Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood My bicycle is parked in the living room. A tub of tartar sauce sits open on the counter. Truly, the evidence of a wife being away too long.

Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349191 times)

0 Members and 198 Guests are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4005 on: December 28, 2008, 05:19:42 am »

...wonder if it's strange that even though I'm not physically attracted to Sarah Vowell from "This American Life" I would definitely have sex with her, just on the strength of her attitude and voice. Definitely.

I'm only familiar with her from her appearances on the TMBG documentary and The Daily Show. I cannot stand her even a little. Her voice is annoying and she rambles on about the most boring stuff I've ever heard.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4006 on: December 28, 2008, 05:42:19 am »

I have a thing for quirky ladies. Like, full-bore eccentrics.

I don't know why. Maybe I believe they would be less apt to judge me for my own issues.

Maybe they would just be happy that there is a dude who will put up with their crap and give them make-outs and intimidate shyster mechanics by being tall and just kind of deal with my panic attacks and stuff. Find them attractive despite the fact that they crochet and collect power tools or whatever.

Weird people are made for weird people, I think.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4007 on: December 28, 2008, 06:35:13 am »

I have a similar thing, but it is majorly outweighed by my love for girls who seem completely nonsexual.

Surprise!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4008 on: December 28, 2008, 06:38:50 am »

Dan loves every evolutionary dead end.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4009 on: December 28, 2008, 07:02:33 am »

Dan loves every evolutionary dead end.

So canned.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4010 on: December 28, 2008, 07:24:16 am »

I don't know, I think Sarah Vowell is pretty cute.  It looks like maybe she's hiding some big ol titties underneath those loose sweaters she wears.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4011 on: December 28, 2008, 07:31:07 am »

What do you call a teacher who is not a professional teacher, someone from industry teaching about that industry?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4012 on: December 28, 2008, 07:32:36 am »

What I like about this is that when the girls end up to be, you know, human beings who like to kiss and stuff, it is SUPER HOT.

Why else would there be so many porn videos based around librarians and teachers and the nice girl next door.

Paul-- an instructor?
Now I feel like I have a mental block, there is a better word. DANG.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4013 on: December 28, 2008, 07:41:40 am »

There is a specific word for a teacher/instructor who isn't a professional teacher.  Someone from the industry they are teaching about.  The word escapes me.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4014 on: December 28, 2008, 07:43:51 am »

Mentor?

I am all about nerdy ladies who are secretly hot under their humility.

Their humility that allows them to settle for struggling writers who eat too much and do not exercise enough.

Oh yes.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4015 on: December 28, 2008, 07:46:35 am »

Nope, that's not it.  He's not a mentor, he's an actual teacher in the classroom, but he's not a teacher by trade.  Dammit there's a word for it.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4016 on: December 28, 2008, 07:52:38 am »

I would have said some variation on trainer but I don't think that's what you're after.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4017 on: December 28, 2008, 08:12:26 am »

Nope, that's not it.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4018 on: December 28, 2008, 08:20:04 am »

Lay Teacher is the term I was looking for.  Thanks for playing.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4019 on: December 28, 2008, 08:27:07 am »

Which brings us full-circle back again to teacherly girls we'd like to lay!
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 878   Go Up