Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I shouldn't have to tell people not to hit me on the head nearly so often as I do.

Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1345950 times)

0 Members and 173 Guests are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5115 on: September 03, 2009, 04:28:54 am »

oh no a soccer game was won by a young team made to form because there were too many teams already what ever shall we doooooooooooo
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5116 on: September 03, 2009, 04:45:57 am »

Isn't... isn't the MLS kind of all expansion teams?

Isn't it too new than to not be comprised entirely of expansion teams?

Please note that my major plan to save baseball is to contract six teams out at once, instantly removing the worst 20% of all pitchers from the game.

I may be biased.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5117 on: September 03, 2009, 05:47:57 am »

The Houston Dynamos have won the championship a couple of times I think.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5118 on: September 03, 2009, 05:49:05 am »

today:
I realized that I somehow mis-remembered what my plan was to finish all my major requirements, and was stressing out about these classes that I don't actually need to take. I am now in the search for something fun and interesting that I want to learn about.

also: stood in one place for about an hour advertising the radio station, and ran into several pretty young ladies who were happy to see me after summer break.
Senior Year: The Last Year.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5119 on: September 03, 2009, 05:53:11 am »

I got one of those Hunger Games pins! It's shiny!
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5120 on: September 03, 2009, 05:58:24 am »

My senior year of college, many of my friends and I would try and create a "fantasy semester" of all the easiest courses we took in all of college and yet still, technically, carry the 13 credit hours necessary to be a full-time student.

Radio Station Operations was two three-page papers, a bunch of field trips to local radio stations and... a whole lot of listening to tapes of old radio stations, in class, for example.

Oh, I am not unrealistically nostalgic about college but.. when that was one-quarter of my worldly responsibilities for a period of four months. Oh man. Oh man.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5121 on: September 03, 2009, 06:42:21 am »

my last term of my last year i had one class. my major was already completed. what a nice couple months THAT was.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5122 on: September 03, 2009, 12:56:50 pm »

The Houston Dynamos have won the championship a couple of times I think.

Yes but the Dynamos are an expansion team in the same sense that the Bawlmer Ravens were. Technically it was a new team with no history but it was made up of players and staff of another team that just picked up and moved from San Jose to Houston.

LFM, the league is 13 years old. So I think that's long enough to stop considering them all expansion teams.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5123 on: September 03, 2009, 03:54:38 pm »

if it ain't one of the original dirty dozen it ain't soccer (football)
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5124 on: September 03, 2009, 08:16:10 pm »

I had no idea MLS was that old. Huh.

I thought, like, four years?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5125 on: September 04, 2009, 05:46:35 am »

Oh my gosh you guys today I was in line at Target and I had a short conversation with the prettiest, nicest lady in the world. I was thinking, "Dang it, why can't I be 10 years older? How come no-one my age is like this lady?" The experience made me think. I mean, why isn't anyone my age as awesome as slightly older people?
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5126 on: September 04, 2009, 06:13:15 am »

you just turned old


seriously why are you worried about age, if somebody is awesome they are awesome. did you not want to ask her on a date because she was too old because that's kind of a dummy move
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5127 on: September 04, 2009, 06:24:52 am »

seriously why are you worried about age, if somebody is awesome they are awesome. did you not want to ask her on a date because she was too old because that's kind of a dummy move

It would never work out because they are nostalgic for different decades.

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5128 on: September 04, 2009, 06:44:48 am »

you just turned old


seriously why are you worried about age, if somebody is awesome they are awesome. did you not want to ask her on a date because she was too old because that's kind of a dummy move

It wasn't that she was too old, my concerns were more about me being seen as too young. In the case of this particular woman, it's moot, because she had a married ring on her marriage finger. But in a more general sense, it is a small problem for me that comes up from time to time. Not too big. A terrier-sized problem.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5129 on: September 04, 2009, 07:13:06 am »

Maybe she's married to a lady and you just talked yourself out of a hot three-way.

A hot random Target hook-up three-way.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 878   Go Up