Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Supporting" bacon is easy. Who's going to get on the mayonnaise bandwagon with me?

Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349416 times)

0 Members and 164 Guests are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4290 on: February 03, 2009, 09:58:30 pm »

See my words, more or less the way I wrote them, in (virtual) print at The Escapist. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4291 on: February 04, 2009, 05:41:21 am »

See my words, more or less the way I wrote them, in (virtual) print at The Escapist. 

Classy stuff. I don't think the bit about his cousin was in there when you posted it a while ago? I like it, it fleshes the idea out and lets you extrapolate on the real life skills that aren't going to be apparent in a 4 year old. It makes your argument a bit more solid than if it was just about the one person too.
Now I'm going to go have the vapours due to proximal internet celebrity. *swoon*
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 06:23:39 am by Doc »
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4292 on: February 04, 2009, 10:09:02 pm »

Yeah, the whole article was re-written for a gaming audience (as opposed to a general audience), and I dropped some of the more general stuff about how universities and research institutes are using gaming with autistic teens in order to focus on the personal stories of my son and nephew.  It fit the theme of the publication better that way, and I saved quite a bit on word count not having to explain the nuances of each game. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4293 on: February 05, 2009, 05:56:04 am »

You're gonna make us search for it?  You didn't even tell us the name of the article.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4294 on: February 05, 2009, 06:27:06 am »

Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4295 on: February 05, 2009, 07:15:20 am »

That was a very well written article and it looks like it was quite well received. 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4296 on: February 05, 2009, 02:33:28 pm »

You're gonna make us search for it?  You didn't even tell us the name of the article.

Sorry.  I mean to link directly to the piece, but linked to the main page instead. 

But if you go to the main page, you can see my article (with snappy graphic) listed as the fourth feature in the menu thingy.  Which is neat. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4297 on: February 05, 2009, 06:51:29 pm »

... spend my entire day reading #nerdpickuplines on Twitter. It's a little sad how funny I find these.

And even sadder that I can't come up with one of my own to save my life.
Logged

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4298 on: February 06, 2009, 11:37:41 am »

...read JL's article, and make some connections.  Huh.

Also, I will stay up way too late again but not be able to be late to work.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4299 on: February 06, 2009, 11:43:09 am »

Tidy up after last night's antics, get some food, go to Wales for a mountaineering trip in Brecon Beacons which I really, really don't want to do
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4300 on: February 06, 2009, 02:10:13 pm »

Meet some friends, have some drinks, eat some curry and play a whole mess of boom blox.

Why didn't anyone tell me about Boom Blox?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4301 on: February 06, 2009, 02:28:41 pm »

Wait for a phone call from a NASCAR driver who is a spokesman for a spay neuter thing. Of course as an elite Northeastern urban snob I have never heard of him, but my kitchen foreman says he is HUGE.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4302 on: February 06, 2009, 04:22:44 pm »

...find out that this Achewood premium post:

Quote
Lux Interior has died. Téodor and Beef are getting together to throw back Goo Goo Mucks until they get The Cramps. —RIP—

refers to a real person and not a character in the strip that I have forgotten. Thank you, NYTimes Obituary Twitter feed.

But you can't blame me - doesn't Lux Interior sound like someone who won The Great Outdoor Fight?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4303 on: February 06, 2009, 06:49:07 pm »

Tidy up after last night's antics, get some food, go to Wales for a mountaineering trip in Brecon Beacons which I really, really don't want to do
Will you eat bacon while baking in the Brecon Beacons?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4304 on: February 06, 2009, 07:16:14 pm »

Lux Interior sounds like someone who lost The Great Outdoor Fight.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 878   Go Up