Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There are only five Wodehouse books on my special Wodehouse shelf?! As Jeeves himself might ask, "Where in the fuck are the rest of them."

Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1350363 times)

0 Members and 191 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3795 on: November 26, 2008, 09:06:27 pm »

I know that people used to hang pictures of JFK on their walls. I am not sure if that was only after he was dead, though.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3796 on: November 26, 2008, 09:13:06 pm »

And FDR. Is there such a thing as a tasteful commemorative plate?
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3797 on: November 26, 2008, 09:28:01 pm »

I am home! Nice.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3798 on: November 26, 2008, 09:44:56 pm »

I don't know what's worse about that plate commercial: that you don't see a black person until 1:25 into the two-minute spot, or the "Yes you can!... own a piece of history" tag.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3799 on: November 26, 2008, 10:01:08 pm »

I don't know what's worse about that plate commercial: that you don't see a black person until 1:25 into the two-minute spot, or the "Yes you can!... own a piece of history" tag.
yeah this is hell of white people digging on their black president. The part that sold me was the guy writing at his desk (first seen at ~0.09) with plate barack watching over him, and then he looks over at plate barack as if for inspiration then nods confidently with plate barack's confirmation.
His confident smile and kind eyes are an inspiration to us all.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3800 on: November 26, 2008, 11:54:03 pm »

I went out looking for Reagan Commemorative plate because I am sure I have seen one of those.

Instead I found this.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3801 on: November 27, 2008, 01:02:44 am »

We are dangerously close to Inauguration Day Madness at Crazy Eddie's Used Auto... "Yes, you CAN own this fantastic Honda Accord for only ten-nine-eight-eight... it's not just HOPE at Crazy Eddie's, bring REAL CHANGE to your driveway with this Ford Escape for only three-ninety-nine a month! Credit problems? It didn't stop the banks from getting their bailout, and IT WON'T STOP YOU HERE!"
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3802 on: November 27, 2008, 02:28:51 am »

Don't get me started on Inauguration Day Madness. Metro (our bus/subway) has said if your house/hotel is within 2 miles the inauguration site it will be faster to walk than to try to take transit. They're expecting people to have to let several trains go by before finding one that actually has room in it; both in- and out-bound.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3803 on: November 27, 2008, 03:16:17 am »

...ha ha ha fuckers. I got out of work and am now up to my ass in rum.
Y'all have a good turkey day and say thanks for what you got and think what of those who don't.
RUM!
All i see is a guy with rum gloating to a guy who doesn't.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3804 on: November 27, 2008, 04:25:05 am »

Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3805 on: November 27, 2008, 05:01:58 am »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3806 on: November 27, 2008, 06:14:08 am »

And I heard they're promising to have a bill for Obama to sign for an additional 700 trillion or whatever by the time he takes office?

At what point is preserving jobs in unprofitable industries worth this much? I wonder how much adult-education and job-finding assistance that money could buy?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3807 on: November 27, 2008, 10:02:17 am »

No culture can Every culture should be measured by its commemorative plates.

It'd be more fun, anyway.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3808 on: November 27, 2008, 02:07:22 pm »

I propose that we start programs to help unemployed auto workers start commemorative plate companies.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3809 on: November 27, 2008, 10:19:35 pm »

I propose that we start programs to help unemployed auto workers start commemorative plate companies.


Genius!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 878   Go Up