Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I got mad about Robert Fripp's "music" again. I need to go to bed.

Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349118 times)

0 Members and 201 Guests are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3585 on: October 23, 2008, 06:03:16 pm »

Ruining the whole thing is better than crippling yourself with years of imagined smooches that can never happen!

Success or failure, may it be spectacular!
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3586 on: October 23, 2008, 06:07:02 pm »

Today I'm gonna... be on the brink of being hired for a job that will quadruple my salary!  The woman in HR for the company is writing a letter of recommendation for me which will be included with the info the hiring committee gets on all the applicants.  Hell yeah.
I support the Side_Show Bailout Program.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3587 on: October 23, 2008, 06:13:02 pm »

Heh.  Considering the plummeting value of the dollar, I am guessing I will need to make quadruple my salary just to continue living the glamorous life of a thrift store shopper.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3588 on: October 23, 2008, 06:39:36 pm »

Heh.  Considering the plummeting value of the dollar...
You are living in the past, lady. The dollar has been roaring back. From Euro highs of 1.60 euros to the dollar early this summer, it is now around 1.28 euros to dollar. The dollar is also now worth $1.20Candadian where just a couple months ago it was almost the other way around.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3589 on: October 23, 2008, 07:28:32 pm »

Hopefully I will get to the point soon where I realize "hey, the worst case scenario is that i see a lot of cool bands for free."
But right now I am feeling kind of tense about it.

You going to CMJ?

I did that.  In 1991. 

Yeah, I'm old.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3590 on: October 23, 2008, 08:39:18 pm »

I think she was referring to the Canadian dollar plunge.

But I don't track canuckian currency. Your statement on the Canadian/American dollar value makes me think this though.

Yes, it is the Canadian dollar I talk of, and a Canadian wage I'll be earning.  The loonie has taken major plunges over the past month and it's below 80 cents to the American dollar today, which is a four year low.

Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3591 on: October 24, 2008, 01:05:41 am »

Heh.  Considering the plummeting value of the dollar, I am guessing I will need to make quadruple my salary just to continue living the glamorous life of a thrift store shopper.

A life only slightly less glamorous than that of a dumspter diver.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3592 on: October 24, 2008, 03:06:41 am »

Yeah, the Canadian dollar has been biting it recently.
Today Ill have the first official conference call of my new partnership. Two clients and counting.
Then I checked out the new site design of hsx.com. anyone else do this game? Holy cow does the new site design burn my eyes.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3593 on: October 24, 2008, 12:45:52 pm »

The market will crash this morning in a historic way. Dow morning futures hit the "circuit breakers" put in place to prevent the next great depression. This will be fun.

(11am edit: the 8200 support level held this morning, thats good).
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 02:53:38 pm by Arachno-capitalist »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3594 on: October 24, 2008, 02:23:50 pm »

"Stocks headed for a bloodbath" - CNN Money

At this point in my life, I'm kind of glad I don't really have anything as far as the stock market goes. I will be entering the workplace next summer, though, at which point I will start investing.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3595 on: October 24, 2008, 03:32:10 pm »

MacDonald's Monopoly tabs are the new investment plan, my brother.

Just about as good as chance to make money as you got from speculating stocks... but even if you don't, at least you got a fuck*ng egg sandwich outta the deal.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3596 on: October 24, 2008, 05:45:14 pm »

I do like egg sandwiches...
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3597 on: October 24, 2008, 07:42:10 pm »

...find myself working on a story where I have to consider whether I ought to call the mayor's office for comment.

How did I get roped into this? I write dopey little pet articles, dammit.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3598 on: October 25, 2008, 02:08:41 am »

...listen to this song over and over.

And finally bite the bullet and cash in four days of vacation for the last two days of next week and the first two days of the following week.
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3599 on: October 25, 2008, 05:30:05 pm »

...go buy some new ties.  I got a lot of ties, but only one slimline one.  It has become my favorite tie.  So I got to renew my collection with some new slim ties.
Logged
ACHIEVE
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 878   Go Up