Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood It's National Johnny Cash Raise Hell Awareness Saturday Night. Go out and Fuck Shit Up in a Way That You Believe In!

Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349584 times)

0 Members and 158 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3855 on: December 03, 2008, 11:28:49 pm »

Um.

So according to the doctor, I have either meningitis, or mono.
"Go to the emergency room if you start having seizures."
I am to go back there at 9 AM to have further tests.

I DO NOT WANT TO PREPARE A PRESENTATION OR STUDY FOR AN EXAM RIGHT NOW.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3856 on: December 03, 2008, 11:38:42 pm »

Don't call Oprah if you start having seizures.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3857 on: December 03, 2008, 11:45:02 pm »

Why not? She helped Tom Cruise out?



(Click picture for a 2005 flashback)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 12:00:33 am by jaydub »
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3858 on: December 03, 2008, 11:45:45 pm »

yeah, doctor father of roommate says "if she actually thought you had meningitis, she would have sent you to the hospital."

she said something like "if you had meningitis, you would be curled up in a ball on the examining table."
so it is probably mono. whoopee.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3859 on: December 04, 2008, 12:44:16 am »

OK.

While I was there, I saw a friend of mine.
He said "oh! are you getting tested too?"
I decided to store it away, and not repeat this information.

When I walked out, my roommate, who drove me to student health services, said "oh, (guy) said he saw you... and he asked me if I have been tested for HIV."

Weird.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3860 on: December 04, 2008, 05:39:47 am »

I knew a guy who got the meng once, he was never the same afterwords. Basically it was like his IQ dropped 20 points and his sense of humor got really bizarre, like he would make fun of little kids to their faces and think it was the raddest thing since dane cook.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3861 on: December 04, 2008, 05:55:59 am »

yeah, there are a lot of factors going on where... I am pretty sure I do not have it.

For instance, ibuprofen probably does not help much if your SPINE IS HORRIBLY FUCKED UP.

Also, it is apparent even to me, with my limited medical training, that the reason my neck is stiff is that my lymph nodes are all swole up.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3862 on: December 04, 2008, 05:59:19 am »

Yeah, that sounds more like mono.  Serves you right for smooching on all those dorm hotties. :)
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3863 on: December 04, 2008, 06:22:19 am »

man, I would be way more OK with having mono if I had smooched anyone in the last... year?

Yeah. Exactly a year. Right before thanksgiving last year.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3864 on: December 04, 2008, 06:50:02 am »

Would it have worked out the same if it was "call Orpah"?


It would probably not work out at all if it were "call Opah" (ichthyologist humour).
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3865 on: December 04, 2008, 10:10:07 am »

Quote from: Arachno-capitalist
the raddest thing since dane cook.

You and I might have ideological differences, my friend, but holy crap.

That is the most ridiculously awesomely sarcastic line I have ever read.

You've done a man's job, sir, it's too bad she won't CAN'D but then again who does?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3866 on: December 04, 2008, 06:01:33 pm »

so: I woke up this morning feeling a lot better. Now I just feel like i have a head cold.

MODERN MEDICINE: 0
SLEEPING AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE AND IGNORING MY WORK: MANY

Now I am preparing a presentation for my linguistics class... I am pretty sure she'll say
"This is TOO GOOD! Get out of my classroom! You flunk for being too good at writing reports!"
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 06:27:29 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3867 on: December 04, 2008, 07:17:49 pm »

She'll give you a B-plus. Overkill.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3868 on: December 04, 2008, 10:47:22 pm »

Yeah. OK. I spent an hour doing that whole presentation, which is worth a non-small portion of my final grade.

Walking out, my friend said "didn't you say you prepared the whole thing in an hour? how did you memorize all that stuff?"
He said I seemed really on-top of it. I was just reading off the slides using different wording. Also I came up with examples.

When i finished presenting, everyone just kind of stared at me until the next person started. No questions.

Maybe because in the middle I whipped my dick out, though.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3869 on: December 04, 2008, 10:58:43 pm »

Daniel brings the strong sack.  It's go time for final projects with me.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 878   Go Up