Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Sometimes I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about and I'm cool with that.

Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1347777 times)

0 Members and 186 Guests are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4335 on: February 23, 2009, 05:23:38 pm »

a consistent brand message

This is what I'm struggling with now.  I'm trying to associate my Real Name (TM) with things that will make me look good to potential publishers. 

One of the reasons I changed my display name here last year.  Too much ranting, too much meandering prattle about my kids. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4336 on: February 23, 2009, 09:17:16 pm »

Never!
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4337 on: February 23, 2009, 09:48:39 pm »

I never thought of this before, but my entire life has been the opposite of a consistent brand message.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4338 on: February 24, 2009, 04:56:13 am »

Jesus. Branding. I'm so fuck*ng sick of hearing my manager tell us what we should be doing to build our individual brands.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4339 on: February 24, 2009, 05:44:19 am »

Just to be clear I was saying branding in a heavily ironic way. I have no (financial at least) reason to want to look good on the net. It was more a case of previously I had a bunch of different identities on different boards and IMs that had arisen over time but when I started using facebook (of course) they started to overlap so I felt I should start being consistent to save confusion.
I still have a few rogue identities out there for when the heat comes down though.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4340 on: February 24, 2009, 07:56:27 am »

i'm still holding out against social networking sites. i don't digg or reddit, i don't tweet, i don't facebook or myspace. i lurk metafilter, but that's more for the links than the comments.

part of the reason i don't is that i like to have a distinct, unique brand identity personage at whatever few separate internet sites i contribute to. i can't say that without ending in a preposition. social networking sites like facebook don't let you have multiple accounts. hell, i have five gmail addresses and people that know one don't know another.

look i might be choop everywhere but everywhere i'm choop i'm a different choop, and why shouldn't i be? this is the internet. if people found out i'm a dog i'd be disappointed and frightened.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4341 on: February 24, 2009, 08:09:44 am »

i like the internet the way it has become.

but obviously you guys know that I don't have a problem sharing personal information with strangers. oops. my propensity to repeat everything i hear or think is getting me into trouble lately.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4342 on: February 24, 2009, 09:48:55 am »

the internet? yeah i liked its old stuff before it sold out
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4343 on: February 24, 2009, 01:34:44 pm »

i social networking sites like facebook don't let you have multiple accounts.

They don't? How would they know? One of my friends has one for herself and for each of her dogs.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4344 on: February 24, 2009, 02:02:29 pm »

They don't? How would they know? One of my friends has one for herself and for each of her dogs.


Isn't it obvious?  SHE only has one.  The dogs only have one each.  If she tried to get two for the dogs, then there'd be trouble.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4345 on: February 24, 2009, 09:42:20 pm »

neither of my dogs can even type, so color me impressed
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4346 on: February 25, 2009, 10:07:49 am »

On the internet, everyone knows you're a dog.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4347 on: February 26, 2009, 09:36:18 am »

You had sex with a girl on the strength of your similar haircuts?

I mean, maybe that and weird drunken syntax issues?

That's pretty strong pimp hand. Or pimp hair, anyway.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4348 on: February 26, 2009, 12:07:13 pm »

Maybe it is the hair?  Not drunk now.  Didn't really do anything just kind of went along with her you know.  I have no pimp hand, is what I am saying.  Just don't fuck it up when it is obvious.

Also, our hair isn't even that similar, pretty close, but not that close.  She really dug on that, I guess.


Edit: deleted drunk post about girl who was in to me because of our hair above lfms post
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4349 on: February 27, 2009, 07:54:03 am »

Man. While maybe not the equivalent of a line of coke, two large coffees, a bottle of Gatorade, and half a bag of Combos will get you home safely. Getting pulled over will also give you enough adrenaline to appear as sober as a Turk. A 25 minute walk in a light snow while it's 30°F doesn't hurt, either.

Edit: OK, I wasn't drunk when I drove home. Well, I would have passed a breathalyzer. I may have failed a field sobriety, but that's another issue entirely. I just wanted to clear that up before being taken to task by any MADD or SADD members on the board. Most of the drinking was done after the driving.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 09:38:47 am by miles »
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 878   Go Up