Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am in a bed with an Asleepness Hat on.

Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348905 times)

0 Members and 216 Guests are viewing this topic.

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3885 on: December 07, 2008, 06:47:06 pm »

The college cat wandered into my room earlier. He was acting very strange and I thought he might not be very well, but I think it was actually down to the giant bee that is acting as the fairy on our little Christmas tree, which is a cat toy rammed full of catnip. He's now curled up asleep by my radiator making me feel very special.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3886 on: December 08, 2008, 10:41:38 pm »

He said "oh! are you getting tested too?"
I decided to store it away, and not repeat this information.
When I walked out, my roommate, who drove me to student health services, said "oh, (guy) said he saw you... and he asked me if I have been tested for HIV."

All the kids are doing it!

In my past I've sat in a hospital intake with a lab order that asked for the following three things.

Tetanus shot, HIV test, Cholesterol Workup.

This adds up to either: AWESOME weekend or HORRIFIC weekend.
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3887 on: December 09, 2008, 12:16:46 am »

All the kids are doing it!

In my past I've sat in a hospital intake with a lab order that asked for the following three things.

Tetanus shot, HIV test, Cholesterol Workup.

This adds up to either: AWESOME weekend or HORRIFIC weekend.
Plus, you know, it was World AIDS day on Dec. 1 so it was seasonally appropriate. Thus the "are you getting tested, too?"
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3888 on: December 09, 2008, 05:47:36 am »

Oh, so that's why they were doing aids testing on campus that day.

Ash, you named one of your ponies okey doke.  Was that after this?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3889 on: December 09, 2008, 09:00:54 am »

today, we watched freaks and geeks for 3 hours.

when this girl was leaving her apartment to come over here, she said "hey (roommate) I'm going over to Dan and (my roommate)'s, dan has never seen freaks and geeks."
and her roommate said "yeah, but like... he lived it, right?"

I can't decide if she thought I was one of the freaks or the geeks. This show makes me wish I had drank/done drugs in high school.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3890 on: December 09, 2008, 06:24:27 pm »

wow, Paul, good call.

I want you to name the next one Slow-Lane.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3891 on: December 09, 2008, 07:40:58 pm »

Slow-Lane would be perfect for little Asherbaby's first hoss.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3892 on: December 09, 2008, 08:57:06 pm »

Last night I stayed up screwing around until 5 AM, then we decided to walk to get donuts at a place that opens at 6:30...

best damn donuts I've had in my life. SO GOOD. Tiny little hole-in-the-wall shop. The guy said that we were smart getting there at opening, all kinds of guys come at 9 am looking for cream-filled donuts and he's already out.

We got there too early, so we kept walking, and stopped when I recognized a tall building that I can see in the distance when walking home from classes. It was cool to be next to that building that I look at every day from a few miles away.

That was satisfying.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3893 on: December 09, 2008, 09:10:20 pm »

Well, we were SUPPOSED to be hosting a birthday party for a friend of ours. She has a lot of pretty friends, so of course we said yes.
But our RA sent us an email saying that there would be zero tolerance for parties or "large gatherings" this week (exam week), and any noise complaints would land us in shit-land with fines and meetings with administrators, etc.
Considering people come down and complain if we play our stereo too loud in the middle of the afternoon, that party would have lasted less than 10 minutes.

I still have hope, though.

I'll probably just tell my kids stories about... crawling through steam-tunnels to get into the chapel in the middle of the night. That was a good one.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3894 on: December 09, 2008, 11:22:45 pm »

Based on certain factors, I think next semester will generate "not appropriate for telling my children" stories of several types.

Hopefully in a positive way, and not in a "I lived alone for a semester and slid downhill in a haze of drugs and booze" way.
my plan mostly involves a young woman who is very excited to see me when she gets back from being abroad.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3895 on: December 09, 2008, 11:32:49 pm »

I am pretty sure that happens when you live with or around people in their own drug or booze haze, not alone.  Well, it could happen alone too, but that would be much worse.

I haven't drank to drunkness since the election night, I feel great and stuff, but sometimes life is boring and other drugs just don't have the same nights of craziness involved (i still do other drugs, they seem to not fuck me up in my life as badly as alcohol can, but yeah, mainly cause they don't lead to more bad decisions, the bad decision is taking the drug.)
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3896 on: December 10, 2008, 01:14:01 am »

Last night I stayed up screwing around until 5 AM, then we decided to walk to get donuts at a place that opens at 6:30...

best damn donuts I've had in my life. SO GOOD. Tiny little hole-in-the-wall shop. The guy said that we were smart getting there at opening, all kinds of guys come at 9 am looking for cream-filled donuts and he's already out.

We got there too early, so we kept walking, and stopped when I recognized a tall building that I can see in the distance when walking home from classes. It was cool to be next to that building that I look at every day from a few miles away.

That was satisfying.

What donut shop?  Was it World's Fair Donuts?  Because that place is great.  And I'm not the only one who thinks so.  AB thinks so too.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3897 on: December 10, 2008, 01:57:32 am »

That place is further than the one we went to-- Pharoh Donuts on Debalivier
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3898 on: December 10, 2008, 03:14:59 am »

Quote from: theinevitable
Based on certain factors, I think next semester will generate "not appropriate for telling my children" stories of several types.
\

I don't know, after about the age of twelve, "I had some sex in college" isn't really all that untellable.

Of course, my dad would regale me with the many stories of his drug and alcohol abuse in my youth, to try and scare me off so... hm. Maybe I was a jaded kid.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3899 on: December 10, 2008, 05:25:55 am »

yeah, my parents do not tell me those stories.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 878   Go Up