Mull the whole day over that I should have probably been a little bit more... physically assertive on the son of a bitch rapist whom I caught assaulting this one girl yesterday night (As soon as I arrived running on the spot he leapt to his dingy bike and pedaled away, while I was checking if the girl was ok - she was, only scared and a bit roughened up, disheveled clothes, that sort of thing).
It's not the practical concern about clipping the wings of a rapist on the loose that bothers me (in this hood, you really don't need to worry about certain things: as more people started noticing the fracas, a lynch patrol was quickly organized to pursue the guy - in cars and motorbikes - and if he's not dead by now then he sure is wishing he was). It's just a slight discomfort at not being quite ready to speak with my fists when the time calls for it as I like to imagine myself to be*. Adding to the complication, I'm pretty sure that if I had detained the guy for a couple seconds more there, I'd be fuck*ng directly responsible for his lynching/murdering, and I don't need that shit. On the other hand... Fuck. Fuck it, I fumbled my Batman day that's what I'm trying to say. I don't think my type of people gets a lot of those, so sad face-> =(
---
* - However, if he was still clinging to the girl when I got there, I'm pretty sure the story would have been very different - and way uglier.