Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Italian food is like pornography. I can’t define it, but I know when I have paid too much.

Pages: 1 ... 345 346 [347] 348 349 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1347816 times)

0 Members and 192 Guests are viewing this topic.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5190 on: September 09, 2009, 05:08:13 am »

A phrase I use too much, because I live in Idaho: Fuckin' Mormons, man.

just the idaho ones?  or all of them?  because i live in PA....
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5191 on: September 09, 2009, 08:05:34 pm »

...think about upgrading my iPod. The new Nano has video now, which sounds useless, but I had been thinking about getting on of those flip cameras to mount on my bike helmet. The nano would be much less dorky, and I wouldn't even notice the weight.

They also have radio. Wombat, weren't you always wanting to listen to All Things Considered on the go? You can even pause the radio (but not record it). This is a feature I've wanted to have in my car for years.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5192 on: September 09, 2009, 08:13:42 pm »

Radio! Yes! I keep buying these other stupid brands of mp3 players because Apples never had radio. And, now that I have a DVR and am used to being able to pause the tv, it drives me CRAZY not to be able to pause the radio.

But damn, I have an new mp3 player I bought just a few months ago and another old one that has nothing wrong with it that I use at the gym. One of them may have to meet with an unfortunate accident.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5193 on: September 09, 2009, 08:15:27 pm »

My 3G iPod is getting on in years. I keep hoping they'll come out with a 32-64GB Nano before it totally craps out on me but that doesn't seem likely.

I know the iTouch is up to 64GB but it costs $400 and the only relevant feature it has that the Nano doesn't is the ability to act as an iTunes remote.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5194 on: September 09, 2009, 10:32:20 pm »

buy a $5k watch. Its nice to have a job and know that all that work is worth something. Still no one to hug at night.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5195 on: September 09, 2009, 11:08:21 pm »

What did you get? I went to a few really nice watch shops in NYC recently (Cellini and Wempe) and really fell in love with the Jaegers, especially the Reserve De Marche and the Master Perpetual (though that is way out of my price range).
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5196 on: September 09, 2009, 11:21:11 pm »

Breitling, its great. Got it at Ross & Simons at the mall at short hills (NJ).
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5197 on: September 10, 2009, 12:46:38 am »

I read this page and thought you guys were talking about beer. Then I read the previous page and found that you were actually talking about watches. This proves that I know nothing about beer or watches.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5198 on: September 10, 2009, 02:29:35 am »

Breitling, its great. Got it at Ross & Simons at the mall at short hills (NJ).

There's some vintage Breitling I love, but my wrists are just too small to pull off pilot watches. I tend to stick to the classically styled brands. I do love the look of the Breitling Montbrillant series though. I've been looking for this vintage Omega for what seems like forever: http://www.christies.com/lotfinderimages/d49827/d4982735x.jpg but apparently it is really hard to find. Oh well, gives me more time to save for when I eventually stumble upon it. It has an image of St. Christopher on it, who is considered the patron saint of travel. I like that association; even if I don't travel all that much I still bike a whole lot and I need all the good luck charms I can get to fend off aggressive drivers.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 02:34:48 am by Mr Trout »
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5199 on: September 10, 2009, 03:17:55 am »

buy a $5k watch. Its nice to have a job and know that all that work is worth something. Still no one to hug at night.

Sadface.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5200 on: September 10, 2009, 04:43:07 am »

What is the point of wearing a wrist watch?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5201 on: September 10, 2009, 05:03:35 am »

It's more jewelry rather than something I wear because I need to know the time.
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5202 on: September 10, 2009, 05:10:50 am »

buy a $5k watch. Its nice to have a job and know that all that work is worth something. Still no one to hug at night.

duder... thanks for rubbing my small-times-ness in my face.  i thought it was a big deal when i bought a $60 fossil watch a few months ago.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5203 on: September 10, 2009, 05:36:20 am »

If I didn't have that stupid metal allergy, I would love to wear a wristwatch. They are handy. I used to have one on a velcro band so the metal didn't touch my skin, but it looked dorkrageous.
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5204 on: September 10, 2009, 05:55:10 am »

I still bike a whole lot and I need all the good luck charms I can get to fend off aggressive drivers.

Right there with you.   There are a couple six ghost bikes stashed around Portland.  They give me the creeps.   Makes me feel like there's a right-hook out there somewhere with my name on it.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 345 346 [347] 348 349 ... 878   Go Up