are also big heavy boned beasts, so I was making a heavy/smelly reference.


Ok, but aren't you an Elk?
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3304 on: September 05, 2008, 12:39:19 pm »

I like to believe that Ash is a Mason in a funny hat. And I'm not even sure if the Masons are the ones who wear the funny hats. Don't spoil it for me with facts.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3305 on: September 06, 2008, 05:37:57 am »

get a call from a friend just after she had to euthanize her kitty because of a sudden emergency health problem.  It was a very traumatic situation, involving horrifying circumstances I don't' want to linger on.  This is the friend who introduced the SO and I to each other, and she loooooooves cats, and has self esteem problems where animals are her only deep bond.  When he gets home, I tell the SO this.  Moments later we both step outside to go pick-up some dinner to find a beautiful stray kitten (who we'd both admired from afar in the days before) sitting in the middle of our yard staring at us, like she was waiting for us.  The moment we both stepped onto the porch, the kitty went immediately into the standard stray-kitty-wants-to-be-your-kitty routine.  All desperate purrs, mews and cuddles, all petting her and feeling her tiny tiny spine sticking out and her concave belly.  The SO and I had the mind meld and he went inside to get our cat carrier, kitty wanted to go in the house but I held her.  SO came out with the carrier, and kitty went inside and cried and cried as we got in the car.  We drove over to our friend's place, only she had gone to the park to bury her dead cat, and we couldn't track her down again.  We knew she would want the kitty, but didn't have the energy or resources on hand to keep her.  Kitty was getting worn out from crying in the cat carrier.  Dropped the SO at the house and went to a near by park, opened the carrier, and stray kitty got out, but didn't leave my side even though I wasn't holding her at all.  Kitty was in love with me all over again.  SO came with water and a dish of wet cat food.  As kitty gobbled, we briskly, silently walked away , until I whispered/chanted "don't turn back, don't turn back."  After we turned the corner, we heard kitty's forlorn mews at realizing we were gone.  Not turning back was painful.  If fate brings kitty our way again, we'll try again.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 01:27:23 pm by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3306 on: September 06, 2008, 07:50:18 am »

Sideshow, what is the saddest thing?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3307 on: September 06, 2008, 07:04:18 pm »

Cats dieing is not a happy thing. I will leave some food in a bowl for the kitten that lives in my parking lot, in remembrance. (It is the cutest kitten, it is black with white feet and it crawls around our dorm looking for food scraps then scatters into the woods (Yes it is a stray kitten and not a rodent)).

Today I will do the normal saturday morning check to make sure I didnt do anything illegal or regrettable last night. Still no tattoos. I will then contemplate the cheapest method of getting food into my stomach. Chinese? Pizza? Microwavable pasta from walmart?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3308 on: September 07, 2008, 11:41:07 am »

... sit very quietly and recover from a busy weekend that involved getting my motorcycle license (by the skin of my teeth), getting accepted into med school (goodbye 9 to 5 work with paid holidays, hello again my old friend: student-style poverty) and a pretty decent 21st party that ended with me absconding in my underwear with an accidentally bleached bath mat.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3309 on: September 07, 2008, 02:00:43 pm »

WTF! How are you going to have time to post if you are in medical school! Just because your screen name is Doc is no excuse to get carried away. Next thing we know sideshow is going to join the circus and a-cap is going to grow six more legs.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3310 on: September 07, 2008, 06:45:00 pm »

Ramen, I went with Ramen. You just can. not. beat. that price.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3311 on: September 07, 2008, 08:02:06 pm »

Yesterday was my mom's 60th birthday. We went to a restaurant that was apparently hosting a wedding. Which meant we had to sit in the bar. The main effect was that the chef didn't have time to make any of the sauces, so everything came smothered in butter sauce. Luckily I didn't order the steak, since 90% of the reason I get the steak there is for their tasty bernaise.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3312 on: September 07, 2008, 08:41:41 pm »

Yesterday was my mom's 60th birthday. We went to a restaurant that was apparently hosting a wedding. Which meant we had to sit in the bar. The main effect was that the chef didn't have time to make any of the sauces, so everything came smothered in butter sauce. Luckily I didn't order the steak, since 90% of the reason I get the steak there is for their tasty bernaise.

I was about to say you are a rotten son and should have found a better place, but then I remembered what a pain your mom was about those songs for her class, and decided you were even.

Today I'm gonna... wonder where the hell the weekend went, mostly.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3313 on: September 07, 2008, 08:51:01 pm »

I was about to say you are a rotten son and should have found a better place, but then I remembered what a pain your mom was about those songs for her class, and decided you were even.

Today I'm gonna... wonder where the hell the weekend went, mostly.

Actually she picked the restaurant. We didn't pick another place because we'd already driven all the way to Hamilton, and it seemed silly to turn around and drive all the way back to civilization since it was already like 6:15 and out in the exurbs restaurants start to get 1.5 hour waits at like 5:30. People eat way early out there.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3314 on: September 07, 2008, 09:31:53 pm »

Actually she picked the restaurant. We didn't pick another place because we'd already driven all the way to Hamilton, and it seemed silly to turn around and drive all the way back to civilization since it was already like 6:15 and out in the exurbs restaurants start to get 1.5 hour waits at like 5:30. People eat way early out there.

Cort, you might be amused to know that for several months now, the inflight magazine of the airline I work for has listed Hamilton as a destination that we fly to. They show it located a little west of the Baltimore/National/Dulles cluster. I'm not sure why. I think someone got confused when told they needed to add Hamilton, Bermuda.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 878   Go Up