Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Surprising fact: wearing clothes burns 12 more calories per day than nudity.

Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1347666 times)

0 Members and 168 Guests are viewing this topic.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4485 on: April 17, 2009, 01:00:29 am »

heh...seed beetles
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4486 on: April 17, 2009, 03:59:25 am »

Holy shit, that's a fucked up insect dick.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4487 on: April 17, 2009, 06:45:45 am »

SO NOT CLICKING
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4488 on: April 17, 2009, 07:21:02 am »

Is it wrong that I am applying human moral standards to this beetle and judging it as misogynist? (This is also the reason why I hate dolphins.)
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4489 on: April 17, 2009, 12:35:56 pm »

Is it wrong that I am applying human moral standards to this beetle and judging it as misogynist? (This is also the reason why I hate dolphins.)

If you don't know why dolphins suck, check out my blog today and Monday.

Can't decide whether to blog that insect dick. People may never come back to the site again.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 08:12:10 pm by wombat »
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4490 on: April 17, 2009, 07:04:39 pm »

I say post it. If you post it and they come back, they're yours. If you post it and they bolt, then it was never meant to be.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4491 on: April 17, 2009, 08:46:33 pm »

renew my passport. the lady tried to talk me out of expediting it... because it would MAYBE come on time if I didn't. no thanks, i would like to pay extra to make sure i can go to france.

main event of day: I am chickenshit.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 01:47:48 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4492 on: April 18, 2009, 02:42:03 am »

'Nev, you are a gentleman and a scholar for saving me the effort of editing that for you.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4493 on: April 18, 2009, 03:16:09 am »

actually, on further reflection, the thing that happened today has nothing to do with me being chickenshit. illusory correlation.

carry on.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4494 on: April 18, 2009, 04:12:36 am »

Today I get up at 6 on a saturday morning because I'm back working for the man.
Only 8 hours a week, but still it's the principle of the thing. I feel my uni bum credentials slipping away.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4495 on: April 18, 2009, 07:17:40 pm »

that sounds horrible.

on sunday I have to get up real early to go to Primate Biology class... boo.
But not early enough to count as early in the real world. So, oh well. A three-person class possibly hungover will be fun.

Today we are hopefully going to one of the 2 most-esteemed record stores in St Louis, neither of which I have ever been to. One is possibly connected to neo-nazi groups.

In other news: I am realizing that it is awfully hard to sub-let my apartment for this summer when... there is no way it can have furniture. No one wants to live in an unfurnished apartment.
This makes me wish I had a car, and money.

Also I am resisting the urge to EDUCATE this dude who is from Chapel Hill, and doesn't believe me that his hometown used to be KNOWN for awesome indie rock bands.
He has never heard of any of the bands I can name, is the issue. Superchunk! Polvo! Archers of Loaf!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4496 on: April 20, 2009, 04:54:11 am »

Tomorrow morning I'm gonna put in an offer on a house that hit the market yesterday.

On the plus side, the woman who used to own it chained herself to the door to try to prevent being evicted.  Everyone was all sad until someone checked it out and found she'd mortgaged the value of the house twice over and had stopped making payments a year prior to the eviction notice.

Now it belongs to the bank and tomorrow I will try to make it belong to me.  Yay!
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4497 on: April 20, 2009, 07:51:43 am »

you know how popcorn bags have that warning about how superheated steam is going to shoot into your face when you open them.

holy god my nose. oh my shit, my fuck*ng nose.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4498 on: April 20, 2009, 09:23:49 pm »

you know how popcorn bags have that warning about how superheated steam is going to shoot into your face when you open them.

holy god my nose. oh my shit, my fuck*ng nose.
Ouch.  I've had the steam drift gently across my thumb knuckles - requiring hours of ice therapy and ginger avoidance of blisters. 
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4499 on: April 20, 2009, 09:37:16 pm »

...realize it's official. Probably should have passed on the photographer and myself drinking it up. Oh well, 51 more weeks of fun...

I can't decide whether to describe your expression as "visionary" or "bemused."
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 878   Go Up