Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What we need more of is science.

Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349050 times)

0 Members and 200 Guests are viewing this topic.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3975 on: December 18, 2008, 05:35:08 pm »

...drive 170 of some of the most harrowing miles of my life in order to get a friend to the airport for the holidays. I went off the road at one point. Thankfully I have 4wd and studded snow tires, and the ditch wasn't deep, so I didn't need to call a truck. Others were not so lucky.

While the road between Pullman and Spokane isn't a treat...ever, in bad conditions the road between Moscow and Pullman always freaked me out.  (The ladyfriend's Mom owned a house on the other side of the hill from Greek Row in Moscow.)
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3976 on: December 18, 2008, 06:38:08 pm »

It's actually a lot better now. They made it 4 lanes a couple of years ago. According to the old timers, the Idaho 18 year old drinking age is what really made the old "Highway of Death" fun, though.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3977 on: December 18, 2008, 07:43:11 pm »

So you can't be well read and also like ultimate frisbee?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3978 on: December 18, 2008, 07:49:48 pm »

Oh man, at summer camp whenever we had more than 90 seconds of down time we'd start up a game of ultimate frisbee or four square. Unless it was raining, in which case it was spades and egyptian rat screw.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3979 on: December 18, 2008, 08:14:23 pm »

Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3980 on: December 18, 2008, 08:19:08 pm »

?

It's exactly what it sounds like.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3981 on: December 19, 2008, 12:46:19 am »

I mean, you can be.

But the reputation is not that he IS well-read, it's that he tries to act like he is, but cannot back it up.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3982 on: December 19, 2008, 12:50:25 am »

A male college student with a desire to be seen as sensitive and intellectual without actually putting in the work, listening to Dave Matthews?

My mind is blown.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3983 on: December 19, 2008, 01:23:39 am »

...get punched in the nuts all day long, figuratively speaking, and have a terrier we're pup-sitting headbutt me in the nuts twice, literally speaking.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3984 on: December 19, 2008, 01:57:39 am »

i just realized what is going on here, I am not sure why I did not before:

I have been assigned a roommate out of the set "juniors who could not find anyone to live with them." Because, why else would you put in to be assigned random housing?

OK. It will be fine.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3985 on: December 19, 2008, 02:32:24 am »

I would imagine he probably just keeps to himself, and has few friends. For some reason, douchebags usually don't have any trouble finding other douchebags to pal around with, in my experience.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3986 on: December 19, 2008, 03:17:58 am »

egyptian rat screw

?

It's a slapping card game. You have to get hold of the entire deck to win, kind of like War. There's a needlessly complex Wikipedia page, if you're really curious.

Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3987 on: December 19, 2008, 03:53:33 pm »

Today, workmen come to install a peep-hole in our door due to University Regulations, despite the fact that our door has a window in it. A big window.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3988 on: December 19, 2008, 04:23:31 pm »

Today, workmen come to install a peep-hole in our door due to University Regulations, despite the fact that our door has a window in it. A big window.

At first glance I read it as having a peep hole so campus officials can look in to monitory activity. I'm assuming it's so you can look out for your safety, right?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3989 on: December 19, 2008, 05:01:35 pm »

.... spend an hour going to the post office, mostly waiting on line, to mail Christmas presents just before the last possible minute.

Then find out that there is a problem with my friend's webpage, of course only in Internet Explorer. Will someone please explain why people still use that fuck*ng Microsoft crap?

Then, fix the page as follows: Instead of commenting out the offending code, I deleted it. Goddam that should NOT work differently.

Then somehow spend the whole rest of the morning on email, including, forgetting that I meant to try to take some time off over the holidays, an email suggesting a story idea, to which I immediately get back the answer "Great! How about for January 5th?"

And now it is lunchtime and I have accomplished basically nothing except making more work for myself.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 878   Go Up