Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I haven't had a haircut since July. I'm hoping to, "wait it out."

Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1347318 times)

0 Members and 177 Guests are viewing this topic.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3690 on: November 11, 2008, 08:02:05 pm »

Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3691 on: November 11, 2008, 08:06:37 pm »

I should like to discuss the college radio biz further, but I'm thinkin' it should go in a new topic.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 08:19:10 pm by carlosdelvaca »
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3692 on: November 12, 2008, 01:45:26 am »

My Granddad was an engineer on a ship that got torpedoed during WW2, he was up on deck at the time so he was ok but a lot of his friends were in there when it hit. One of the more traumatic stories that he told my mother that got passed onto me after he died was how they filled part of the hull with cement to stop it it sinking (which sounds kind of odd now that I say it out loud) and then once they got back to port chipping it away to retrieve the bodies that were still down there and were now encased in the cement. Retrieving wedding rings etc.

I don't know what my other grandfather did. My dad managed to not get drafted for 'nam but a couple of his friends did.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3693 on: November 12, 2008, 04:18:11 pm »

My grandfather was in the 2nd Mechanized Infantry in WWII.  He spoke of it very proudly.  "Hell on Wheels," they were called.  He was actually a behind-the-lines admin type though, wasn't actually out there driving a tank.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3694 on: November 12, 2008, 04:58:18 pm »

"Mechanized Infantry" always makes me imagine an army of Robbie-the-*****s.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3695 on: November 12, 2008, 11:30:19 pm »

So, just now I calculated what my actual grade is in the class I thought I was flunking. turns out I am on a rapid rise from C+ to B-, due to acing 4 of the last 5 weekly quizzes.

Man, I am acing the shit out of my classes this semester. And next semester's classes are looking pretty fun, except that I probably won't get to take this cool Economic Anthropology class because it conflicts with a class I need to take to graduate. LAME.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3696 on: November 13, 2008, 12:12:21 am »

Graduating is completely lame. That's why I'm currently on the 4 5 6 year plan.

At this point I just need to find an obscure learning disability on which to pin this thing. It would probably be better for my self-esteem, and isn't that what education is all about these days?
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3697 on: November 13, 2008, 12:16:30 am »

I am discovering that multiple of my friends have parents who are apparently from an alternate universe. "Oh, sure honey, it's fine if you drop two classes this semester. It is totally cool with us if you are not considered a full time student anymore. You just spend the rest of this semester taking 3 classes and screwing around, we're sure it will work out."

My favorite, though, is the kid who was about to graduate, but dropped a class to "keep his GPA up." Now he has to stay another semester. This school costs HOW many thousand dollars a year? Jeez. He doesn't understand why we think that this is nuts.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3698 on: November 13, 2008, 02:04:23 am »

Since my parents aren't paying for anything, they aren't too put out when they find out that I'm still not done. I mean, they shake their heads and everything, but that's what they're supposed to do.

But yeah, at this point I'd definitely take a C just to get out of here. Another whole semester just ain't worth it.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3699 on: November 14, 2008, 09:12:33 pm »

supposed to go to the symphony, but apparently none of my nice clothes match.
i have all these nice collared shirts, and nice sweaters, but my only nice ****** are black with pinstripes. How has this happened? Nothing matches black with pinstripes.

Lately everything I do ends in a situation which is very... "college."
In a way that  is pleasant and also horrible.

also: we have a president who has pledged to post weekly youtube video addresses.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 08:58:38 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3700 on: November 16, 2008, 12:47:08 am »

everything matches black with pinstripes. throw on a white shirt and a sweater in a primary color and you're set. also black chuck low-tops will complete the look.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3701 on: November 16, 2008, 01:00:47 am »

that is the issue, all of my nice shirts have like... stripes and stuff. And all of my sweaters clashed with the ******.
I ended up wearing a white shirt with a pattern of little green things on it. It looked OK except that I had a brown belt. Apparently I left my black belt in Charlotte.
And i wore my paint-splattered sambas, they were the least classy element. But it was all fixed by wearing my classy black peacoat.
Also, seeing Rite of Spring live was so amazing. What a fantastic piece.


This just in: playing the drum part to "wipeout," even badly, even slightly too slow, is SO DAMN SATISFYING. YEAH! ROCK AND ROLL!

the other main issue with my life:
girls want to break up with their boyfriends and use making out with me as their excuse. NOT SO FAST, MISSY!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 02:14:20 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3702 on: November 16, 2008, 10:52:53 am »

everything matches black with pinstripes. throw on a white shirt and a sweater in a primary color and you're set. also black chuck low-tops will complete the look.

Man leave out the pinstripes and this is how I dress.  So easy, yet you don't look like a piece of shit.  It is amazing!
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3703 on: November 17, 2008, 12:00:46 am »

... they were the least classy element. But it was all fixed by wearing my classy black peacoat.
Linking to this before A-CAP does
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3704 on: November 17, 2008, 12:07:58 am »

that site bugs me a lot, if only because it should be called something more like "stuff really well-educated, urban white people like."

I mean, I am also sensitive about stupid things and can admit it.

but also, it is funny to me that this site is capitalizing on the fact that the thing "white people" like the most is acting like it is clever to make fun of themselves through bizarre stereotypes.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 12:11:53 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 878   Go Up