Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Trains are saying "hello".  All this time, we just snub them.

Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349581 times)

0 Members and 158 Guests are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4320 on: February 21, 2009, 02:36:19 pm »

I noticed, but you'd already commented on it with the ugliest dog comment somewhere.

It actually took me a minute to realise we didn't have a new poster creating threads and posting in the today thread like they hadn't just wandered in the door.

Is this a look into your true self wombat? If we looked into the eyes of the abyss would we see a bemused pug?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4321 on: February 21, 2009, 03:00:59 pm »

I think the expression on her face goes well with my location, although maybe 'a home for worried people' would be even better.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4322 on: February 21, 2009, 06:12:07 pm »

OMG, you have avatars turned off?  I would never be able to keep track of the minor characters without the avatars.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4323 on: February 21, 2009, 10:16:15 pm »

You're looking at it all WRONG, Short Round.

You are quoting 1951 classic Korean war movie The Steel Helmet.  I saw that a couple of weeks ago, great movie.  It took me a minute to place.  I was like "short round... short round... where have I heard that before?"


Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4324 on: February 21, 2009, 10:49:47 pm »

um, sorry for posting that bull, and for posting in the state I was in.
I thought I was in great shape, and then immediately ran to the bathroom to puke my guts out. Unpleasant.

it is interesting, though, that I was able to recognize that I was making lots of typos... but when I tried to correct them I inserted even more typos.

also the version of that story which I chose to tell is one that... was very warped by desire to make it a good and funny story. I do this a lot.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4325 on: February 21, 2009, 11:09:09 pm »

OMG, you have avatars turned off?  I would never be able to keep track of the minor characters without the avatars.

Seconded.  Or the major ones.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4326 on: February 22, 2009, 12:26:43 am »

short round was also the little asian kid in the indy jones movie lucas apologized for, paul
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4327 on: February 22, 2009, 01:46:01 am »

...why did he apologize for it?

Not enough rastafarian steppinfetchit space lizard-bunnies for his later more evolved tastes?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4328 on: February 22, 2009, 06:33:48 am »

because it was a travesty and a horrible sequel to raiders of the lost ark and he knew it
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4329 on: February 22, 2009, 06:42:09 am »

At least he learned his lesson.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4330 on: February 23, 2009, 01:18:33 am »

Wombat, hasn't that been your avatar on Twitter for a while? I'm guessing that's why it didn't look weird. Plus I haven't been online much for like 3 days
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4331 on: February 23, 2009, 02:15:54 am »

Yeah, I use that avatar everywhere else now.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4332 on: February 23, 2009, 06:45:47 am »

When I first joined Touamb, I thought briefly about pointing out that her avatar was not, in fact, a wombat.  Knowing that the worst mistake a n00b can make is publicly failing to get an inside joke relating to avatars, I sort of mentally blocked out whatever appeared in Wombat's avatar location.  At least, that's my excuse.  Pugs trump sloths in any case.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4333 on: February 23, 2009, 01:05:56 pm »

This is the sad thing: that my avatar is no longer "not a wombat" in an interesting sense.

I might go back. Who knows. Psychologically, it is part of my attempt to put the Old Internet behind me as I join the brave new world of crummy stuff like Facebook.  But I may decide to cling to the notion that there is one place that is still a dark comfy burrow where no one knows that you are a dog.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4334 on: February 23, 2009, 02:09:55 pm »

I did that mid-last year. Changed all my usernames and consolidated all my profile pictures to send a consistent brand message. Except for you TOUAMB, because I don't need to change for you to love me. Or at least view me with only mild dismissiveness.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 878   Go Up