Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do not bone your neighbor's wife. That is hella lame.

Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1347627 times)

0 Members and 174 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4500 on: April 21, 2009, 05:55:07 am »

People make fun of me for my refusal to say things like "Butthole Surfers" on the air. I have also been told that "bitch" is OK to say.

Shit, though, is apparently NOT OK to say. Half a dozen people ran in to stare at me in horror as I listed off "You just heard the song Shitbeard, off of the album Sexy Pee Story."
I didn't think the "7 dirty words" were a literal rule. This FCC stuff is pretty stupid.
(at least I didn't play their other album that we have, Cunning Stunts. I always mix up the first syllables.)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4501 on: April 21, 2009, 01:02:20 pm »

People make fun of me for my refusal to say things like "Butthole Surfers" on the air. I have also been told that "bitch" is OK to say.

Shit, though, is apparently NOT OK to say. Half a dozen people ran in to stare at me in horror as I listed off "You just heard the song Shitbeard, off of the album Sexy Pee Story."
I didn't think the "7 dirty words" were a literal rule. This FCC stuff is pretty stupid.
(at least I didn't play their other album that we have, Cunning Stunts. I always mix up the first syllables.)

I remember several years back when a CBS show said "shit" on the air and it was huge news. The rule at the time was they could only say it as long as it was an abstract concept and didn't refer to actual excrement. Kind of like how PG-13 movies will sometimes get away with an "oh fuck!"
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4502 on: April 21, 2009, 04:31:31 pm »

People make fun of me for my refusal to say things like "Butthole Surfers" on the air. I have also been told that "bitch" is OK to say.

Shit, though, is apparently NOT OK to say. Half a dozen people ran in to stare at me in horror as I listed off "You just heard the song Shitbeard, off of the album Sexy Pee Story."
I didn't think the "7 dirty words" were a literal rule. This FCC stuff is pretty stupid.
(at least I didn't play their other album that we have, Cunning Stunts. I always mix up the first syllables.)

Maybe you'll get lucky and the FCC won't catch you.  As long as there wasn't an FCC inspector within a 15 foot radius of the building you should be fine.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4503 on: April 21, 2009, 06:28:07 pm »

oh, I am mostly mad that I had to turn myself in to the personnel director. I think the fcc forgets we exist.

why am I facebook friends with someone who accuses me of being intellectually dishonest, naiive, an elitist, close-minded, and someone who thinks things through poorly.

not to mention that at some point I stopped arguing with him, but he kept coming back and posting additional jabs.

i need some sort of ***** to poke me in the head when i try to argue on the internet. NEVER WORTH IT.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 08:57:16 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4504 on: April 21, 2009, 11:07:33 pm »

why am I facebook friends with someone who accuses me of being intellectually dishonest, naiive, an elitist, close-minded, and someone who thinks things through poorly.

Because you are friends with college students.

I used to have friends who got along fine in real life but had epic and ongoing livejournal arguments. My favourite outcome was one person being called a 'pseudo-rapist'. I never really bothered to find out why.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4505 on: April 21, 2009, 11:39:42 pm »

ugh. this guy.

if I de-friend him, or just say "you're an asshole," he will tell our mutual friends that he bested me.

just because I am very bad at arguing doesn't mean you're right.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4506 on: April 22, 2009, 01:07:54 am »

There is a childhood friend that I don't talk to anymore.

He was a PhD student for Philosophy.   

He asked me why I wasn't getting married to my long term partner of at the time six years.  I explained that we had issues with the institution of marriage and don't want to go that route.

The resulting conversation eventually ended with him telling me that I couldn't hold strong opinions because I hadn't yet defined for myself the concept of "Good".

Higher Education can result in brilliant idiocy.

LATER...
Ladyfriend:  How was dinner?
Me: I... I... don't know.  I'm not prepared to answer that for myself.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4507 on: April 22, 2009, 01:17:55 am »

ugh. this guy.

if I de-friend him, or just say "you're an asshole," he will tell our mutual friends that he bested me.

just because I am very bad at arguing doesn't mean you're right.

Just say "you're an asshole".  He'll get over it.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4508 on: April 22, 2009, 01:18:51 am »

this guy is also a philosophy student.

fuck philosophy. i think i might be getting a STONE COLD F in that class.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4509 on: April 22, 2009, 03:21:32 am »

I enjoy learning about philosophy, but not showing what I've learned. Especially through papers and essays. Which I should be doing right now, instead being on a board about cartoon cats.

This semester:
Hobbes
Locke
Rousseau
Mill/Utilitarianism
Marx (we are on this now)
Modern Dudes: Rawls (modern liberalism), Sandel (communitarianism/modern republicanism), Nozick (?)
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4510 on: April 22, 2009, 04:39:13 am »

Those are all cricketers!
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4511 on: April 22, 2009, 08:17:49 am »

I have been asked to represent the radio station as a judge for a campus-wide battle of the bands thing. the winners get to open for the black keys (kind of).

So, yeah, I had a nightmare that I was mean to the bands, and everyone started chanting that I was a hipster douchebag.

I kind of want to get all Simon LeCowell on their asses.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4512 on: April 22, 2009, 08:38:31 am »

You really, really should, at least in a fun kind of way. Play it up, wear a turtleneck.
Everyone loves a villain.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4513 on: April 22, 2009, 06:32:48 pm »

I just realized that being called a "hipster douchebag" wouldn't make me feel bad at all, but being called just a regular douchebag would. Somehow the qualifier turns off some switch in my mind.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4514 on: April 22, 2009, 07:40:31 pm »

Douchebags and douche....baguettes?

http://www.hotchickswithdouchebags.com/

Hipster douchebags are now in season.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 878   Go Up