Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Dog Has No Nose.

Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1344951 times)

0 Members and 120 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4950 on: July 24, 2009, 07:15:20 am »

I mean, it is already too late for that.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4951 on: July 24, 2009, 07:02:10 pm »

It is funny that it never occurred to me, maybe my current issues are related to the fact that that girl was like...
the reason misogyny exists.

fucked up hypercritical paranoid slut who lies. cheated on me with my best friend.

i don't know if I think it's related though, i was pretty awesome at not-having-sex with her, too. but probably for better reasons. (I had a natural feeling which I somehow did not realize was the feeling of "oh my god, get away from this girl, do not put your dick in her, turn around and run and do not come back")
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4952 on: July 24, 2009, 11:10:33 pm »

yeah, I think I am pretty happy with my decision not to have sex with that girl most of the time.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4953 on: July 27, 2009, 01:59:30 am »

this post is in the wrong tense for the thread, so too bad for the 'stay-on-topic-or-else' police.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=124085&id=541686078&l=60e3e9cab5

the pictures were taken here:

http://www.laketobias.com/
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4954 on: July 28, 2009, 02:22:41 am »

What happened to cause a missing generation amongst fraternal organizations?

Marijuana.

That being said, I'd join a lodge like yours.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4955 on: July 28, 2009, 02:57:01 am »

I would have guessed something like "associating fraternal orders with the Water-Buffalo thing in the Flintstones"
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4956 on: July 28, 2009, 03:25:55 am »

The artcar crowd has taken over the Odd Fellows lodge in my neighborhood.  They've invited me to join numerous times, but I've stayed away.  I'm not entirely sure why.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4957 on: July 28, 2009, 03:32:14 am »

paul, there is a big giraffe or shark artcar on my friend's street in Berkeley. I will take a picture when I get a chance.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4958 on: July 28, 2009, 03:40:48 am »

My almost father in law was a mason. He kind of hinted about me joining once or twice but I just couldn't see myself taking anything that seriously. On reflection this might have something to do with the 'almost' in 'almost father in law'.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4959 on: July 28, 2009, 03:43:45 am »

paul, there is a big giraffe or shark artcar on my friend's street in Berkeley. I will take a picture when I get a chance.

Is it This one?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4960 on: July 28, 2009, 03:58:20 am »

it might be?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4961 on: July 28, 2009, 01:14:58 pm »

My almost father in law was a mason. He kind of hinted about me joining once or twice but I just couldn't see myself taking anything that seriously. On reflection this might have something to do with the 'almost' in 'almost father in law'.

My boss is a mason. I think anyway, based on his ring. My grandma is shocked that I neither joined the masons nor took up golf. She considers both to be mandatory for all men who don't want to pump gas all their lives.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4962 on: July 28, 2009, 02:08:10 pm »

I've also been invited to join these folks, initiation is in September. A whole history of tomfoolery there, right down my alley, gold rush roots and all.

Now that looks like fun.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4963 on: July 28, 2009, 10:55:36 pm »

Yeah, that's the kind of honourable order I could get down with.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4964 on: July 28, 2009, 11:43:52 pm »

A churchkey? 

Dang, y'all need to get up to date out there on the west coast.  Around here our beer cans have had pop tops for almost 40 years now!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 878   Go Up