Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Artists need to make money to eat and to continue to make art. Artists used to rely on middlemen to collect their money on their behalf, thereby rendering themselves innocent of cash-handling in the public eye. Artists will now be coming straight to you (yes YOU, you who want their music, their films, their books) for their paychecks. Please welcome them. Please help them. Please do not make them feel badly about asking you directly for money.” -Amanda Palmer

Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1346281 times)

0 Members and 177 Guests are viewing this topic.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4785 on: June 11, 2009, 09:56:22 pm »

Apparently last night I was hitting on my roommates ex girlfriend kind of.  I don't know, she has been texting me all day and wants to go see a movie tonight but she broke up with my roommate tuesday.  It is, uh, bad.  Though they only went out for 2 weeks and he never liked her, so it might be alright.

Damn 50 cent pbrs.  Seriously though, I know three bars on three separate nights that have drinks cheaper than or equal to liquor store prices, whats up with that?  One of those nights is saturday too.  Also, on Monday this one bar has free drinks for an hour.

Also, I have a bump/ cut on my head.  I don't know why.  Usually I remember if I fall down.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4786 on: June 11, 2009, 11:42:24 pm »

Keith: it's the hormones in all that hoss urine, racheting up the libido.

'Nev: it ain't about how late you go to bed, it's about how much you put into the day. if you filled your quota of boneheadedly not perceiving that a pretty lady is trying to have sex with you for the day, there is no shame in shuffling off to Dreamalo and doing your sleep thing. in France, does the exchange rate bring your quota up from three to five?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4787 on: June 12, 2009, 08:44:49 am »

Quote
'Nev: it ain't about how late you go to bed, it's about how much you put into the day. if you filled your quota of boneheadedly not perceiving that a pretty lady is trying to have sex with you for the day, there is no shame in shuffling off to Dreamalo and doing your sleep thing. in France, does the exchange rate bring your quota up from three to five?

Something like that. A day spent writing essays, running around the louvre, eating disgustingly expensive food, etc. is probably a nice way to have spent yesterday. I also need to get used to the fact that getting up at 7 is a good excuse to go to bed at midnight.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4788 on: June 12, 2009, 02:24:47 pm »

Today I decide not to keep drinking because I need to work tomorrow. Why is it inevitable that I regret that decision either way?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4789 on: June 12, 2009, 07:45:47 pm »

...have problems with my OCD. I stayed up longer than I wanted to because I was scared, and I had scary nightmares and woke up completely freaked out. It took like an hour to calm down. On the plus side, I think I might have a career as a master of macabre horror.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4790 on: June 12, 2009, 08:22:41 pm »

Try to take a picture of Doc.

He wasn't having anything to do with it. How the hell does a hoss get camera shy?

How the hell does he run at that angle and not fall down?
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4791 on: June 13, 2009, 02:01:31 am »

Today I'm going to start looking for a new place to live. Because I'm now single and can't afford my current apartment alone.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4792 on: June 13, 2009, 10:18:45 am »

despite my repeated warnings along the lines of "their website has not been updated in 2 months, which worries me," a gaggle of girls from my trip followed me to a club which was, in fact, closed for renovations. It was in a pretty unpleasant part of town. OOPS. Our newly-come-out gay friend got hit on by a much older dude, at least?

On the metro we had a nice conversation with an extremely drunk french girl. She informed us of her love of Cezanne and American rap. She laughed when one of the few words in french we knew was "Laicite" (separation of church and state).
Also: "I am from paris, I am... parisian. (while resting her face on her bag and closing her eyes)" and "It is my dream to go to new york city, i think it is very beautiful"
"french is... is beautiful language, but english is my favorite"
 "YOU ARE COOL! GOODBYE AMERICANS!"

other big experience: 2nd person to pointedly say "Yes We Can!" at us in conversation.
It is weird, they will be speaking french as we walk bye, and then pointedly drop in that phrase. Cute.

Yesterday I went to Louis Vuitton (scary), and some hip little clothing shop with a paratrooper display in the window in honor of D-Day. Then spent many hours walking around paris looking for a shop which was apparently back where we started looking.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4793 on: June 13, 2009, 01:54:57 pm »

JL says to say hi and that she misses us but things are crazy right now. She sends her love and nice care package of giraffe placenta
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4794 on: June 13, 2009, 03:16:59 pm »

I didn't know she was that tall.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4795 on: June 14, 2009, 09:06:46 am »

Find out that even though California real estate is crazy, I still got a whole house for not much more than some dude in Boston paid for a parking space.  The house has a garage in it, a roof over it, and a yard outside of it.  The parking space does not.

I feel much better about my purchase, even though it is all the dollars I have ever made.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4796 on: June 14, 2009, 10:03:28 am »

Quote
I feel much better about my purchase, even though it is all the dollars I have ever made.

This much money is meant to purchase a house. YES. YOU ARE THE OWNER OF A HOUSE, IN PROCESS OF BECOMING A HOME.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4797 on: June 14, 2009, 10:59:31 am »

When I get older I want to buy a piece of land and build myself a dang house from logs. I figure I've got ten to fifteen years to learn how to do it.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4798 on: June 14, 2009, 11:11:13 am »

my friend did this, and it seems like it was much harder than one would think.

I want to build myself a house out of cinder blocks. Is this a weird aspiration?
Simple layout with one room and maybe a loft. No electricity, maybe just a sink for water. Bed, shelves, table, chair. SOLITUDE.

Michael Pollan wrote a book about this called "A Place of my Own" which I would like to read.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4799 on: June 14, 2009, 01:28:48 pm »

Inev, your dream home reminds me of the museum exhibit I saw which had the actual Unabomber's cabin, so I would say yes, that is a weird and possibly even troubling aspiration.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 878   Go Up