the Bay Area is so gorgeous. Oh my gosh. I am realizing that although I like St Louis, it is not a pretty city, mostly. Berkeley/Bay Area is like some sort of magical dreamland with pretty hills and too-expensive too-crowded houses.
Berkeley is awesome, but I think I might not like formal linguistics very much. Luckily most of my classes are more on the socio-linguistic side of things. Taking two classes with guys who write for Language Log, which is a cool blog about linguistics.
Yesterday we tried to go see Annie Hall in a park, only to get there and find out it was cancelled. Then rode BART down to the south side of the bay (I do not know what this area was called) and met a friend and rented the movie. Then I misread the BART schedule and we missed the last train, so we slept on my friend's couches. YEAH!
Today, I'm gonna try to find a cool bar to go to in the area. One where I can do the whole "meeting friends other than my roommate" thing.