Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do not bone your neighbor's wife. That is hella lame.

Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1344171 times)

0 Members and 197 Guests are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3345 on: September 11, 2008, 06:04:47 pm »

OK, its apparently on today.  Stacey just got wheeled off and I'm putting on scrubs.  Pics to follow.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3346 on: September 11, 2008, 09:20:32 pm »

best of luck!

My brother totaled our brand-new car last night. he looked away from the road for a second, and BLAM, right into the rear of another car. He is pretty shaken up about it.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3347 on: September 11, 2008, 09:33:48 pm »

Follow-up: the call was about her thyroid medication, and that her levels are where they should be, so her prescription won't change. This announcement, while welcome based on the alternative, did cause Mrs. Haus to go off on the nurse for the office causing her to lose a night of sleep over it.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3348 on: September 12, 2008, 03:02:16 am »

Sidenote: Child making and parenting has its own special sub-set of terrors and horror. Buddy of mine was down Ensenada seeing extended family and vacationing. His 9 year old boy got carried off into the ocean by a rip tide. Two weeks later and they're still looking to recover the boy. Damn.

Oh jesus that's bad. My dad was a life guard back in the day so we did a lot of swimming and he taught us to spot rips and what to do if you got caught in one but if I close my eyes I can still remember exactly what it felt like to get caught in even a small rip and just watching the shore move without swimming. Just this terrible constant force that'll drag you out if you don't do something about it. I can't think of anything scarier than that.

OK, its apparently on today.  Stacey just got wheeled off and I'm putting on scrubs.  Pics to follow.

Woo! Happy times!
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3349 on: September 13, 2008, 05:46:12 am »

About 15 years ago my Dad and brother got caught in a rip tide.  They swam against it until they were exhausted, but couldn't make any headway back to shore.  Finally my nephew and his friend who are much younger, stronger and lighter noticed something was wrong and were able to swim out and push them back in to shore.

I'm glad I wasn't there because I probably would have swam out and got caught too.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3350 on: September 14, 2008, 05:38:55 am »

How'd the Boy's football game go?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3351 on: September 14, 2008, 04:15:02 pm »

Attend my wedding shower.  I'm so embarassed by people who've already done so much for us now giving us piles of gifts.  I know it's about the love, but I'm overwhelmed by the generosity of everyone. 

I do have a bet with the SO that we will be given at least one gift in total disregard of the registry that is very weird.  He disagrees with that.  We'll see.

Anyway, time to intensely groom for the event!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3352 on: September 14, 2008, 07:54:42 pm »

Unless you had a lot of embarrassing sexual stuff on your registry, victory is guaranteed.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3353 on: September 15, 2008, 04:23:14 am »

Oh man, I love my roommates (I am in the middle).
('dawg, this is the wig i continue to fail to upload pictures of to facebook)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3354 on: September 15, 2008, 06:07:06 am »

The one on your left looks a littttttttttttttle too comfortable in that wig.

Like, maybe when you're brushing your teeth, he's standing behind you in that wig and a pink poodleskirt, masturbating and muttering:

"I'm a pretty girl. I'm YOUR pretty girl..."
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3355 on: September 15, 2008, 06:23:12 am »

yeah, he's a creepy guy sometimes.

also kind of a dick sometimes. But he makes good food and feels bad when he realizes he's been a dick, and isn't that all you can really ask?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 07:01:00 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3356 on: September 15, 2008, 08:45:34 am »

Well, that's good.

If you ever let him be your pretty pretty girl, being a good cook is a plus.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3357 on: September 15, 2008, 09:37:47 am »

That actually looks weirdly appropriate, Dan is the rich valley girl the dude on his right is his straight laced friend and the dude on his left is the geeky hanger on. Also, Inev any chance of restless leg syndrome being podcasted? I'm intrigued but it plays during the exact time I'm travelling between work and home.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 01:59:24 pm by Doc »
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3358 on: September 15, 2008, 02:41:03 pm »

one day when it sucks less (lately I am out of practice and it has been really mediocre) I can send it to you maybe? We can't really podcast because of some sort of legal constraint due to copyrights... i don't really understand it, but apparently it has been Looked Into and we don't have the right license or something.

also, you are so right. And our other roommate dressed up as a hardcore greaser, so, perfect.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3359 on: September 16, 2008, 10:58:26 am »

one day when it sucks less (lately I am out of practice and it has been really mediocre) I can send it to you maybe?

That would be cool, I'll pm you my e-mail.

Ash, that is the creepiest thing I've seen recently and I saw an esky full of cow thymus yesterday. If I were a hunting type and I saw that in the middle of the night I'd give it a couple of rounds just for good measure.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 878   Go Up