Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Note how white pepper, ground freshly into one's hand, makes it smell as though you've been rubbing your open palm around on a horse's anus.

Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1344847 times)

0 Members and 129 Guests are viewing this topic.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4110 on: January 11, 2009, 04:48:04 am »

I've been high and dry for a few months now.  It is nice.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4111 on: January 11, 2009, 05:43:10 am »

Congratulations on being dry.  May I offer a toast?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4112 on: January 11, 2009, 06:15:36 am »

I have resolved both to drink less at one time, and to learn to appreciate whiskey.

Maybe not great co-resolutions.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4113 on: January 11, 2009, 10:34:50 am »

Yeah here's to drinking less at one time. I've been drinking less often the last few months but more heavily when I do drink so the frequency of me waking up with a 'oh shit what did I do' feeling has increased a lot. It's not like it's something I'm doing every week or anything but I hate that feeling enough that commiting myself to learning when to say 'nope, it's time for water for a round or two' seems like a sensible idea.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4114 on: January 11, 2009, 12:21:07 pm »

Yeah, the old feeling of waking up excited to know all of the crazy shit you did the night before is turning more and more into a feeling of dread these days. Zero to blackout in two hours does not really help with the whole 'win friends and influence people' thing.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4115 on: January 11, 2009, 08:13:42 pm »

My brother's medical problems preclude his drinking and so I think I've drank... twice?... since his first seizure.

I don't want to drink in his presence and make the fact that he can't anymore feel worse for him.

This has been one of the good things about his issues, I guess, he isn't drinking a bottle of wine a night anymore.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4116 on: January 11, 2009, 09:07:59 pm »

Over new year's I got so drunk that... I think that what I used to think was drunk is not drunk.

I alternate between thinking this is good, and horrible.


Today, I bought books for classes. Later I might play scrabble with the girl across the street.
she said she is really bad, but I heard a rumor that she is actually incredible.
I do not know what it means if a girl lies about how good she is at scrabble. what makes a girl lie about how good she is at scrabble?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4117 on: January 11, 2009, 09:30:21 pm »

Either she thinks that intelligence in women scares people off or she likes the thrill of sharking people in Scrabble.

Lots of people like to hide one or two things they're good at so that they can mess with people in certain rare situations.

It's because we all watch too much television and love when that happens on teevee.

For me? Rapping. It is not that I am a great rapper by any means but so much better than I should be by my appearance.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4118 on: January 11, 2009, 10:10:52 pm »

Really?  Women actually pretend to be stupid to get the guy?  I thought that only went on in sitcoms and bad romantic comedies.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4119 on: January 11, 2009, 10:16:37 pm »

man, it would make me so sad if that was what was going on.

actually now that I have thought about it, actually what happened in that conversation is that I said I was really bad at it, and she was like "oh, yeah... scrabble is tough" or something.

That game is really frustrating to me. Because it seems like something I should be good at, but it is about so much more than how many words you know.

all of my friends are ridiculously good. is the issue.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 10:31:39 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4120 on: January 11, 2009, 11:01:14 pm »

That game is really frustrating to me. Because it seems like something I should be good at, but it is about so much more than how many words you know.

Actually it's mostly about how many two-letter words you know.
Logged

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4121 on: January 11, 2009, 11:28:07 pm »

Also: rack management.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4122 on: January 11, 2009, 11:40:51 pm »

actually now that I have thought about it, actually what happened in that conversation is that I said I was really bad at it, and she was like "oh, yeah... scrabble is tough" or something.

From the scrabble players I know that is code.
The code means: 'I am going to own your ass.'

The way people kind of talk down how good they are at a thing but simultaneously admit the thing is tough so you don't feel bad when they totally outclass you. 'Oh man 900 to 20, well... Scrabble is tough.'
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 11:44:49 pm by Doc »
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4123 on: January 12, 2009, 12:17:17 am »

my friends get many times my score, and do not understand why. "daniel, you're supposed to put down the best word possible. is that really the best word you see? six points?"
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 12:32:22 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4124 on: January 12, 2009, 12:34:02 am »

And you lose another shot at flirting because you're afraid of the pretext.

While your roommates work closer to figuring out a little rack management of their own.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 878   Go Up