Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Chris Onstad does not wear makeup. Life hasn't given him any funny ideas about who he is.

Pages: 1 ... 319 320 [321] 322 323 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1342609 times)

0 Members and 184 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4800 on: June 14, 2009, 01:43:39 pm »

I mean, to clarify: the cinder-block thing comes from seeing houses in appalachia which seemed to be made of cinderblocks, which made me wonder if that would be an easy way to make a house. I would make it very home-y and stuff.

Today: reflect on the fact that I have created mega drama in my trip-group by not wanting to smooch a person who is obviously issue-having.
Somehow the scene where she started screaming at me in the middle of the street, accused me of stealing her money, etc. only confirmed that my decision was correct.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4801 on: June 14, 2009, 02:56:18 pm »

I would make it very home-y and stuff.


With 'no electicity, maybe just a sink for water'?

Don't forget when you send out your anonymous manifesto, there are all these messageboard posts to which to compare its writing style.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4802 on: June 14, 2009, 03:54:42 pm »

Today I'm recovering from attending my first ever professional sporting event. A lot of you have been ragging on me on The Facebook already because it was soccer. But I've never heard so much chanting or singing. Much of it in spanish. Apparently if you don't jump you are an hijo de puta. Which is good to know.

People also seemed to be either really excited or totally disinterested about the upcoming game against Real Madrid.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4803 on: June 14, 2009, 09:21:31 pm »

¡CANTEN PUTA!
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4804 on: June 14, 2009, 11:49:57 pm »

Don't forget when you send out your anonymous manifesto, there are all these messageboard posts to which to compare its writing style.

This grammar... it's prescriptive. Oh no.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4805 on: June 15, 2009, 01:12:05 am »

Hells yes, Cort.  I haven't been to a United game in some time (since the Nats moved to town, most of my sporting-event time and money go there), but I was once a card-carrying Screaming Eagle. 

I think people aren't all hopped up about Real Madrid, because they will probably bring their junior/B-team, which isn't really like playing Real Madrid.  It's like if the Yankees came to town to play your local semi-pro team, but called up a bunch of kids from double-A for the occasion.  Of course, if Real Madrid brought their real staring 11, United would totally have their ass handed to them.

Today I mowed the lawn, trimmed the hedges, weeded the garden, put down three bags of mulch in the garden and around the maple tree out front, cleaned out the charcoal grill, and made dinner.  Damn I'm tired.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4806 on: June 15, 2009, 02:05:07 am »

Hells yes, Cort.  I haven't been to a United game in some time (since the Nats moved to town, most of my sporting-event time and money go there), but I was once a card-carrying Screaming Eagle. 

I think people aren't all hopped up about Real Madrid, because they will probably bring their junior/B-team, which isn't really like playing Real Madrid.  It's like if the Yankees came to town to play your local semi-pro team, but called up a bunch of kids from double-A for the occasion.  Of course, if Real Madrid brought their real staring 11, United would totally have their ass handed to them.

Today I mowed the lawn, trimmed the hedges, weeded the garden, put down three bags of mulch in the garden and around the maple tree out front, cleaned out the charcoal grill, and made dinner.  Damn I'm tired.

Interesting. My friend was saying he wasn't too interested because he figured that United would only play their name players for like 8 minutes. Madrid doing the same hadn't really occurred to him.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4807 on: June 15, 2009, 02:48:59 pm »

Today I'm gonna get told very definitely that 'broad' is a word I should never use, ever, even in jest.
I thought I was just being charmingly anachronistic. Raymond Chandler has screwed me again.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4808 on: June 15, 2009, 03:33:13 pm »

You were being charmingly anachronistic. That person overreacted. Unless their father was killed by a hardboiled detective or something.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4809 on: June 15, 2009, 03:35:31 pm »

... Think about taking some time out to spend a semester teaching economics at my old high school. I'm talking to people there to see if it is even a reasonable idea. It would give me time to figure out grad school, my relationship, and everything else. Well see where this goes.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4810 on: June 15, 2009, 05:04:11 pm »

... Think about taking some time out to spend a semester teaching economics at my old high school. 
My brother did something like that - its a private school though, so whatever state certification was required for CA teachers wasn't an issue.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4811 on: June 15, 2009, 05:27:59 pm »

Don't you have to work for more than a few weeks before you get burnt out and have to take time off?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4812 on: June 15, 2009, 06:50:02 pm »

Yeah its a private school, and AW its not like this is something that would happen tomorrow, I just wondered if it was something that can even be an option when I want to do this grad school thing.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4813 on: June 16, 2009, 08:25:42 pm »

...stay home sick from work.  Just a cold, but it is causing much destruction.

Fortunately I still have some of the chicken soup I made last time in the freezer!
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4814 on: June 16, 2009, 11:17:30 pm »

I'm not at the agony stage, but my legs and back are sore from... sitting and breathing, apparently.  Whee!
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.
Pages: 1 ... 319 320 [321] 322 323 ... 878   Go Up