Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that someone should really go fix up the Achewood Wiki, the Achewiki, which could serve as a knowledge base for all things Achewood?

Pages: 1 ... 337 338 [339] 340 341 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1344173 times)

0 Members and 197 Guests are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5070 on: August 13, 2009, 06:08:10 pm »

poor timothy :(
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5071 on: August 13, 2009, 06:23:07 pm »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5072 on: August 13, 2009, 07:17:19 pm »

...realize that I will never catch up on this board, and just pick up where I left off anyway.

Also, I will stay home sick.

Also, I will write an article for my community news paper and psych myself up to ask random people in the neighbourhood random questions.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5073 on: August 16, 2009, 07:15:47 pm »

Back now.
If anyone else is considering an alone time adventure on the other side of the country, go for it. Its fantastically cathartic.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5074 on: August 16, 2009, 08:58:42 pm »

... have a nightmare in which my ex-girlfriend rants about my every personality flaw, in a tone much meaner than any she ever took in real life. It was scary as fuck because everything she said was accurate, and also because she was very nice in real life.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5075 on: August 16, 2009, 10:17:28 pm »

... have a nightmare in which my ex-girlfriend rants about my every personality flaw, in a tone much meaner than any she ever took in real life. It was scary as fuck because everything she said was accurate, and also because she was very nice in real life.

She must be very perceptive. 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5076 on: August 16, 2009, 10:24:15 pm »

my freshman year girlfriend sent me an email listing all of my faults, and a few faults that I don't actually have that she was projecting based on her own issues.

It was upsetting, but also kind of...

I don't know what emotion I am supposed to have about "here are all of your faults, get back together with me."

Today, I bought a car. Or rather, my parents bought me a car. It is a blue camry. In a few days I will drive it to St Louis, and I am really tempted to try to do 12 hours at once, but I have bad enough ADD that that would end with me driving off the road and dying.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5077 on: August 17, 2009, 12:04:49 am »

I had an ex-girlfriend who during the whole "this is us breaking up" fight, randomly went off saying all of the things she had apparently wanted to say but never did, then finished it off "I DONT EVEN LIKE YOUR MUSIC, I NEVER DID" as if that was supposed to be the death blow - that she had pretended to like the same music as me.
In the most recent breakup, it was an ex-girlfriend's friend I don't even know who decided to drunkenly rail into me over AIM in the middle of the night.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5078 on: August 17, 2009, 01:30:46 am »

there is this one guy my good friend dated who I hate. I decided that if I ever see him again I am going to punch him in the face.

so, we'll see how that goes. I think it will end with me figuring out that I am, in fact, not the kind of guy who should go around punching people.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5079 on: August 17, 2009, 07:14:30 pm »

today, I am ordering furniture, and finding out that if I leave on the day I planned to leave I will miss seeing my sister. Well, shit. Now I'm going to get the shitty bedroom.
If my roommate takes the good bedroom, I will commission the murder act on him.

Also, listening to Who's Next for the first time in a long time, and it is making me feel like high school.

My professor kept talking about how low his expectations were for our final paper, just send it in, I don't care, etc.
Now my worst fear has come true, which is getting an email saying "Well, I was expecting a little more than this..."
Fuck it, I passed the class, I guess?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 09:37:42 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5080 on: August 18, 2009, 06:03:52 pm »

OH, bummer, Ash. So sorry.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5081 on: August 18, 2009, 06:08:05 pm »

Geez, condolences Ash.  He was a fine looking hoss.  I'm sure he enjoyed his time with you.  Senior vittles and everything.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5082 on: August 18, 2009, 06:10:14 pm »

...realize after 5 days that Doc isn't getting better and put him down.

Details redacted, it sucks and leaves a bitter sense of failure and regret.

Bitter nachos with failure jalapenos and regret sauce.

So sorry dude.  But he should enjoy things in Wales.

 
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5083 on: August 18, 2009, 07:59:30 pm »

I am sorry about your hoss. My dog is getting towards that age and it sucks to think about. Good on you for making the tough choice.

(Is there a way to say "good on you" that isn't... Australian? "Good job" doesn't mean the same thing, but maybe only because people say that for piddly crap all the time.)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5084 on: August 18, 2009, 09:08:47 pm »

There is no penalty for being Australian.

Sorry about your hoss.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.
Pages: 1 ... 337 338 [339] 340 341 ... 878   Go Up