Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Making money from art is not vulgar. Art is a commodity. It makes people feel something. It raises the greater sum of human happiness. It increases the gaiety of the nation. It has a value. -John Allison

Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1350059 times)

0 Members and 146 Guests are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3840 on: December 01, 2008, 10:19:00 pm »

"Sit on my ass and call it hunting" is more what my father-in-law does.  He has a couple of stands within a couple hundred yards of his house.  Damn convenient.

I was also given all of the remaining venison in the freezer from last year, commissioned to make jerky.  Gotta get to work on that.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3841 on: December 02, 2008, 01:24:22 am »

Yeah, we usually buy 3-4 turkeys this time of year because they're so darn cheap.  Toss 'em in the chest freezer and pull 'em out whenever I'm feeling ambitious a week ahead of time.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3842 on: December 02, 2008, 03:16:07 am »

Next year I'm applying for deer and elk tags in Idaho

What part? It's my home state, although I imagine you'll be taking care of business well south of my area.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3843 on: December 02, 2008, 07:24:11 am »

Hey mayor - if you want my poultry rub recipe i'll approximate it for you (or anybody else really). I grilled my bird in parts for turkey day and it came out awesome. Leftovers are faring even better.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3844 on: December 02, 2008, 04:32:55 pm »

Yeah, way south of me. That's like at least 8-9 hours away by car.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3845 on: December 02, 2008, 05:59:53 pm »

Nine hours to cross Idaho? 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3846 on: December 02, 2008, 06:03:17 pm »

My uncle used to take us giraffeing and (skimming?  The thing you do behind a speedboat that requires no talent) on Lake Coeur d'Alene (in Idaho).  He lived in Spokane at the time.  There wasn't a whole lot of weeks out of the year that playing on the lake was a reasonable thing to do, on account of latitude.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3847 on: December 02, 2008, 06:04:37 pm »

Nine hours to cross Idaho? 
There's a reason why people on cross-country trips go through Texas and not Idaho.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3848 on: December 02, 2008, 06:29:22 pm »

Nine hours to cross Idaho? 

Well, going lengthwise, it would take about 12 hours to traverse Idaho (north-south). At its widest point, it would take about 5 hours. It is a pretty big state, with a decent amount of very curvy roads.

So you're up there where you can stand on a mountain side and wag your dick at Canada, huh? Always wanted to rumple around up the high spots but never made it further than Moscow before I got distracted by a lady.

Well, Moscow is where I am, actually. Takes a little bit more to get to the border.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3849 on: December 02, 2008, 06:53:03 pm »

The truck took the big screen and pallet of 2 buck chuck in the bed with it, though. TV & Booze, guess it went about as happy as it could be. I still razz him for spraying that big screen all over the highway after it about killed us getting it into the truck from its second story home.
That would have made a great funeral story though. Ol' bill took his big screen and a case of booze to the grave. At least he's somewhere happy now.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3850 on: December 03, 2008, 04:04:08 am »

Like "Not only did you meet a never meet a meal you didn't like, you had to go and get the De-Lux lead coffin."

Always wanted to get up in the Priest Lake area.

Very nice. Best huckleberries ever.

Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3851 on: December 03, 2008, 06:46:54 pm »

I feel... really incredibly weird.
I've felt sick for a while, so I've been sleeping a lot, blowing off work I need to do, etc. Yesterday I spent almost all of the time after class ended lying on our couch wrapped in blankets, watching TV. Except for dinner-- indian food. bad choice.

i ended up going to sleep shivering uncontrollably, so I piled on the blankets. I woke up maybe an hour later with the chills gone, now I was sweating bullets. I slept for 12 hours. Every time I woke up, I would fall back asleep, even though I no longer felt tired.
Now I just feel generally crappy. What the eff? My horrible fever-induced dreams did not help any.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3852 on: December 03, 2008, 09:09:12 pm »

Naw, that is way too long ago.

My mom thinks I have meningitis.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3853 on: December 03, 2008, 09:30:53 pm »

Naw, that is way too long ago.

My mom thinks I have meningitis.
That or you're pregnant. Call Oprah.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 09:34:05 pm by Arachno-capitalist »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3854 on: December 03, 2008, 09:35:23 pm »

also: "Call Oprah" is now my favorite generic advice.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 878   Go Up