Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

It sounds to me like you haven't read the Sex Rulebook! The first rule of Sex is that everybody can always get it on. Man, go for it! Awesome! Awesome! -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 ... 344 345 [346] 347 348 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1347616 times)

0 Members and 174 Guests are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5175 on: September 08, 2009, 05:54:43 pm »

Mull the whole day over that I should have probably been a little bit more... physically assertive on the son of a bitch rapist whom I caught assaulting this one girl yesterday night (As soon as I arrived running on the spot he leapt to his dingy bike and pedaled away, while I was checking if the girl was ok - she was, only scared and a bit roughened up, disheveled clothes, that sort of thing).

No, I'm pretty sure you did it exactly right.  She could have gotten stabbed or something, and you were right to be more concerned for her than for the dicey task of running down a panicked rapist (with or without a knife) on a bicycle.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5176 on: September 08, 2009, 06:40:07 pm »

I recommend taking leftover seafood to work, then putting it in the office microwave for like five minutes.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5177 on: September 08, 2009, 07:32:49 pm »

i work from home and don't have a microwave

i think i'll be fine
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5178 on: September 08, 2009, 07:58:14 pm »

i work from home don't have a microwave
what kind of anachronistic freak are you? Do you have a wheel driven fixed blade lawn mower, too?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5179 on: September 08, 2009, 08:05:28 pm »

I have to say, I don't mind the idea of the local denizens getting up a lynching party, particularly for that kind of caught in the act crime.

Whoa. I could only get behind something like that if the posse had a sweet-sounding name, like The Rough Chuckles (nah, who am I kidding, I'm too much of a wuss for that - I'd design their logo, tops...)
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5180 on: September 08, 2009, 08:45:38 pm »

I got an e-mail today from our executive director saying we're not getting raises this year, not even cost of living. Because of the economy and our merger strategic integration with another company and blah blah blah. The thing that bothers me is that since we're a non-profit that means anybody can look up our previous year's tax info. Including the 990 form which lists the salary of the guy who sent the e-mail.

Turns out he makes about 18 times what I do and more than double the next-closest employee. Plus travel reimbursement and whatnot. Way for him to take one for the team.

I'm also still pissed at him for changing the dress code so men can't wear shorts any more, even though he does whenever he goes golfing. Bastard.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5181 on: September 08, 2009, 08:56:09 pm »

what kind of anachronistic freak are you? Do you have a wheel driven fixed blade lawn mower, too?

it's called a "reel" mower and i sold it before i moved to los angeles, need to get another one soon
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5182 on: September 08, 2009, 09:26:41 pm »

I got an e-mail today from our executive director saying we're not getting raises this year, not even cost of living. Because of the economy and our merger strategic integration with another company and blah blah blah. The thing that bothers me is that since we're a non-profit that means anybody can look up our previous year's tax info. Including the 990 form which lists the salary of the guy who sent the e-mail.

Turns out he makes about 18 times what I do and more than double the next-closest employee. Plus travel reimbursement and whatnot. Way for him to take one for the team.

Did you see this article in the Post Metro section yesterday with the salaries of all kinds of people? Very interesting.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/metro/salaries/
Speaking of nonprofits, the head of DC Central Kitchen makes about 85,000 and the head of Alley Cat Allies makes 137,000. You could save a lot of kitties with the difference, you know?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5183 on: September 08, 2009, 11:23:04 pm »

After seeing Scott Simon's salary, I may have to reconsider contributing to NPR. Although the fact that he makes more than Grover Norquist is kind of ... funny.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5184 on: September 08, 2009, 11:30:31 pm »



This is the most perfect picture for every hockey player, ever.

Edit: And to keep up the twitterriffic theme of the thread, today I'm gonna listen to a client debate whether or not giant stacks of money in a TV spot I'm creating look too much like sandcastles or skyscrapers, and whether they want the voice talent to sound more like Morgan Freeman or James Earl Jones.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 11:35:16 pm by Mr Trout »
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5185 on: September 09, 2009, 12:00:50 am »

I recommend taking leftover seafood to work, then putting it in the office microwave for like five minutes.
Holy crap.  I didn't know you worked in my building.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5186 on: September 09, 2009, 12:08:25 am »

After seeing Scott Simon's salary, I may have to reconsider contributing to NPR.

The Technical Staff made the same point, and I tried to argue that this was not so bad - I'm sure other equally well known media personalities make more - and then I remembered that he only hosts a show one day a week.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5187 on: September 09, 2009, 12:27:16 am »

Really I think I'm just looking for an excuse not to contribute, but I think it's a fair point. Also the fact that one of the local stations broadcasts contemporary gospel music on Sunday mornings. This is especially obnoxious because in Utah, if I wanted Jesus on Sunday mornings, I have far too many options for NPR to push it on me.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5188 on: September 09, 2009, 02:37:48 am »

A phrase I use too much, because I live in Idaho: Fuckin' Mormons, man.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5189 on: September 09, 2009, 03:17:34 am »

...retire my middle cat avatar for a while, at least.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: 1 ... 344 345 [346] 347 348 ... 878   Go Up