Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Fnord.

Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1343963 times)

0 Members and 182 Guests are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5055 on: August 12, 2009, 12:36:59 pm »

walking down Telegraph Ave (the main drag in Berkeley):

"Hey guys. I have two questions for you."
"yeah."
"Do you guys like 'shrooms?"
"no."
"... I guess I don't really need to ask you the second question then. Bye."

You could have picked them up for me.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5056 on: August 12, 2009, 03:09:06 pm »

Hello internet friends. I miss all of you, but my life has not made time to keep up with things. I'm flying to Seattle tomorrow. What do you know about Seattle?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5057 on: August 12, 2009, 03:15:03 pm »

yeah, I pretty immediately realized that I had passed up on a GREAT opportunity there. although, I am pretty sure I have realized that my desire to do drugs is not greater than my desire to not spend the amount of money that drugs cost. maybe if I had like, an income.

in the state I am in (3 hours of sleep) when I saw deja's poem comment I thought "tone poem," and not knowing what that is, I thought of this

ooh moaw moaw papa ooh maow maow maow
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5058 on: August 12, 2009, 03:21:00 pm »

What do you know about Seattle?
  • People from Seattle get defensive when you say it rains a lot there.  But it does.
  • There's a lot of coffee shops.
  • Safeco Field is a perfectly nice place to watch a ballgame.
  • You should go to Ivar's and eat salmon and chowder.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5059 on: August 12, 2009, 03:25:21 pm »

Hello internet friends. I miss all of you, but my life has not made time to keep up with things. I'm flying to Seattle tomorrow. What do you know about Seattle?

I recently completed a trip to Seattle.  Here are the pictures I took.

My opinion... Seattle is one of the greatest cities in America.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5060 on: August 12, 2009, 03:29:44 pm »

walking down Telegraph Ave (the main drag in Berkeley):

"Hey guys. I have two questions for you."
"yeah."
"Do you guys like 'shrooms?"
"no."
"... I guess I don't really need to ask you the second question then. Bye."

About 3 weeks ago I was at Sweetwater in Sterling with some people I knew in high school.

"Hey, not sure if you're interested but there's 'shrooms floating around."
"I'm good."
"OK then. But that's why everybody keeps going to the bathroom, if you're curious"
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5061 on: August 12, 2009, 03:43:56 pm »

I used to love mushrooms.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5062 on: August 12, 2009, 04:03:55 pm »

Bet he woulda tried harder if he understood the consequences...

I'm sure there are some MBA's in corporate America who are rubbing their chins and pondering ways to use this as an employee motivation tool.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5063 on: August 12, 2009, 04:11:12 pm »

Quote
I'm sure there are some MBA's in corporate America who are rubbing their chins and pondering ways to use this as an employee motivation tool.

Women/wives are way ahead of them. Like, eons.

1. that hoss is older than me.
2. pedigree things always make me think of how old-school european royalty are like really expensive pets, but without the benefit of knowledge of genetics.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 04:25:17 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5064 on: August 12, 2009, 09:25:05 pm »

Mushrooms are good to do like once or twice.  Once the sky opens up and you are pointing a flashlight at a tree then the sky and laughing uncontrollably they aren't going to take you anywhere else.  LSD and research chemicals though?  Bring them to me.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5065 on: August 12, 2009, 11:22:51 pm »

WHAT THE fuck*ng SHIT

so, I was supposed to get dinner with an old family friend the other day, and she ended up needing to cancel because she had to finish work for a summer class she's taking.

today, I found out that she is on "America's Next Top Model"? Or rather, will be on the new season which comes out soon, they filmed it this summer.


...

I took baths as a child with a girl who is on that show. what.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5066 on: August 12, 2009, 11:30:02 pm »

new record?
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5067 on: August 12, 2009, 11:39:48 pm »

I recently completed a trip to Seattle.  Here are the pictures I took.

Take me to the kittens!
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5068 on: August 13, 2009, 03:45:57 am »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5069 on: August 13, 2009, 11:26:23 am »

I just played soccer for the first time in years without stretching out properly. My crotch is weeping.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 878   Go Up