Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Once you been to a few weddings, you realize ain’t nobody gives a damn if you readin’ custom vows or the 1987 “Let’s Go!” guide to Bahrain. Just use that stuff about Do/Don’t and Sickness or Health and you gonna get the job done.  -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 ... 284 285 [286] 287 288 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1347882 times)

0 Members and 196 Guests are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4275 on: January 31, 2009, 04:15:20 pm »

Choop:

Good luck with the becoming-a-grownup thing.  Let me know how it works out for you; I've been thinking of trying it myself, but it sounds too hard. 

Seriously, that is one heck of a task you've set for yourself, and I admire the self-examination and determination it took to get there.  Hope it works out for you. 

 -- Jayell
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4276 on: January 31, 2009, 09:26:52 pm »

Hopefully, read 300-some pages of my Primate Biology textbook. Eesh.

It's scary, because the first two chapters were basically... lists of primates and their distinguishing characteristics. What I extracted from the chapters was "there are a lot of kinds of primates, and they are each cool in their own ways. Here is a list of the ways that the four genuses of Callitrichids are cool and unique, do not DARE to confuse them with each other. It is important that you be able to distinguish between these groups before moving on to later chapters."

It reminds me of the jazz guitar book I bought, where the first page was a diagram of 30 different types of chords, with the note "learn to play these forms in every key before moving on."

Later, I will play music with the cool kids across the street.

last night I went to two art exhibition openings, which were... stressful. too many people who know a lot about art.
I was very glad because when I asked my friend which piece was hers, she pointed to the only piece that wasn't completely ridiculous and ugly.
I said "oh, good! I would have hated to have to lie to you and pretend to like your ugly art. It's beautiful."
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 10:31:33 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4277 on: February 01, 2009, 12:05:21 am »

thanks jl. it's kind of out of necessity i'm doing this. i didn't want to grow up. i still don't want to wear a tie, or a serious expression in the middle of july. still, it's for the benefit of not just me but my missus and kids* and the security all four of us need.



*not to worry, i'm talking kids of the canine variety
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4278 on: February 01, 2009, 12:33:58 am »

I know this is not anything that every blog is not saying, but the new Animal Collective album is so damn good.
It's like they aged a bunch all at once and realized that the frantic yelping and cymbal-smashing thing doesn't belong on every song.

I wanted to second this in case there was any doubt. I haven't liked much of their work, really, aside from Person Pitch by Panda Bear, but I love this new album. And to think that some people miss all of that bullshit from their older records. I'm going to see them in Vegas this May.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4279 on: February 01, 2009, 06:20:09 am »

So, apparently when I helped set up for their show over a year ago, and then left because I thought their music was obnoxious... they played my two favorite songs off of this record.
HI-LARIOUS!

Today was kind of a wash. Why do I have a class at 10 AM on a sunday.


My friend cut my hair. Last time she did it, I looked like a beatle. it was very cool. this time, I look like I go to special school.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4280 on: February 01, 2009, 06:52:38 am »

I thought you did go to a special school.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4281 on: February 01, 2009, 07:10:57 am »

this tangent is useless without pics
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4282 on: February 01, 2009, 07:55:18 am »

My friend cut my hair. Last time she did it, I looked like a beatle. it was very cool. this time, I look like I go to special school.
You might want to avoid button up sweaters and corduroy ##### for a while.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4283 on: February 01, 2009, 08:07:25 am »

luckily I do not own either of those.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4284 on: February 01, 2009, 08:33:39 am »

how short is your bus dan
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4285 on: February 01, 2009, 04:19:39 pm »

OMG I got soooooo wasted last night

and I hope that guy doesn't put an embarrassing video of me up on YouTube

it's just like being in college

but I don't think that's what my friend had in mind when she had the idea to celebrate "the 12th anniversary of our 18th birthdays..."
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4286 on: February 02, 2009, 06:29:26 am »

I failed some kind of test.
Friday night I came home to find my roommate smoking out of a huge bong in our living room. I did not take him up on his offer of a hit.
Now he just smokes alone in his room with the door closed.
every night.

now that I have realized that he does this, earlier strange behavior makes a lot more sense.

also: today I went to the zoo with my Primate Biology class. it was pretty wonderful.

I am trying to keep up with the reading in all of my classes this semester... so far I don't really feel like I am learning more, but I am spending a hell of a lot more time reading, and worrying about reading. And saying "no, sorry, can't hang out... need to go home and read."
Who would have thought a 75-page chapter about Basic Phrase Structure Rules in English could be so boring.

Does anyone know what was going on with that weird fight during the Super Bowl, where the one player kept pushing the other down when he tried to get up? They showed a replay after he got a penalty, but did not explain or even say anything about it.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 07:05:18 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4287 on: February 02, 2009, 03:10:11 pm »

Does anyone know what was going on with that weird fight during the Super Bowl, where the one player kept pushing the other down when he tried to get up? They showed a replay after he got a penalty, but did not explain or even say anything about it.

It was probably just the culmination of lots of jawing back and forth, and various hurts inflicted during or after the play.  Either with that guy directly, or just in general.  Like, maybe someone punched the Steeler guy in the nuts on a previous play and he was trying to take revenge.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4288 on: February 02, 2009, 03:29:53 pm »

Who would have thought a 75-page chapter about Basic Phrase Structure Rules in English could be so boring.

Me!
Logged

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4289 on: February 03, 2009, 07:47:35 pm »

Today I'm 2+ hours late for work with no good reason.  But I emailed in so it's cool.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.
Pages: 1 ... 284 285 [286] 287 288 ... 878   Go Up