Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Young man on the #6 bus, The Doors were not a British band.

Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1344161 times)

0 Members and 197 Guests are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4965 on: July 29, 2009, 05:39:56 am »

Well hell, you Easterners never got around to sending more fellows along the Pony Express - how are we supposed to keep up with these newfangled things.  Anyways, I use a churchkey on my bottled beer.  Cans you say?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4966 on: July 29, 2009, 06:16:39 am »

Today my home was pronounced asbestos-free.  As a side benefit, apparently the ceilings had been harboring about 15 years of cigarette residue, as the smoke smell is now merely Noticeable as opposed to Horrible.  Tomorrow I'm gonna find out what my four pages of scribbling will cost to actually implement in house form.

I may have my standards too high.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4967 on: July 29, 2009, 12:42:06 pm »

Today I discovered that the lyrics for 'anything for love' actually do make logical sense. So I got that going for me, which is nice.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4968 on: July 29, 2009, 08:15:22 pm »

Today I discovered that the lyrics for 'anything for love' actually do make logical sense. So I got that going for me, which is nice.

You should check out this site.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4969 on: July 29, 2009, 10:57:50 pm »

Oh come on does Ice Cube's "It Was a Good Day" really need interpretation?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4970 on: July 29, 2009, 11:33:48 pm »

A lot of people don't immediately grasp the twist ending.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4971 on: July 30, 2009, 08:03:25 am »

...buy a fuck ton of cocaine and play some fuckin' rock and roll.

Getting a Fender Mustang soon.  Having a job is actually pretty nice if the job isn't awful.  The only bad part about my job is that once a week I get off less than twelve hours before I have to go back in and my wekend is wednesday night to friday night (wed is friday, fru is sunday).  I get jealous when my roommate is going out friday and saturday, but then I get to go out these days, so it is alright I guess.  Plus, my main musical contributor (trying to put together a band, we are the best, trying to get other people to change instruments and things) has the same off days.

But seriously, I have spent the last six years with no money after I buy weed for the month and those days are over friends!  Oh yeah, also I mainly just give cats medicine and can say I work at a cat shelter.  That makes women think I am compassionate, then I tell them how I draw blood and give shots and stuff and they think I am responsible or talented or not a fuck up or whatever.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 09:23:46 am by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4972 on: July 30, 2009, 08:25:56 am »

Congrats on the mustang. I have always wanted to play one. Also congratulations on the band. I am tentatively starting a band this fall, but, we do not know any drummers. I know duos are hot lately, but no drummer? Come on.
I miss my guitar, I have only played twice since May. I wish they were small and easy to carry around (and I don't mean those little travel-acoustic ones, I mean like... a jetsons guitar that turns into a briefcase).

Re-evaluating the way I am spending my time here. Blowing off all of my work is not really consistent with talking about how much I would like to go to Berkeley for grad school. Could not get in here regardless, but, come on man. Hove some dignity. it seems stupid that I am still trying to hammer "work hard to get things you want" into my head. it is so much easier to talk about how much I love my classes and then fail to do the reading. also, sleep as much as possible.

Being able to buy beer whenever I want is no good for my finances or lifestyle. Also, not having a fridge sucks.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4973 on: July 30, 2009, 09:25:15 am »

I wouldn't congratulate me yet, this is something we have been working on and then hating each other and then becoming friends a few months later and trying again for a long time.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4974 on: August 01, 2009, 07:45:02 pm »

how exactly does a mustang sound? i mean, compared to other fenders?


Last night I saw 500 Days of Summer. Probably not a good movie for me to have seen. I think I would do better at handling my life if i didn't constantly watch movies of people in situations that seem similar superficially.

also, totally obsessing about CCR. So good. Somehow i ended up in 3 different situations where a lot of CCR was getting played, and now I want to listen to them. Yeahh.

And finally: Muir Woods are really cool. It was a little strange how deer were walking right up to the path... that freaked me out a little. But otherwise, gorgeous.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4975 on: August 01, 2009, 07:59:34 pm »

...spend most of the day trying to figure out how to get back at the neighbor whose barking dog woke me up at 6:30 AM.

Fuck, people, if you don't want to listen to your dog making noise inside the house while YOU are sleeping, do you really think other people want to hear it???
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4976 on: August 01, 2009, 08:25:42 pm »

potato in exhaust
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4977 on: August 01, 2009, 08:30:55 pm »

Not sure they have a car.

I sent them an anonymous letter a couple months ago and the problem subsided for a while. I guess it's time for another one.

I was mad enough to check out the local animal control laws. I need to check if they have a doghouse. But if they don't, I'd need to somehow make sure that they leave the dog outside when there's no one home. Otherwise there's nothing to report them for. Unfortunately there's no law against putting your dog outside and ignoring it while it barks its head off in frustration.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4978 on: August 01, 2009, 09:52:52 pm »

Last night I saw Flesh Gordon in the theater. It is quite possibly the greatest movie I've ever seen. I think it's even better than that Bigger and Russianer video.

But it would totally suck if you weren't watching it with a lot of people.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4979 on: August 01, 2009, 10:49:14 pm »

the biggest problem with "500 Days of Summer" is that it presented LA as a place where people walk, and spend time in parks, and do not sit in traffic for hours.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 ... 878   Go Up