Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Wife upset because I kept her up all night playing World of Snorecraft.

Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1341694 times)

0 Members and 211 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3405 on: September 25, 2008, 05:22:39 pm »

it is really really strange to me that this version of this song is stuck in my head.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3406 on: September 25, 2008, 06:49:29 pm »

Today, I'm gonna wonder why certain not-locked threads seem locked to me.

And weep like a baby with occasional fits of throwing things. This is what a Mets fan does in late September.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3407 on: September 25, 2008, 07:57:18 pm »

Funny.  I think Raiders fans have the same reaction.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3408 on: September 25, 2008, 08:22:02 pm »

And weep like a baby with occasional fits of throwing things. This is what a Mets fan does in late September.
It is so shitty that we have to finish up against florida while the phillies get to play the worst team in baseball.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3409 on: September 25, 2008, 09:22:54 pm »

It is so shitty that we have to finish up against florida while the phillies get to play the worst team in baseball.

You mean the worst (actually, second-worst, Seattle's a game behind) team in baseball that the Mets could only split a four-game set with earlier this month? 

Moo ha haaaaaa.

Regards,
Current Nationals fan, recovering (and relapsing) Phillies fan

Speaking of which, tonight I am NOT going to the last home game of the season at Nationals Park, on account of it is raining like a mofo out there.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3410 on: September 26, 2008, 01:15:36 am »

Today, I'm gonna wonder why certain not-locked threads seem locked to me.

If you're talking about threads in the forum that must not be named a few of us are having that problem. Some kooky side effect of enabling write club access and neither Jough or V are around to fix things at the moment.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3411 on: September 26, 2008, 01:37:01 am »

Yes, and I am inept. 

Sorry.  I have not been around much to work on it.  Try emailing Jough and asking him to clean up my mess?  I will keep looking into it but I really cannot figure out what the problem is, and why it only affects certain users. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3412 on: September 26, 2008, 02:12:26 am »

The idea, however, of calling the parts of this board that do not exist "Voldemort" is an intriguing one and would not have come up without these troubles.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3413 on: September 26, 2008, 02:52:46 am »

It would be a pretty kinky Voldemort though. Like bad slash fan fiction Voldemort.

I wouldn't sweat it JL, you've got slightly more important things to deal with. Like, anything else at all.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3414 on: September 26, 2008, 06:04:56 am »

Oh man, I got the highest score in the class on my psych exam last week.

This is so satisfying, maybe I will try out doing the Studying Thing I did for that class in my other classes. Which is, you know, that I study a bunch for my exam.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3415 on: September 26, 2008, 04:00:09 pm »

... get thoroughly confused. I get invited to a night out clubbing by a lady I am interested in. Early on in the evening she seems likewise interested, there is grinding and so on or whatever the kids are calling it, but halfway through the night this other dude turns up that it seems she has also invited and she ends up leaving with him. I had a good time with the other people there so I'm not exactly annoyed but I am confused as to whether I did something that put her off or if I just totally misread the situation. Maybe it will make more sense when I'm sober again.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3416 on: September 26, 2008, 04:17:40 pm »

I had a dream last night that william shatner was driving a Mustang drunk and mortally wounded me. naturally, i eventually checked touamb when i gained consciousness and there was a thread about how someone attacked william shatner.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3417 on: September 26, 2008, 07:12:04 pm »

Tonight I'm gonna get all snugly and comfortable under the blankets, lit some up and then watch maybe three episodes of Sir Kenneth Clark's "Civilisation" in a row. Because that's what you do on a hot Spring Friday night in Rio.


Fuck.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 08:00:20 pm by dejavroom »
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3418 on: September 27, 2008, 12:46:46 am »

That actually sounds pretty sweet.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3419 on: September 27, 2008, 01:01:26 am »

...try unsuccessfully to post a link to www.squirrelunder#####.com. I am so not amused anymore.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 878   Go Up