Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You might, rabbit

You might.

Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1344830 times)

0 Members and 127 Guests are viewing this topic.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3450 on: October 05, 2008, 12:51:21 pm »

This weekend was the perfect storm of young alumni, rugby, construction equipment, legal documentation, and copious alcohol consumption.
Why did they leave the keys in the bulldozer?

Best opening to a short story ever.

Quote
After a meeting Friday, we started forming articles of incorporation. Then I bought a blackberry, can't wait to get it in the mail.
The future is looking better and better every day.

If played right, this could then be a good ending for said short story.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3451 on: October 05, 2008, 01:59:13 pm »

Sadly there was no camera.

How can this be? No one had a cell phone camera? I thought this was the one way you could count on the youth of today!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3452 on: October 05, 2008, 06:40:55 pm »

SNL's debate skit has an establishing shot of my favorite building on campus. cool.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3453 on: October 05, 2008, 08:24:42 pm »

The Wombat desires pictures of rugby players so drunk that they're willing to admit why they like being in piles of sweaty men.

The Wombat can share these desires with us, without embarrassment, because we are all imaginary.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3454 on: October 05, 2008, 10:51:25 pm »

You miss the most important point. It's the drunk sweaty men stealing the bulldozer.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3455 on: October 05, 2008, 10:59:49 pm »

Yeah, I mean if she wants pictures of drunk collegiates just existing, she can type in the myspace URL and just throw some random letters after it and have a better than 40% shot at finding something.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3456 on: October 07, 2008, 04:05:32 am »

Can anyone decode this?

Oct 6, 2008     
9:02 PM    Left FedEx origin facility   WEST CHESTER, PA     
8:23 PM    Departed FedEx location      NEWARK, NJ     
6:00 AM    Picked up      WEST CHESTER, PA     
3:14 AM    Package data transmitted to FedEx      

Did my phone go from PA to NJ then back to PA? huh?
      
   
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3457 on: October 07, 2008, 05:34:22 am »

Got my modem fixed.  After about 3 months of shitty internet service I realized hey, it might be the modem.  it was.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3458 on: October 07, 2008, 06:03:33 am »

Can anyone decode this?

Oct 6, 2008     
9:02 PM    Left FedEx origin facility   WEST CHESTER, PA     
8:23 PM    Departed FedEx location      NEWARK, NJ     
6:00 AM    Picked up      WEST CHESTER, PA     
3:14 AM    Package data transmitted to FedEx      

Did my phone go from PA to NJ then back to PA? huh?

damn, thats awesome.

In a related story, I started work today for the first time in two months, but I just ordered a shit load of stuff online that will probably becoming tomorrow. 

So yeah, what do you do when you can't be home for stuff?  Can I pick it up on the weekend?  IDK, i'm sure this has happened to someone, what do I do?  Should I just be home (I can just not sign up to work, say, Wednesday, until next week and no one will care if I only work four days this week.)

Edit:  I live in a major city if it makes a difference.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3459 on: October 07, 2008, 06:18:22 am »

watch an internationally reknowned scientist, philosopher and raconteur be utterly flummoxed by a coworker.  I'm at a great retreat, put on courtesy of my company for the R&D group, and the guest speaker tonight was Dr. Spencer Wells, of The Genographic Project fame.  During a Q&A session after his presentation, one of my colleagues, with a thick slavic accent asked what the speaker thought the possession of a baculum by Australian Aboriginal people1 meant to the "Out of Africa" hypothesis.  After a couple, increasingly incredulous attempts at decoding the questioner's intent, the good doctor stood there for a couple, agonised seconds before I rescued him with a question about mitochondrial DNA genotype frequencies. 


1This is utter bunkum.  I have no idea what my colleague was talking about, and you can be sure he's going to get the ribbing of a lifetime over the next few weeks.  No modern human has a c*ck bone.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3460 on: October 07, 2008, 01:05:59 pm »

A-CAP, huh, I've seen tracking that looks like that many times when the package was crossing time-zones, but never just between PA and NJ.

Keith, FedEx/UPS no longer require signatures for residential deliveries unless the shipper pays extra. So unless you ordered like a computer or booze or something the package will just be left at your door.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3461 on: October 07, 2008, 05:24:21 pm »


Oct 7, 2008     
9:09 AM    Departed FedEx location      NEWARK, NJ

Oct 6, 2008     
9:02 PM    Left FedEx origin facility   WEST CHESTER, PA     
8:23 PM    Departed FedEx location      NEWARK, NJ     
6:00 AM    Picked up      WEST CHESTER, PA     
3:14 AM    Package data transmitted to FedEx      

The plot thickens.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3462 on: October 07, 2008, 05:29:50 pm »

Your package is, in fact, in two places at once.  Perhaps next week you will invent a time machine, and send your package back in time to be delivered again.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3463 on: October 07, 2008, 06:41:16 pm »

Oct 6, 2008     
9:02 PM    Left FedEx origin facility   WEST CHESTER, PA     
8:23 PM    Departed FedEx location      NEWARK, NJ     

Am I reading this right? These times are on the same day? Because according to Google maps, these two locations are two hours apart.

I discovered this in the course of destroying my beautiful theory, that these two towns bordered each other and the warehouse overlapped the border and had two doors, each exiting in different towns. In retrospect I could have destroyed this theory with a second's thought without Google, because I am well aware that Newark is not even near the Pennsylvania border.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3464 on: October 07, 2008, 09:35:12 pm »

I like The Mayor's explanation best but my first thought was a couple of guys playing hot potato with each other as the pass on the highway, opposite directions, high speeds.

You've gotta get your kicks where you can when you drive for FedEx.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 878   Go Up