Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I shouldn't have to tell people not to hit me on the head nearly so often as I do.

Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348116 times)

0 Members and 194 Guests are viewing this topic.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4050 on: January 02, 2009, 08:51:08 pm »

Not yet, maybe though once I get the production done and my roommate adds vocals.  Also, I don't know how to post it, but I can uploaded it and give a link to download.

This is what always happens:  I love a song, then spend way to much time in like a one to two day period with it, then hate it, then, if I listen to it in a week and like it I try to figure out how to play it again.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4051 on: January 02, 2009, 10:42:11 pm »

I can uploaded it and give a link to download.
That's what I meant, man. Cheers.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4052 on: January 02, 2009, 11:00:02 pm »

woke up yesterday with so many different parts of my body hurting for different reasons. I think that means it was a very good night.
got 5 hours of sleep multiple days in a row due to excessive party.
ended up leaving half wanting to cry because I will miss these people, and halfway kind of hating them.

the only part I am worried about is the part where I probably came a hell of a lot closer than I realize to being hit by a car.
When you want to lie down and look at the stars, do not pick a the middle of a road in the middle of nowhere at 2 AM on New Year's Eve.

saw the Avett Bros, also, which was really good. When Scott Avett wasn't trying to be a rock star. i love them so much.

Right now I think I am being kind of emotionally manipulative to a certain young lady. Ew. It is the worst when everything you are saying is true.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 01:38:10 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4053 on: January 03, 2009, 02:42:37 am »

...find out there is such a thing as a capella metal. Holy shit.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4054 on: January 03, 2009, 02:45:31 am »

...find out there is such a thing as a capella metal. Holy shit.

Good Lord!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4055 on: January 03, 2009, 02:55:26 am »

The videos are priceless. I just wonder how one gets five people together who are willing to get on board with a crazy idea like this.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4056 on: January 03, 2009, 03:54:24 pm »

saw the Avett Bros, also, which was really good. When Scott Avett wasn't trying to be a rock star. i love them so much.

JEALOUS

In fact, I think I need to add them to TourFilter RIGHT NOW.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4057 on: January 03, 2009, 04:03:41 pm »

...find out there is such a thing as a capella metal. Holy shit.

My computer was doing that thing where it won't play videos till I reboot it, so I only just got to listen to this. It is truly a wonder. I am kind of afraid they are going to hurt themselves, though.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4058 on: January 03, 2009, 06:42:55 pm »

they are from NC, so they play here a ton.

They sold out 3 nights in Asheville in a row, and then 2 nights in a row in charlotte for new year's eve.

so damn good. they have made me want to go buy a banjo.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4059 on: January 03, 2009, 08:23:19 pm »

they have made me want to go buy a banjo.
Always a decision best made sober - along with purchases of bagpipes, accordions, and zithers.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4060 on: January 03, 2009, 08:38:25 pm »

I have been sober most of the times I have decided to do it.

Although a lot of them were in the presence of girls who thought it would be AWESOME if I played the banjo.
So, not sober.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4061 on: January 03, 2009, 08:55:18 pm »

Friends don't let friends buy musical instruments under the influence of pretty ladies.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4062 on: January 03, 2009, 08:59:07 pm »

I don't know what a zither is (I am on my way to Wikipedia soon), but New Adventures in Hi-Fi by R.E.M. has a song called that, so I am pretty sure I know what it sounds like.  The same album has a song called "E-Bow the Letter" and I recently bought an Ebow, not because of the song or anything, though it is a good song and album.  I love it.  I have also been sober for a long time, in a no alcohol or other hard drugs type of way.

Okay, so there is no zither on Zither, but there is auto harp.  There is definitely e-bow on e-bow...

EDIT 2: An auto harp is a zither.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 09:59:37 pm by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4063 on: January 03, 2009, 09:13:50 pm »

Banjo is one of the last instruments that strike me as awesome.

I once had a button accordion. I didn't drink in those days, so I can't account for it that way.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4064 on: January 03, 2009, 09:59:58 pm »

Look up zithers and autoharps.  Oh, and go to the airport.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 878   Go Up