Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood New Roast Beef band name: THE DATA-TONES

Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349458 times)

0 Members and 161 Guests are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3735 on: November 18, 2008, 07:46:13 pm »

I am just a couple XPs from Level 10 student in Economics. I gained: Classes threes days a week and only after 9.30. Lost: GPA Necromancer
Id also like to say: гоbots love hоrse pеnis and vаgina pаnts at nуu.

The hell? I'm baffled.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3736 on: November 18, 2008, 08:00:49 pm »

wtf.

Cut and pasted out of A-Cap's message:
 гоbots love hоrse pеnis and vаgina pаnts at nуu

I don't see any of the usual tricks in it when I look at it with the edit function.

Freshly typed by me:
*****s love hoss c*ck etc
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3737 on: November 18, 2008, 09:00:02 pm »

He's using non-english characters and what not. Look closely at the R in *****s. It's actually a capital Gamma
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3738 on: November 18, 2008, 09:10:29 pm »

rоbots
or гobots?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3739 on: November 18, 2008, 09:52:18 pm »

Someone's clearly got too much time on his hands... but hey, what better use of it than amusing us?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3740 on: November 19, 2008, 01:15:06 am »

I have such a big boner for my next-semester classes.
primate biology? syntax? economic anthropology? archaeology of central america?
YEAH!
YEAH!

In other news, it is chilly here.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3741 on: November 19, 2008, 10:48:16 am »

I think video games have finally penetrated TOO far into our culture.

I hope it was a good idea to take a prestige class. I get a tonne of new abilities but you have to take a bunch of quests first so I'm not going to be able to grind for loot for ages.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 11:36:14 pm by Doc »
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3742 on: November 19, 2008, 11:06:56 am »

Just make sure you've got enough gold for your epic mount at 60, or else it's gonna really suck when you get there and have to grind it all out in noob areas.

Also: Today I'm going to say up until 3 AM because I found out about a new MST3K box set and then Amazon's "Add anything from any site to your wish list" button.

Good thing I've already used up this year's PTO on Thanksgiving and Christmas extensions!  I'd hate to be able to call in and go to work late.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3743 on: November 19, 2008, 04:00:26 pm »

creepiest thing ive seen today: http://www.uberguy.com/videosview.php?vi_id=110
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3744 on: November 20, 2008, 02:28:13 am »

creepiest thing ive seen today: http://www.uberguy.com/videosview.php?vi_id=110

Or ever. But it's going on my Christmas wish list.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 03:39:30 am by miles »
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3745 on: November 20, 2008, 02:57:04 am »

Amazon's "Add anything from any site to your wish list" button.
Huh, that's neat. I now have some beer on my wishlist.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3746 on: November 20, 2008, 11:11:50 pm »

First of all, your service is laudable and commended...

But I gotta stand against the misconception that "the government makes people" do things through taxation to help people.

If we toss aside this kind of spent cynical idea of government as something that shouldn't work and so we should do everything to make it not work and... embrace the idea that government can be used as a grand economy of scale to pool our service and really make it effective on a maximum level... we can really do so much good.

There's 30,000 people... we'll say... busting their asses to help a certain thing in a certain way as you're doing, Dan.

And then again, there's America as a society agreeing that we're all in this together and taking a dime from every person a year to do that thing, 300 million of us.

And then again again, there's putting that thirty million in resources in conjunction with 30,000 people like you busting your ass to do good...

And that's a society helping itself and building itself, you know?

We are better for people like you giving of their time but we'd be even better still without false dicotomies like "I'm doing this/the government makes me do this" complicating our ability to do good on massive scales.

Y'know?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3747 on: November 21, 2008, 12:24:20 am »

Hey, no question that there is a leap of faith involved somewhere in there.

But I certainly feel better about it when a regime of reasoned idealists and technocrats come in and a regime of cynical self-interested businessmen go out.

I think that part of the secret of government is that... if the people involved believe that it can do good things in good ways, it can work that way.

And when the people in power really kind of don't believe that it works, what are they going to do with government other than steal what they can and tear down a thing they don't believe in anyway?

We live in a shared society, I hold no grudge that I get police services and roads and public programs that stablize the society I'm in by battling poverty and so on and the rub is that a piece of my check goes in for that.

Take, yeah, and give too. We aren't islands, I guess is what I'm saying, and... there's something to be said for accepting that there's things no one person can do and we have to work together in ways that aren't always pleasant in the short term, like taxation and so forth, but in the long term are the reason why we're not all in ditches shoving berries up our noses.

The idea of the individual living outside of the obligations of a shared social structure... there's no examples of that actually working throughout the history of humanity or even primates. We were hunting and gathering in packs before we could even be called homosapiens, y'know?

Again, though, this is no slight on your charity. Christ knows, my personal situation currently only allows me a fraction of that kind of contribution right now.

I'm just saying... I think that we've got some preconceived notions about what the difference between government's "role" is and the individual's "role" is in such matters that... are disproven in just about every other industrialized society and are holding us back in a lot of ways.

We're the government, the government is us, the money "taken" from us is... should be, anyway... given back to us, used directly and indirectly in ways that are quite easily ignored or explained way when we're just looking at our paystubs and seeing what was "taken". What's been given back is basically a lack of anarchy and a general peace and all sorts of neat shit. It has worked that way, continues to work most of the time and could work even better if we weren't being so willfullly cynical about such matters.

In my opinion, anyway.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3748 on: November 21, 2008, 08:03:30 am »

I was inspired by Obama's rhetoric, I must admit. But smets, I can't take your pie-eyed view. Call me overcynical, sure, but I don't trust most of these guys that serve "honorably" for ages because some of them (a good deal of them, lately) are convicted of major crimes. Seven felonies, Ted Stevens? Seriously? Duke Cunningham, way to be. &c.

But ash, most people aren't as giving as you. Or at least, most people are more selgiraffe than you. You are to be commended, and I commend you. However, to provide a counterpoint to my statement above, that's why taxes exist. Government should exist to bridge the gap between the selgiraffeness of wage-earners and the need of the poor, and to secure the rights of all members of the citizenry to self-governance. That's how I boil it down, at least. Gov't should fulfill responsibilities people won't or can't on their own.

My missus and I don't gift each other or family or friends at Christmas. We adopt a local family in need and we don't buy a crackwhore a palm pilot. We tell family and friends that want to gift us to donate instead to the red cross or the charity of their choice in their own name. We have plenty of opportunity to gift each other and our family and friends throughout the year. The glut of consumerism focused on mister red suit and sack boggles us, and we refuse to support it. Giving isn't about getting the best price on a mattress pad at linens and beyond, it's about helping people who can't.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3749 on: November 21, 2008, 08:15:08 pm »

Today I'm gonna go to a job interview for the job I wont most, the one that will change my life.  Wish me luck.

Also, canned Ash. 

Also, when someone calls you a good man, your impulse should be to immediately confess the most un-good thing you've most recently done. 

"You're a good man."

"Actually, I just pulled out a hardened snot crust when no one was looking and stuck it under your desk."

"You're a good man." 

"Actually, I was just staring at that ugly zit on your forehead and didn't hear any other part of the conversation." 

"You're a good man."

"You're right, and to reward myself, I'm going to take a look at the kind of debased porno I usually avoid because I know it's just the worst most debased shit ever."

Etc.

Or you could just learn to take a compliment.  Whatev.

Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 878   Go Up