Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood My bicycle is parked in the living room. A tub of tartar sauce sits open on the counter. Truly, the evidence of a wife being away too long.

Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1347568 times)

0 Members and 176 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3495 on: October 11, 2008, 06:49:53 pm »

oh, no, I did not explain that correctly.

my roommate was telling this girl, who drunkenly tried to smooch me, that we agreed she needs to be more of a drunken slut.

Which... I am not OK with for a lot of reasons, the least of which being that I never said anything even close to that.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3496 on: October 12, 2008, 08:08:23 pm »

I just found out I have a savings bond that matures next October. Now I just have to remember to cash the damn thing a year from now.

I have another that doesn't mature until I'm 41 that I did already know about.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3497 on: October 13, 2008, 01:02:55 am »

I cashed out all of mine to go on a road trip waaay before they matured.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3498 on: October 13, 2008, 01:15:33 am »

I just found out I have a savings bond that matures next October. Now I just have to remember to cash the damn thing a year from now.

I have another that doesn't mature until I'm 41 that I did already know about.
government bonds have been returning 'negative real interest rates' for awhile. When considering inflation, the return is actually negative. You are essentially paying the government a fee to hold on to your money.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3499 on: October 13, 2008, 02:53:46 am »

government bonds have been returning 'negative real interest rates' for awhile. When considering inflation, the return is actually negative. You are essentially paying the government a fee to hold on to your money.

I thought the older ones had a minimum interest rate that was actually fairly high, like 7.5%. But mine is probably one of the crappy ones. I just found out about it, as it was a present from when I was born and mom my just found it in her fire safe. I have another from 1991. Should I just cash out both?
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3500 on: October 13, 2008, 05:30:15 pm »

Dude, free money. Put it in your mattress.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3501 on: October 13, 2008, 07:36:30 pm »

Buy a couple tins of ammo.  And some Clif bars for when the food riots start.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3502 on: October 15, 2008, 04:13:04 am »

Hello? *peers in through streaked glass, hands cupped along sides of face* Anybody home?

Today I'm gonna write a check for a car, procrastinate on a paper and marvel that I am the first poster in this thread since yesterday.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3503 on: October 15, 2008, 06:10:45 am »

...going to watch a taping of Jeopardy. Those bastards won't let me be on the show, so at least I can watch them film the show. You might see me on the tee vee December 4th or 5th.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3504 on: October 15, 2008, 02:38:21 pm »

You'll have to let us know if the host-contestant banter is as awkward in person as it is on tv. Also, what does Alex talk to the contestants about during the credits? Inquiring minds.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3505 on: October 15, 2008, 04:33:19 pm »

I finally signed up for Facebook just to get the SO off my back about it. This had better not be as lame as SixDegrees was 10 years ago.

And regarding Jeopardy!: http://joshreads.com/?page_id=1650
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3506 on: October 15, 2008, 04:40:27 pm »

Today I'm gonna write a check for a car, procrastinate on a paper and marvel that I am the first poster in this thread since yesterday.
We're all soapboxing and pontificating in the Pain Child thread.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3507 on: October 15, 2008, 04:46:52 pm »

Today I'm gonna spend most of the morning talking to people at Disney World about turkeys.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3508 on: October 15, 2008, 05:02:47 pm »

Today I'm gonna spend most of the morning talking to people at Disney World about turkeys.

And wombat wins the thread
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3509 on: October 15, 2008, 05:45:08 pm »

You'll have to let us know if the host-contestant banter is as awkward in person as it is on tv. Also, what does Alex talk to the contestants about during the credits? Inquiring minds.

Paging Mr. West, Mr. AugustWest.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 878   Go Up