Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do not bone your neighbor's wife. That is hella lame.

Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348069 times)

0 Members and 194 Guests are viewing this topic.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3825 on: November 30, 2008, 02:33:05 am »

...cut my fingernails too short. Aagh!

Also, discover that I somehow know all the words to 'Wings of a Butterfly" by H.I.M. How did this happen?
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3826 on: November 30, 2008, 02:37:08 am »

I no longer have a roommate for next semester. Shit.
Will I be assigned a random person? Will I live alone?

Who knows.

New option: will I move into an INCREDIBLY AWESOME apartment that my friends are vacating? That is way cheaper than our current apartment? that they are begging us to take? it depends on whether the school are dicks about letting us out of our lease.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 06:45:41 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3827 on: November 30, 2008, 06:56:17 am »

...buy a new phone and totally get suckered in to switching to t-mobile because the G1 is pure geeky sex. Goddamn I haven't even made a call on it and I love it.

i picked out a nice-looking and simple to use slider for the missus since she said "oh all i want is something that makes calls and that i don't have to recharge every day." naturally, i brought home the g1 and we're going back next weekend to get her one of her own.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3828 on: November 30, 2008, 08:43:01 am »

Am I the only one already bothered by the fact that now people can call me wherever I am and sure as hell do not want a phone where people can e-mail me wherever the hell I am and things even more invasive yet? Why would I want the internet on my phone, my laptop barely has a big enough screen to begin with.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3829 on: November 30, 2008, 03:43:05 pm »

try to figure out why my computer shut down due to a "thermal event" when it's sitting in a 68 degree room.

I'm hoping the it was just the CPU fan, which I dusted and now appears to be running fine.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3830 on: November 30, 2008, 05:46:40 pm »

Am I the only one already bothered by the fact that now people can call me wherever I am and sure as hell do not want a phone where people can e-mail me wherever the hell I am and things even more invasive yet? Why would I want the internet on my phone, my laptop barely has a big enough screen to begin with.

I am pretty much of this opinion.  I wish they would perfect the phone calling abilities of mobile phones before adding additional features that I don't want or need.  Build a phone that pulls in a stronger signal from a fringe area and I am THERE. 

But that's not even considered.  I've been perusing the reviews and I could figure out which phone's browser or camera or fuck*ng keyboard is the best, but nobody will tell me a word about reception.

NEWSFLASH DICKWEEDS!  Not everybody lives in an urban center.  And even folks who do occasionally travel through fringe areas.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3831 on: November 30, 2008, 05:59:06 pm »

Well, that's the problem, innit. It's sexier and more financially viable to create a phone that can go down on you than it is to build a network that gets a signal more than twenty miles from a Starbucks.
Logged

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3832 on: November 30, 2008, 06:22:40 pm »

Well, that's the problem, innit. It's sexier and more financially viable to create a phone that can go down on you than it is to build a network that gets a signal more than twenty miles from a Starbucks.

And you can just completely forget about a phone that'll go down on you more than twenty miles from a Starbucks.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3833 on: November 30, 2008, 07:18:28 pm »

a phone that can go down on you
Whoa, is this in the app store or what? just dont tell my girlfriend. Shes already jealous of my blackberry as it is.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3834 on: November 30, 2008, 10:26:23 pm »

And it's not like I'm opposed to people having all that gimcrackery.  It's not really for me, but if you want it, that's fine.  But won't somebody consider my needs?  Please?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3835 on: December 01, 2008, 03:29:15 am »

I'm on my blackberry right now sitting on I 95 with no end in sight
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3836 on: December 01, 2008, 04:43:41 am »

Weirdly my cell phone works in nothing for miles cussin West Kansas, but not the cussin center of Denver.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3837 on: December 01, 2008, 04:52:06 am »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3838 on: December 01, 2008, 08:17:50 pm »

I've done that before my own self.  I have two turkeys in the freezer right now, but I'm not cooking them yet.  Saving at least one for warmer weather so I can cook it on the grill.

Ash, next time you successfully shoot a deer, cook this.  I made it this weekend, and the normally venison-sensitive Mrs. del Vaca actually liked it.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3839 on: December 01, 2008, 08:20:24 pm »

We went out to a restaurant for Thanksgiving, and didn't even order turkey. So on Saturday I had to make a dinner that consisted entirely of stuffing and cranberry sauce.

Too late, I read about a restaurant that gives you a bag of leftovers to take home. We'll have to try that one next year.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 878   Go Up