Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Wife upset because I kept her up all night playing World of Snorecraft.

Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1347864 times)

0 Members and 202 Guests are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3720 on: November 17, 2008, 08:39:08 am »

the consensus in my house is that we wish this guy were less of a really nice guy who she has slowly drifted apart from.
Ech, that makes it suck. So much better if they're just a douchebag.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3721 on: November 17, 2008, 08:50:13 am »

oh man, so much MORE than just not a douchebag.
we're talking like, he is going to state school and living at home and is busy on weekends working to pay for college, while I have plenty of free time to hang around with his girlfriend at fancy-****** private school.

...I mean, also they have been together since high school, and sometimes people just drift apart and blah blah blah make myself feel better.

well anyway, this is not about Today I'm Gonna, so. I will update when it is over with.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 09:05:15 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3722 on: November 17, 2008, 09:05:39 am »

So you're basically a heartless monster is what you're getting at?

If this were a movie you'd be the private school dickwad who tried to seduce the poor main character's girl but was revealed as a douchebag just in time for her to come to her senses and realised that she loved the main character all along.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3723 on: November 17, 2008, 07:28:09 pm »

... keep trying to remember, when I want to complain about how frickin' COLD it is out, to be thankful that we have a cold season and not a 'fire season.'  California people, I know you are not too experienced with the whole 'seasons' thing, but that is a really bad idea for one.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3724 on: November 17, 2008, 09:16:00 pm »

Quote
California people, I know you are not too experienced with the whole 'seasons' thing, but that is a really bad idea for one.

Man, these west coast people. Some things are good the traditional way, you know?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3725 on: November 17, 2008, 09:26:38 pm »

Do people in California just accept the fact of life that the entire state bursts into flames a couple dozen times a year and once in awhile the earth itself will move beneath them? Chance of snow here tonight, and chance of snow in november at the global warming protest in DC, too.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3726 on: November 18, 2008, 02:54:25 am »

I deal with the fires by living so deep in civilization that there is just too much asphalt for it all to jump. Say what you will about Van Nuys but if it got so bad that the fires could get to me, I wouldn't have to worry about it. There would just be no more LA anymore if it got this far. Though... working in San Gabriel and Rosemead Saturday, holy shit, the Corona smokes were somehow being channelled directly up into the San Gabe Valley and directly down my throat.

Migrane for a day and a half. A small compliant compared to losing a home but... still. Holy crap.

My thought on the local burnination is the realization that... like... the cheapest and most effective way for a terrorist attack to cripple the second largest city in America would be twenty or thirty guys with a gas can each, a little meteorological knowledge and the time to plan and coordinate. No suitcase nukes, no getting a ceramic knife into a plane in your ass... just a handful of disgruntled guys and someone to think it through enough for maximum chaos.

I mean, isn't half the reason the OC fires got so bad was that all the mutual aid was already tied up in Santa Barbara and Sylmar?

It's a freaky thought.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3727 on: November 18, 2008, 03:34:13 am »

...never get to sleep last night after my eighth anniversary dinner out and as a result stumble through the whole day basically keeping myself awake through sheer willpower

good lord i can't wait for a reasonable hour for bedtime this evening
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3728 on: November 18, 2008, 03:50:53 am »

I got a flickr message asking if they can use a picture I took in a book?
I have this weird feeling like it is some kind of trick.

Also, a girl from oregon sent me an email about liking my radio show.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 03:53:54 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3729 on: November 18, 2008, 03:57:51 am »

I got a flickr message asking if they can use a picture I took in a book?
I have this weird feeling like it is some kind of trick.
You are correct.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3730 on: November 18, 2008, 04:53:39 am »

is it you?

you asshole. You are tricking me right now, huh?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3731 on: November 18, 2008, 05:44:38 am »

I got a flickr message asking if they can use a picture I took in a book?

I have this weird feeling like it is some kind of trick.

Maybe Not
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3732 on: November 18, 2008, 05:34:41 pm »

Quote from:  my online registration form
You are a level 6 student in Arts and Sciences - undergraduate.

I think video games have finally penetrated TOO far into our culture.

update: it looks like being level 6 means that you get an extra feat (I chose "no class before 11:30!") but lose the ability to gain points in a desired skill (Spanish only meets at the same time as important anthro classes.)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 06:07:50 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3733 on: November 18, 2008, 06:46:50 pm »

I think video games have finally penetrated TOO far into our culture.

update: it looks like being level 6 means that you get an extra feat (I chose "no class before 11:30!") but lose the ability to gain points in a desired skill (Spanish only meets at the same time as important anthro classes.)
I am just a couple XPs from Level 10 student in Economics. I gained: Classes threes days a week and only after 9.30. Lost: GPA Necromancer
Id also like to say: rоbots love hоrse pеnis and vаgina pаnts at nуu.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 09:09:56 pm by Arachno-capitalist »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3734 on: November 18, 2008, 07:30:35 pm »

Weiner dogs! Weiner dogs!

Today I'm going to submit holiday shopping guide articles to two different editors and then try really hard to forget about Christmas till after Thanksgiving, because bah humbug, I am tired of it already. I mean, this year they put up the Christmas stuff around here at the same time that they took down the Halloween stuff. I guess it's less trouble to only have to get the ladders out of storage once but, seriously. It just ruins the whole thing.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 878   Go Up