Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

“Do what you love and the money will follow,” as they say, but I would add, “...but don’t do ONLY what you love until it generates adequate cash flow.” -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348787 times)

0 Members and 219 Guests are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3765 on: November 23, 2008, 01:02:27 am »

Where is this add anything option, i am looking at my list right now and don't see a way to add something from another site.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200264210&qid=1227402130&sr=1-2
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3766 on: November 23, 2008, 01:21:11 am »

I am baking and listening to a recording of Bob Dylan singing with Johnny Cash. He is not doing his normal dylan voice, he sounds more like Jimmie Rodgers. It is pretty good.

Man, I just want to learn to play old-time folk songs real well. These guys I know are in a band where they do that, and it is just the most satisfying thing to hear. Of course I cannot find any tracks of theirs online other than their  myspace page.

Recently I saw them play, and came incredibly close to decking this kid who was really loudly talking about how they are just ripping off Devendra Banhardt.
The dang guitarist is up there playing this incredibly emotional slide-guitar song, slide-guitar because he cut the end of one of his fingers off a few weeks ago, and this dickbag is bad-mouthing them really loudly... oof.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3768 on: November 23, 2008, 04:32:52 pm »

I just wish Amazon's universal wish lister would let you categorize the items you add with it. Because if I had a book from another site, then use the Books filter, that book doesn't appear because Amazon doesn't actually "know" what it is.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3769 on: November 23, 2008, 06:20:39 pm »

Somewhat unrelated, but since it happens again next week: Stephen Fry visits the Auburn-Alabama game.

In that video the Alabama band played 'Eat 'em Up' and I reflexively started clapping my hands.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3770 on: November 23, 2008, 07:52:51 pm »

THE INTERNET:
my dad just invited me to some weird web 2.0 thing where you can put in your family tree.
it has only confirmed my theory that there are huge swaths of my family I do not know and will never meet.
Lots of great aunts and uncles who I never met and died recently without my knowledge. Weird.
Especially my whole weird family in south america. They all have the coolest dang names I have ever heard.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3771 on: November 24, 2008, 05:12:13 pm »

Hello 'Doke.  That first pic didn't do justice to his head shape, if the second one is accurate.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3772 on: November 24, 2008, 05:26:08 pm »

Awwwwww!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3773 on: November 24, 2008, 05:46:23 pm »

Hi, Okey Doke!  What's with the long face?
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3774 on: November 24, 2008, 08:36:43 pm »

That's a cool hoss.  Hey Strokey Doke.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3775 on: November 24, 2008, 08:41:43 pm »

Do you keep your hosses at a stable, or do you have room on the homestead?
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3776 on: November 24, 2008, 10:22:10 pm »

That is an awesome animal.

Today I'm gonna wake up with a mother fuckin' eye infection.  Nothing makes the day go down nice, like a crusty pus eye.  Fug.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 10:57:49 pm by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3777 on: November 24, 2008, 10:33:23 pm »

Do you keep your hosses at a stable, or do you have room on the homestead?


Ash at home
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3778 on: November 24, 2008, 10:46:42 pm »



Ash at home

I was going there, but then thought, no too obvious.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3779 on: November 24, 2008, 11:15:15 pm »

man, my grandfather is scanning in all these old photos of distant family/ancestors...
it is funny how there are photos of my mom which are like, "this is my mom, back in the old country." Somehow they look completely foreign and ancient to me. Like, how is this the same mom who loves her iPhone.

Also, I had some badass looking guys on that side of my family. All having big mustaches, all wearing beaten-up hats and grimacing at the camera. Hoo boy.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 878   Go Up