Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Have you ever woken up to find phrases like "cryogenic baseball player" in your Google search field?

Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1341731 times)

0 Members and 211 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3360 on: September 16, 2008, 12:53:23 pm »

I want to decorate a tree like that!  Did it look homemade or bought, could you tell?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3361 on: September 16, 2008, 01:02:34 pm »

You can definitely buy them.  We got a set for our friends a couple of years ago.

Google is your friend.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3362 on: September 16, 2008, 02:08:51 pm »

Google is your friend only if you have the imagination to conceive of searching for 'tree face.' If not it is good to have friends who do.

Ooo! Glow in th dark!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3363 on: September 16, 2008, 05:42:31 pm »

Wombat - they sell those damn tree faces at Wal-Mart. 

Today I'm gonna notice that thing that's wrong with my eyelid has gotten worse.  Blinking shouldn't hurt, right?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3364 on: September 16, 2008, 06:29:31 pm »

Wombat - they sell those damn tree faces at Wal-Mart. 

Today I'm gonna notice that thing that's wrong with my eyelid has gotten worse.  Blinking shouldn't hurt, right?

Us city folks don't get to shop at Wal-Mart. But we do have trees!

And you're right, blinking should be your friend.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3365 on: September 16, 2008, 09:00:10 pm »

Dan, I saw the pic on facebook but it was posted by your friend so I couldn't comment. But if Ricki Lake would have lost the weight before Hairspray she would have looked exactly like that dude.

Which is scary.

Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3366 on: September 16, 2008, 09:05:55 pm »

Oh, and also, please ignore the cheesy selections from 'Godspell' now appearing on my tunes list. It seems that a local church is putting on a production of Godspell, and it appears that I have been cast in a major role as a charsimatic messianic figure of the early part of the first century AD. So I got that going for me.

Now if only

1) The USPS figures out that they did it wrong and pays me, that would be good. My family is kind of hungry and stuff. And we have bills. I finally went over all of their heads to fix it but it will probably take more time than we have in terms of bills and eating and gas and stuff.

2) The YMCA or the Cleveland Clinic calls me with a job offer in the next day or two

I'll be feeling a little better about life.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3367 on: September 16, 2008, 10:27:41 pm »

...try and get a lot of reading caught up without falling asleep too much. So far it has been an uphill battle, but I haven't publicly drooled on myself...yet.

I've gotta get more sleep at night.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3368 on: September 16, 2008, 11:08:10 pm »

I have been cast in a major role as a charsimatic messianic figure of the early part of the first century AD.

Pictures!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3369 on: September 17, 2008, 12:06:01 am »

Eat a Jaffa Cake. Apparently they feature an orange "squidgy bit."
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3370 on: September 17, 2008, 12:59:44 am »

I finally went over all of their heads to fix it

A-Dawg's connections to organised crime are finally revealed or does getting the lead in Godspell give you some serious connections to the Big Guy?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 02:27:33 am by Doc »
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3371 on: September 17, 2008, 02:19:08 am »

So far it has been an uphill battle, but I haven't publicly drooled on myself...yet.
Pictures!
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3372 on: September 17, 2008, 03:33:35 am »

...be prescribed an ointment that makes me just really, really horrible to look at.  I am more or less functional apart from slight blurring, but can I call in sick due to pride?  The oil/crust/eye gunk ratio is just off the chart.  If I were a stranger and saw me, I would probably shudder.  Damn.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3373 on: September 17, 2008, 04:27:26 am »

  The oil/crust/eye gunk ratio is just off the chart.  If I were a stranger and saw me, I would probably shudder.  Damn.
Can you wear an eye patch? Why are you not looking for an excuse to wear an eye patch.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3374 on: September 17, 2008, 05:16:30 am »

Isn't Talk Like a Pirate Day right around the corner?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 878   Go Up