Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Awww yeah who is CATHOLIC up in this piece?!?!" -- you never hear that any more.

Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348170 times)

0 Members and 200 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3780 on: November 24, 2008, 11:45:43 pm »

Oh no, Smells has a case of Mom-mom's weeping eye!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3781 on: November 25, 2008, 01:26:29 am »

I was going there, but then thought, no too obvious.
Never refuse the low-hanging fruit.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3782 on: November 25, 2008, 06:44:12 am »

Oh no, Smells has a case of Mom-mom's weeping eye!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I am slightly afraid to wake up tomorrow - will my eye be worse (all requiring manual assistance to pry the two lids apart) or better (all clear and pretty again?)  Bleh!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3783 on: November 25, 2008, 09:29:36 am »

I am slightly afraid to wake up tomorrow - will my eye be worse (all requiring manual assistance to pry the two lids apart) or better (all clear and pretty again?)  Bleh!

Even in Death Mom-mom's eye won't stop weeping.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3784 on: November 25, 2008, 04:28:14 pm »


Next time she'll know to have dinner ready, i guess.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3785 on: November 25, 2008, 05:26:59 pm »

I did a similar thing with my roommate, where one day he didn't make dinner, so I made dinner for myself and none for him.

(...because I thought he was out to dinner. But anyway, he learned his lesson.)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3786 on: November 25, 2008, 06:16:42 pm »

Quote
we cut all our fingers and toenails together.

This is what I imagine it means to be a father of young sons. "Mom's out, let's all cut our toenails together."
YES!

Like, Phillipe would always hope that Ray and Roast Beef would want to cut toenails with him.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3787 on: November 26, 2008, 01:54:00 am »

So of course I didn't parse that as "our finger- and toe-nails," but instead parsed it exactly as it was typed.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3788 on: November 26, 2008, 02:32:58 am »

This is what I imagine it means to be a father of young sons. "Mom's out, let's all cut our toenails together."
YES!

Like, Phillipe would always hope that Ray and Roast Beef would want to cut toenails with him.

Dammit, and me with only daughters.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3789 on: November 26, 2008, 02:46:55 am »

So of course I didn't parse that as "our finger- and toe-nails," but instead parsed it exactly as it was typed.
What, your daddy never cut off your finger for talking back, 'haus?  You must be from uptown.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3790 on: November 26, 2008, 10:25:25 am »

So of course I didn't parse that as "our finger- and toe-nails," but instead parsed it exactly as it was typed.

A while ago I said something kind of bitchy at you for a similar comment.  I can't tell if you are correcting people, really confused/ making a joke on your confusion or a little of both.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3791 on: November 26, 2008, 02:27:38 pm »

A while ago I said something kind of bitchy at you for a similar comment.  I can't tell if you are correcting people, really confused/ making a joke on your confusion or a little of both.

Yes, and I've been distraught ever since.

It's the "making a joke" one.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3792 on: November 26, 2008, 05:30:30 pm »

Hard to say, since I'm personally having only one side of the equation.  But from watching other families, I think having girls is a little easier right now, when they're little.

When puberty kicks in, oh dear lord, I'll wish I had boys then.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3793 on: November 26, 2008, 08:00:52 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2ECtj-ViHM&feature=related
Say what you will about barack obama (or better yet don't) but c'mon, a commemorative collector's plate with barack looking over your head into the distance? Couldn't they have chosen better imagery than this, this, or this?
I just didn't think of America as the kind of place where we hung pictures of our glorious leader on the living room wall.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3794 on: November 26, 2008, 08:38:58 pm »

No culture can be measured by its commemorative plates.
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 878   Go Up