Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I haven't had a haircut since July. I'm hoping to, "wait it out."

Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1346621 times)

0 Members and 175 Guests are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5145 on: September 06, 2009, 05:05:05 am »

1st: Dude, get in line.
2nd: If I recommend you at my job you're guaranteed to at least get an interview and if you stay for 6 months I get like $1K finder's fee. But I work at a non-profit so I seriously doubt you'd be even slightly interested.
3rd: I fully admit the creepy post was just me trying to recreate the feeling of my best ever post. I did not succeed.

Man, nobody has asked me out at all in my town where the ratio is like 3:1, yet there are all these awesome + wonderful dudes that would ask me out if they lived closer than a $2000 plane ticket. What the hell, people.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5146 on: September 06, 2009, 07:29:57 am »

it's easy to talk big about asking rad chicks out when you're a 2000$ plane ticket away.

it's harder to be all "hrr hrr i'm gonna walk over and ask Somebody nice out" in real life, 10 feet away.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5147 on: September 06, 2009, 11:20:55 pm »

where does it cost $2000 dollars to fly to?  there better be some friendly stewardesses for that much money...
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5148 on: September 06, 2009, 11:44:58 pm »

since the dawn of time, man has dreampt of making the "keyboard cat" song the ringtone on his cellular telephone.
today, a new era dawns.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5149 on: September 07, 2009, 02:26:01 am »

Nice! I found out that the keyboard cat is from around here. The video is from the 90s, and the cat has been dead for awhile now.
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5150 on: September 07, 2009, 07:25:04 am »

...use my new bike to haul some monkey fightin' groceries.

(The groceries in the bag on the right side of the bike outweigh the cat litter (30lbs) and the 12 pack of beer.)
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5151 on: September 07, 2009, 02:29:17 pm »

Well damn. What kind of bike is it?
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5152 on: September 07, 2009, 02:50:05 pm »

...think about posting all my Facebook status updates in this thread, since I'm the one who nags on people not to do stuff on Facebook that they could be doing on this board.

I have an idea for an english as a second language workbook with exercises where you write the same updates in all three forms:

On Facebook, in the third person, sentence must start with your name;
On Twitter, any tense or person, under 140 characters;
In this thread, future tense, first person.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5153 on: September 07, 2009, 02:58:49 pm »

Well damn. What kind of bike is it?

It's a cargo bike made by Yuba.  All steel.  Weighs 50 lbs.  (The 2008 model weighed 60.)  The rack and wheel is rated up to 440lbs.

It's good for picking up chicks.
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5154 on: September 07, 2009, 05:21:32 pm »

And carrying them away, presumably.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5155 on: September 07, 2009, 06:07:27 pm »

we just unintentionally did some kind of Labor Day Metaphor, where my roommate sat on the couch reading Chinese literature and singing along to "Internationale," and I swept our floor and washed the dishes.

I am mad at him because he does not agree that Labor Day is the holiday where you watch the rest of the second season of Mad Men.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5156 on: September 07, 2009, 06:35:53 pm »


In this thread, future tense, first person.


Extra credit if you include a reference to one (or more!) of the following:

-- prescriptivism,
-- giraffe placenta, or
-- barbed cat penes
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5157 on: September 07, 2009, 08:08:23 pm »

Try to convince myself that, despite the premise of this book, I should not take up long distance running.  God knows, I have enough hobbies.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5158 on: September 07, 2009, 08:19:06 pm »

Try to convince myself that, despite the premise of this book, I should not take up long distance running.  God knows, I have enough hobbies.

Wow, that book looks fascinating. Not fascinating for me to actually get outside and run, but pretty dang cool. I should go see if the library has it.
Logged

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5159 on: September 07, 2009, 09:59:42 pm »

Dude, that book sounds so boss. I love running, but I always get hurt. It pisses me the hell off.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.
Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 878   Go Up