Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There’s no Day for apologizing to our parents for all the stupid shit we put them through. Perhaps because we never finish before they die.

Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349757 times)

0 Members and 147 Guests are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3870 on: December 05, 2008, 12:36:55 am »

be bored at work but hang out for the christmas party tonight.

Also, I just stumbled across maycontain.com it wants to be a social networking portal or something but the beautiful part is the language. The odd uses of bolded text for emphasis, it's like Ray writing from a sales 101 textbook or something.

Quote
Think of a place where there's a community - a website - dedicated to every individual interest and hobby. A place where you can go to meet people just like you.

I picture a very serious man speaking to me in hushed tones across my coffee table. He will go door to door late into the evening trying to sell people on the genius of maycontain.com.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3871 on: December 05, 2008, 12:39:35 am »

I'm going to recover from getting my wisdom teeth out. I only had two, and the one on the top right had come through the gumline so it was a really simple extraction and doesn't hurt at all. The bottom left took some cutting and hurts somewhat. But I've only taken two vicoden so far. The doctor said tomorrow will be worse and Saturday even worse than that.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3872 on: December 05, 2008, 01:52:55 am »

EVERY individual interest and hobby!  They are ALL in there!
Raising coati!  Making candles from your own earwax!  Naked broomball!  Dammit, you CAN NOT think of an individual interest or hobby that is not covered by maycontain.com!  My heart's explodin'!
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3873 on: December 05, 2008, 02:39:15 am »

these knives!
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3874 on: December 05, 2008, 03:16:55 am »

Naked making candles from coati earwax!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3875 on: December 05, 2008, 03:49:32 am »

Holey moley.  I just can'd Keith, then saw it was like pouring a Dixie cup into a full bathtub.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3876 on: December 05, 2008, 03:57:08 am »

Maybe he bought like 800 copies of tiny Chinese Democracy.

They're already heading down an ominous path with maycontainballs.com
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3877 on: December 05, 2008, 06:50:12 pm »

... clean up the Death Star (my room) and drive to Richmond Airport. Disgusting: My girlfriend will get to Richmond from NJ faster that I will from another town in Virginia. She's zipping around the atmosphere while I'm dodging state troopers.
Later: black tie formal with a full big swing band and copious coitus.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3878 on: December 05, 2008, 09:36:28 pm »

my roommate/one of my two best friends is totally fuck*ng us over on housing for next year, and doesn't understand why we are incredibly upset with him. He is evading a problem which HE needs to deal with, and dumping it onto us.

I am so mad at him. If you're going to avoid your problems, at least do it in a way where it doesn't screw people over. Shit.

And actually, my other best friend at school has also done something in the last 24 hours which makes me think he is full of bullshit. Goddamnit.

Maybe my sickness was replaced with anger and judgment.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 10:00:39 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3879 on: December 06, 2008, 06:20:14 am »

Man, crap ongoes. I am basically mad at everyone right now. Whatever.

Tonight I saw Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings, with Menahan Street Band opening. I can't tell if it was because of my mood, but I found it really underwhelming.
They covered "A Change is Gonna Come" and completely mauled it. It was barely recognizable.
The venue we saw them at is really into partitioning off 21+ people from under-21 people.
For some reason they decided the dance floor should be only for 21+ people.
The other major aspect of this venue is that they have seats everywhere, so that if you are standing up and dancing, angry middle-aged women will tell you that you're "ruining their view."

Also they have this fountain where you can deposit your excess bile so that it doesn't end up ruining your nice shirt.

Positive:
She brought 10 or so women up on stage, explicitly stating that she wanted representatives of "all the races." "Is there not ONE asian sister in the house?" So my friend stephanie had to go up and dance with her.
The greatest, happiest thing I think I have ever seen in a live performance was this middle-aged woman who went up in a hijab (I thought I learned in arabic class that this was the word, but the scarves it brings up on google image search are not what I mean) and accompanying full-body-covering dress thing... she was reluctant at first, and then just got this huge smile and shook her booty while everyone cheered her. It was beautiful.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3880 on: December 06, 2008, 07:05:27 pm »

Maybe the head covering you're thinking of is the chador?  Dress part is the abaya.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3881 on: December 06, 2008, 07:41:38 pm »

not as intense as a chador.

it was more like a thick scarf.

Although looking at the abaya makes me think, maybe it was an abaya and she was just wearing the colorful scarf over it.
It just made me so happy to see this... and Ms. Jones pulled it off in a way which was completely comfortable and awesome. I was worried it would end in an awkward moment, but it did not.

OH MAN, part I left out:
world's most danceable song about genocide of native americans/enslavement of africans.

She basically sang a song saying, I like dancing and am good at dancing because that is what they do in Africa, and also I am part native american, and those are both groups that dance.
And then she said "they dance like this" and did vaguely uncomfortable "African" and "Native American" dances.

This theory of why she can dance well was later disproven, when she brought this young black guy on stage to dance with her, and he was just the most awkwardly horrible dancer I have ever seen.

If people do not know sharon jones, this song rules my brain lately.
the first time I heard it, actually, I was dancing at a party where my roommate was DJing, and that horn part started and I just froze... and then she started singing and I felt pure joy at how awesome it was.

I am also blown away that she is older than my mom. She has GOT it.

And in summation: the reason I hate the site Stuff White People Like is that it is basically a summation of my life.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 10:34:28 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3882 on: December 07, 2008, 10:11:26 am »

the part about stuffwhitepeoplelike being a summation of my life

I feel you. Basically the only thing that keeps me from being the posterboy for that site is the fact that I have no money.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3883 on: December 07, 2008, 11:24:56 am »

If people do not know sharon jones, this song rules my brain lately.
the first time I heard it, actually, I was dancing at a party where my roommate was DJing, and that horn part started and I just froze... and then she started singing and I felt pure joy at how awesome it was.

That is totally awesome. This is the type of music I want to find more of I think. It is good to know that music like this still gets made, I don't think I was fully cognizant of that.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3884 on: December 07, 2008, 05:05:45 pm »

...go out and have the dogs' picture taken with Santa.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 878   Go Up