Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I shouldn't have to tell people not to hit me on the head nearly so often as I do.

Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348551 times)

0 Members and 214 Guests are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3525 on: October 17, 2008, 12:50:24 pm »

They must have a slightly different name because if you say "mammo phantom" to a tech or radiologist they're going to picture one of these: http://www.gammex.com/n-portfolio/detail.asp?id=238&category=Mammography&name=Gammex+156D+Digital+Mammography+Phantom
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3526 on: October 17, 2008, 04:03:41 pm »

Quote from: wombat
...interview a guy about a yogurt shop.

This would be the awesomest code phrase for "going to the doctor to have my yeast infection treated" ever.

You know, like, when a dude has to piss and he says "I gotta see about a hoss"?

Yeah. Same deal.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3527 on: October 17, 2008, 06:31:54 pm »

The box of tits was just part of someone's halloween costume.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3528 on: October 17, 2008, 10:13:34 pm »

Not want to go to a bar, but have to get dressed up and go to a bar anyway.  Damn.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3529 on: October 18, 2008, 09:11:28 pm »

Go to this.
this.

It was pretty insane. The metro was like pictures i've seen of tokyo subway cars.

I walked about 5 miles because I figured the metro would be really crowded for a while... then I got lunch...
when I went to get on the metro probably an hour and a half later, it was still so crowded I couldn't get on.

it was nuts.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3530 on: October 18, 2008, 09:44:07 pm »

That was very eloquent.  I wonder if 100k are showing up to any of McCain's rallies.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3531 on: October 19, 2008, 12:19:30 am »

my mom sent me pictures my grandpa scanned in from the 50's and 60's... there's one of my grandparents when they were dating.

I look so incredibly like my grandfather. Oh man. He is so skinny looking.
 It's good to know that the awkward skinniness is inherited. And that he still managed to date my grandma, who was very cute back in the day.


also it's weird to see a picture of my mom's family that has all the characteristics of "this is your grandpa back in the old country." Which, I guess, is literally what it is. Weird, out of focus black and white picture, weird clothes, etc.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3532 on: October 19, 2008, 04:34:21 am »

See the movie "W." with my girlfriend. It was okay, the audience seemed to get some good chuckles at bushism quotes and "thats ironic, because hes actually going to really mess this up" kind of stuff. It was more a psychological film, I think, exploring the dynamic between Bush father and  Bush son. ('It took 200 years to make the Bush name and you've ruined it in 4')
Right now Im watching Network, the movie from the late 70s, good stuff.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 05:09:13 am by Arachno-capitalist »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3533 on: October 19, 2008, 05:34:27 am »

network is unbelievably good.

my friends who saw W said it was really uninspired. Just a bunch of liberal actors trying to one-up each other with their impressions of clueless conservatives.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 08:16:28 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3534 on: October 19, 2008, 11:31:51 am »

Meh, I couldn't finish network.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3535 on: October 19, 2008, 01:10:46 pm »

Meh, I couldn't finish network.

Couldn't take any more?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3536 on: October 19, 2008, 04:09:03 pm »

I actually didn't finish it either. I ended up watching Rogue Trader, about Nick Leeson who singlehandedly broke the oldest merchant bank in the world, Barings Bank, Bank to HRH, by betting on the Nikkei in the 90s.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3537 on: October 19, 2008, 04:57:45 pm »

Couldn't take any more?


I'm mad as hell, but I'm giving you a can anyway.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3538 on: October 19, 2008, 09:46:31 pm »

it's always fun finding out you have a 50% average in one of your classes as of the midterm.

oops.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3539 on: October 19, 2008, 09:54:34 pm »

No matter how well or how poorly you did in college, it will be amazingly funny that you cared about grades at all in a couple of years.

This is a law.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 878   Go Up