Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wine: Keep a red and a white on hand at all times. When choosing wines on the wine aisle, use this simple rhyme to make your selection: “Closer to the floor, is meant for the poor / closer to the lights, is more like for if Bono comes over.” -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 ... 297 298 [299] 300 301 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1345650 times)

0 Members and 209 Guests are viewing this topic.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4470 on: April 15, 2009, 10:40:28 pm »

You're not one of those libertarians in moderates' clothing are you?

Tea Party is the worst(best?) name for a party, because then we can call you a teabagger.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4471 on: April 16, 2009, 12:35:31 am »

man, protesting taxes. come on.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4472 on: April 16, 2009, 12:56:50 am »

It's your country so it don't affect me one way or the other and I do strongly believe in the need for a well rounded discussion on what is worthy use of a society's money but aren't a lot of these assholes the same guys who were aruing for the multi hundred billion dollar wars (plural damnit!) a few years back? Kind of hurts their credibility, no? But now the OTHER guy wants to spend tax money on something...
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4473 on: April 16, 2009, 01:04:18 am »

I basically hate my entire campus. goddamn.

they asked us for our opinions on the proposed smoking ban, then put it into effect (or rather, announced that they are going through with it.)

Now, tomorrow the Conservative Leadership Council (whatever that is) is having "Conservative Coming-Out Day" because apparently conservatives are oppressed on our campus, just like homosexuals in general society.

also, for the 3rd year in a row they are totally boning the radio station on our budget.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4474 on: April 16, 2009, 01:06:28 am »

also, for the 3rd year in a row they are totally boning the radio station on our budget.

At least you're finally gettin' some.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4475 on: April 16, 2009, 01:12:45 am »

true, true.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4476 on: April 16, 2009, 01:29:20 am »

The plight of the white american male conservative is so funny. They're basically doing the exact thing they accuse their political adversaries of doing, which is: "Help help, I'm being oppressed!"
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4477 on: April 16, 2009, 01:31:59 am »

yeah.

they published this editorial in the paper essentially saying "it is so unfair that because I am a republican I am assumed to be socially conservative and anti-gay-rights"

I submitted a letter saying "Don't be surprised to be judged by the company you keep" in prettier words, but it was not published.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4478 on: April 16, 2009, 02:10:41 am »

Quote from: lprkn
The plight of the white american male conservative is so funny.

"Wah wah wah! My Hummer is too old, I want to buy a new one but I might have to put it off for two months if I pay my fair share! Shut down the public schools, you don't need school to sell me a burrito! Wah wah wah!"
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4479 on: April 16, 2009, 12:47:59 pm »

I had the best day. Went for orientation at a new job, called a friend to go get coffee, went to the beach instead.
So. Good.

I mean, I had actual points to make about this morning, but who cares? It's just political nonsense and people being crazy about their self image, that's nothing new. Beaches are and will always be awesome, life is good.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 01:32:14 pm by Doc »
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4480 on: April 16, 2009, 03:39:33 pm »

It was fun but, I think, the idea is ultimately doomed unless the movement can coalesce around policy instead of party dogma and focus regionally instead of nationally. Some are trying that tack, so we'll see. It ain't worked so far.

Thank you, sir.  To a great degree, these protests have seemed to be devoid of any notion of what taxes are for, and what spending folks would cut in order to not pay taxes and yet make our budget whole.  This here post has a graph showing where the budget money goes, and for the most part, things like volcano warning systems that McCain and company like to point and laugh at are a drop in the bucket.  It comes down to defense, social security, and medical programs.  You want to cut one of those?  Fine, let's have a realistic discussion about it.  But just ranting about "taxes," like the man in the castle is forcibly taking your money and taking a Scrooge McDuck bath in it, doesn't get us anywhere.

Also from that post, "My taxes pay for pirate-killing snipers."  hells yes
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4481 on: April 16, 2009, 05:00:22 pm »

like the man in the castle is forcibly taking your money and taking a Scrooge McDuck bath in it

When you put it that way, hey, I'd throw in a couple bucks to see that.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4482 on: April 16, 2009, 10:28:15 pm »

This here post has a graph showing where the budget money goes,

Wow, education is 2 percent? That is totally insane for a country that I thought was dominated by public schools. I doubt my gubmint is doing it any better but wow.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4483 on: April 16, 2009, 11:17:17 pm »

That makes sense. Good to hear.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4484 on: April 17, 2009, 12:42:01 am »

...stumble upon a picture of a barbed c*ck that puts cats to shame.
http://scienceblogs.com/zooillogix/2009/02/size_and_number_of_tortuous_sp.php
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 ... 297 298 [299] 300 301 ... 878   Go Up