Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

How Does He Smell?

Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1347001 times)

0 Members and 199 Guests are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4215 on: January 23, 2009, 04:29:17 pm »

And someday?

Jukebox Hero.

(I'm predicting a great nostalgia for jukeboxes in about fifteen years, if there's still an America, of course.)
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4216 on: January 23, 2009, 05:25:14 pm »

Jukeboxes aren't dead.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4217 on: January 23, 2009, 11:32:21 pm »

...interview the woman who raised Nim Chimpsky. Although not for a story about Nim Chimpsky, unfortunately, it was still very cool.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4218 on: January 24, 2009, 01:53:19 am »

man, cooking is a lot harder than it looks on TV.

but on TV the counters aren't covered in recycling and drying dishes, and their sinks are not full of dirty dishes.

THE REAL WORLD!
YEAH!

I am hoping this food will come out well, despite it all.

I think I am just too ADD for cooking. I keep doing things like...

wandering off to post on internet message boards while things are on the stove. Oops.

update: actually it is delicious.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 03:59:05 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4219 on: January 24, 2009, 08:02:52 am »

This is why I rarely engage in "cooking" other than grilling.  Hell, I don't even have ADD and I don't have the patience for it.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4220 on: January 24, 2009, 03:00:13 pm »

Today I'm gonna say goodbye to Baby Hero, and hello to Toddler Hero. 

This has become a forum about a baby.

Woo on being one year closer to her changing your nappies instead of the other way around.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4221 on: January 24, 2009, 06:25:37 pm »

yeah, actually that food came out awesome. everyone was hell of impressed.

also I accidentally made many, many times as much rice as I needed.

this guy is so cool

Another fellow who held out almost as long said upon returning to Japan, "It is with much embarrassment that I have returned alive."
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 08:00:51 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4222 on: January 24, 2009, 10:22:14 pm »

There's no NFL this weekend and I am behind (plus the deadline was technically Friday) so I am going in to work today and probably tomorrow too!

Good thing it's fun.  The stuff I'm doing makes me want to giggle and clap sometimes.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4223 on: January 25, 2009, 12:29:43 am »

this guy is so cool

There's a line there about him being involved in a shoot out in 1953 and then the next setence describes his activities in 1972. It just skips 20 years during which he apparently did nothing noteworthy enough to record besides hiding in the hills. Crazy.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 01:56:09 am by Doc »
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4224 on: January 25, 2009, 01:58:39 am »

I'm doing a 10 mile hike through wind, rain and rocks in 5 hours.= and must get some sleep.

Hold me.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4225 on: January 25, 2009, 03:09:28 am »

I'm doing a 10 mile hike through wind, rain and rocks in 5 hours.= and must get some sleep.

Hold me.

Why doncha have a few drinks -- it'll help you sleep.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4226 on: January 25, 2009, 03:19:17 am »

I'm sure that's already in the plans.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4227 on: January 25, 2009, 03:42:19 am »

If the the unintelligible posts start popping up, we'll know for sure.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4228 on: January 25, 2009, 03:42:35 am »

apparently we are having a party tonight. i was not informed of this until... 4 PM?

I hope it is good. That is my hope.

edit:
apparently other people just don't know how to throw good parties. Every time we have a party it is just... loud, people wall-to-wall, awesome electro party dance fun fun fun.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 08:21:28 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4229 on: January 26, 2009, 12:58:48 am »

Today I have a day off for national barbecue day. Drinking beers, eating sausages and listening to the hottest 100, good times.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 878   Go Up